Studying should be made purposeful and result oriented. Learning is of course a conscious process to learn or master a subject material require intensive but systematic study.
Learning how to study better helps avoid panic and frustration the next time a big test is coming up. After all, you are more likely to do well and be less stressed before a test when you have had time to properly review and practice the material!
Studying could be fun, if ones vision is targeted at modifying ones life.
Ways of achieving an effective attitude to studying is:
- Be self confident by developing a positive attitude towards your study.
- Be self motivated that is create some interest in studying. This must be an internal or intrinsic motivation.
- Be open-minded towards studying, by not trying to get frustrated over attempted efforts to understand a learning materials for distinction
- Try many ways of studying to locate the one that suit you must that is try to study during the three identified period of the day; Morning, Afternoon, and Night.
- Be ready to study any subject material.
- Be ready to recall and practice some question on any assignment or subject material.
- Have discussion group with responsible, ready-to-learn, reasonable and reliable peers or classmate (The group must not have more than five people/Students) Read the subject material before any discussion starts.
- Make sure you take very important point down while studying.
-Repeat the study of a subject material, severally to be sure you have gained a good level of retention. This is called Over-learning.
-Don’t be afraid of any subject material. Be determined to break any barriers or fear surrounding any subject material. DONT GIVE UP!
The SQ3R method is a proven, step-by-step strategic approach to learning and studying from textbooks. Why is it successful? Because it helps you to discover the important facts and ideas that are contained in your textbook, and master and retain that information so that you are prepared for an examination.
- Always plan your study by using a properly prepared timetable and follow it strictly. Don’t read too late into the night.
Now come up with your own tips
These tips are only some of the things you can do to get the most out of your studying. You might already have other things that work better for you. Find out what your friends do when they’re studying. Maybe your teachers have some good recommendations too.
Whatever it is, whatever strategy you come up with, when you find something that works for you, put it into practise and go for it!
If you’ve got an exam coming up you might also like to have a look at our 5 TIPS TO PASS AN EXAM