Good forenoon! Hither is nowadays’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. President Muhammadu Buhari, at the weekend, once more promised to eliminate all forms of violent crimes across Nigeria. The president stated in Kaduna Province on Saturday that the administration will keep to do everything within the ambit of the law to stamp out heinous crimes creating fears amid the citizenry.
2. Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue Province on Saturday in Makurdi expressed confidence that the PDP was waxing stronger and would win overwhelmingly at the 2023 full general elections. He told newsmen that the PDP was superior positioned at present and was ready to wrestle powerfulness from the ruling APC.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated Dr Osahon Enabulele on his election as the President of the World Medical Organization (WMA) for 2022-2023. In a congratulatory message by his spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina, on Saturday, in Abuja, Buhari famous that ”at a time when the COVID-19 pandemic has challenged the world, a Nigerian has been elected to direct a rattling important body.”
4. Thugs numbering in relation to 4 have attacked Mr Waziri Enwongulu, the Legal Adviser, All Progressives Congress (APC) of Wakama ward, Nasarawa Province. Enwongulu patch narrating his ordeal on Saturday in Wakama when officials of APC and stakeholders visited him, said that he doesn’t know why the unidentified men attacked him and burnt his blood brother’s house.
5. 20-four hours after 11 Fulanis were killed by local vigilante grouping popularly called Yan Sakai at Mammande weekly market place in Gwadabawa Local Regime Area of Sokoto Province, some other 20 persons have been killed by suspected armed bandits in some other market place at Ungwan Lalle in Sabon Birni Local Regime Area of Sokoto Province. A former council chairman of Sabon Birni LG, Abdullahi Tsamaye confirmed the incident to newsmen on Saturday.
6. The Local Regime election held in Plateau Province on Saturday, was marred by voters’ apathy and inadequate election materials. This is as a former governor of the province, Jonah Jang, described the exclusion of the Peoples Democratic Political party from the election as shameful and a mockery of democracy.
7. Many people were said to have lost their lives in an accident that occurred along Iseyin-Ibadan Route. It was gathered that the incident occurred in a sharp curve at kilometre 5, Iseyin-Ibadan Route. Though, the number of those who lost their lives has not been ascertained officially yet, study claims 18 people reportedly lost their lives in the incident.
8. The Mai Mala Buni-led Caretaker Commission of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has written a alphabetic character of recognition to the ‘Progressives Consolidation Grouping’, a grouping rooting for Prof. Yemi Osinbajo’s Presidency in 2023. The alphabetic character has made the Progressive Consolidation Grouping, (PCG) the foremost to be formally recognized by the National Secretariat of the APC, ahead of 2023.full general election.
9. A total of 158 armed services personnel are to face a Tribunal Martial for offences bordering on alleged professional person misconduct. The personnel comprised 28 officers and 130 soldiers. The armed services tribunal was inaugurated on Saturday at the Maimalari Cantonment in Maiduguri by the Theatre Commander of the Articulation Task Strength “Surgical process Hadin Kai”, Maj. Gen. Christopher Musa.
10. Former Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Professor Attairu Jega, has said the 2 major political parties in the country have led Nigeria astray in the lastly 21 years of democratic governance. Speaking at the maiden initiative lecture of Kwara visioners Network for Rural Evolution, in Ilorin the Kwara Province working capital, on Saturday, Professor Jega advocated creation of new special ‘vehicles’ to loose Nigeria from its nowadays strangulation.
Source link from dailypost.ng