1. Many persons are believed to have been killed in a mishap at Isaka Jetty in Okirka Local Authorities Area of Rivers Province. An eyewitness said that no fewer than 10 persons out of 70 persons standing on the jetty drowned.
2. The National leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has stated that he’s still undergoing physiotherapy in London after a successful surgery. The former governor of Lagos disclosed this patch addressing the Northern Caucus of the House of Representatives led by the Deputy Speaker, Hon Ahmed Idris Wase, who visited him in London.
3. Boko Haram fighters yesterday, attacked the Damboa Local Authorities Area of Borno Province and killed scores of residents. The onrush happened hours after Lieutenant Full general Farouk Yahaya, Primary of Regular army Staff, tasked his men to remain committed to secure the land.
4. The Police force Command in Delta has arrested one Solomon Ebe over alleged possession of 340 rounds of AK-47 live ammunition concealed within a bag of garri. The Police force Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the command, DSP Vivid Edafe, disclosed this in a statement on Saturday in Warri.
5. President Muhammadu Buhari will on Sun go to Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia to attend the inauguration of the country’s Prime Government minister, Abiy Ahmed for a moment five-year term in business office on Monday in Addis Ababa. This was disclosed through a statement issued by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Primary Femi Adesina.
6. The Police force Command in Zamfara Province has arrested a notorious bandits commander, one Bello Rugga and neutralised 5 others during a raid in Gummi Local Authorities Area of the Province. Mr Ayuba Elkanah, the Commissioner of Police force, made the disclosure patch parading the kingpin with 21 other suspected bandits and their collaborators, on Saturday in Gusau.
7. A study by a civil society grouping, the Paradigm Leadership Back up Initiative has said that the Federal Authorities lost N557 billion to non-compliance with financial regulations and the Public Procurement Human activity by ministries, departments and agencies betwixt 2013-2017. Speaking during the study presentation which also marked the 5th anniversary of the grouping, the PLS Executive Manager, Segun Elemo, called on the FG to speed upward the physical process of enacting contemporary audit law to boundary wastage and inefficiency in the direction and utilisation of public funds.
8. Former Central Bank Governor and candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in the forthcoming governorship elections in Anambra Province, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo has said the Province loses N19.6 billion every daytime that it is locked downwardly. Soludo stated this at an enlarged coming together with Anambra Province Elders and Stakeholders Forum, and Forum of Heads of Broadcast Media Stations in Anambra Province.
9. Unknown gunmen on Fri kidnapped Dr Ibrahim Garba, Permanent Secretarial assistant, Niger Province Ministry building of Transportation and his son. Commissioner of Police force in the province, Mr Monday Kuryas, made this known in an interview with newsmen in Minna on Saturday.
10. 5 household members of Alhaji Nasiru Magarya, Speaker of the Zamfara Province House of Assembly, have regained theirvfreedom. The Police force Command in Zamfara on Saturday announced the rescue of the 5 household members of the Speaker.
Source link from dailypost.ng