Following the unfortunate state of the Akure/Ado-Ekiti street, inhabitants of Ondo and Ekiti States on Wednesday fought the surrender of the expressway after it was granted for dualization last year
The occupants asserted that project workers who were given the agreement would not initiate work out and about 15 months subsequent to getting assembly for the N22b dualization of the road.
Speaking in the interest of the nonconformists, Niyi Majofodu said, the street had become a bad dream to occupants of Igoba pivot just as drivers utilizing the road.
With the dissidents equipped with notices of different engravings, they expressed that the condition of the street has kept on helping exercises of lawbreakers participating in kidnappings and killings.
Some of the engravings read “A lot of capturing, assaulting on Akure-Ado-Ekiti street”, “Lead representative Fayemi may not be excessively content with the gradualness of Akure-Ado-Ekiti street”, “Repudiate Akure-Ado-Ekiti street contract from Dantata and Sawoe.
Others read “Dantata and Sawoe are baffling the exertion of Mr. President on-street infrastructural improvement”, “Fix our streets, save our spirits,” “Following 15 months of preparation Dantata and Sawoe organization is mysteriously gone”, “Such a large number of killings and burglaries on Akure-Ado-Ekiti road.
With the roadway blockaded at Igoba intersection, Akure North Local Government during the dissent, Mojofodun said that “the dualization of Akure – Ado Ekiti street was granted to Dantata & Sawoe in 2020 and consequently got assembled in November 2020, notwithstanding, the worker for hire would not move to site until a couple of days prior after our association had appealed to the workplace of the Director-General of BPP over the relinquishment of the task. Duplicate of the request letter is therefore attached.
“It is on record that killings, kidnappings, theft, assaulting and horrible engine mishap have gotten wild on the said street (Akure–Ado Ekiti).
“We can’t stand to kick the bucket peacefully, we need to emphatically interest President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR, to kindly investigate this matter as an issue of desperation. We additionally express our disappointment at the habits in which Director General ( BPP) granted the road.
“For example, the Dualization of Akure–Ado Ekiti street project granted in 2020 by the President for Twenty-two billion, 600 and 63 million, 400 and 51 thousand, 300 and three naira, 61 kobo (N22, 663,451,303.61) to Dantata & Sawoe Company with a sensible measure of assembly which was anyway deserted by the said company.
Also bemoaning the turn of events, one of the partners, Biyi Poroye said the mentality of the worker for hire towards the undertaking had become an immense concern, especially that inhabitants and drivers had been going through desolations on a day by day basis.
On his part, the Senior Special Assistant to Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State on Citizen Engagement and Grassroot, Josemaria Adeusi said “If a worker for hire has been activated 15 months prior and he has not done anything critical that we can see to confirm that he is prepared to work, the best to do is to repudiate the contract.
For the previous Chairman of Akure North Local Government, Rotimi Adeleye said, “It is exceptionally humiliating and appalling that nothing has been finished. We are begging the public authority to go to our guide. A few lives have been lost on this street close by a few kidnappings.”