1. The Nnewi, Anambra, residence of Joe Igbokwe, a Lagos-based All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain, has been set ablaze. Igbokwe raised the warning over the incident in a Facebook post on Sun.
2. Suspected IPOB militants attacked the business office of the Department of Province Services (DSS) in Nnewi, Anambra Province, on Sun. The Province Police force Command’s spokesperson, DSP Tochukwu Ikenga, confirmed that there was an incident in Nnewi, but refused to province the offices involved.
3. There was tragedy at El-Adonai Evangelical Church building in Abule-Egba, Lagos, when an electric cable fell on worshippers during service. 2 adults and 2 teenagers were said to have been electrocuted in the incident. Managing director, Lagos Province Flaming and Rescue Service, Mrs. Adeseye Margaret, who confirmed the incident, said some of the victims were unconscious as at press time.
4. The Peoples Democratic Political party (PDP) youths have urged the leadership of the political party to throw the 2023 presidential ticket open. The PDP youths, under the aegis of Due south-Due south Youth Vanguard, in a statement on Sun by its National Chairman, James Efe Akpofure, said there is to a greater extent benefits for the political party whether the presidential place was thrown open than to zone it to a specific part.
5. Hazel Oyeye Onou, Large Blood brother Naija housemate popularly known as WhiteMoney, has emerged winner of the present. The Enugu-born entertainer defeated other contenders to win the N90 million prize.
6. Lagos Province Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Sun urged Nigerians to appreciate God for keeping the country together despite its multi-faceted challenges. Speaking after a special prayer for Nigeria organised by the national headquarters of Redeemed Christian Church building of God, RCCG, Throne of Grace Parish in Ebute-Meta, Lagos, Sanwo-Olu said he believed that God is involved in the affairs of Nigeria.
7. The national leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, and the squad from the Federal Authorities are to run into later this week to avert some other circular of strike by the academy lecturers. The Chairman, Lagos Zone of ASUU, Dr Adelaja Odukoya, piece speaking with our correspondent yesterday, said the coming together would take hold this week, going by assurances from the authorities side.
8. A lecturer at the Adekunle Ajasin Academy, Akungba, Akoko, AAUA, Ondo province, Mayowa David Adinlewa has been reportedly abducted by gunmen. A household source who spoke with newsmen said that the telephone was forcefully retrieved from the victim’s married woman and switched off when she asked for their location.
9. President Muhammadu Buhari arrived in Addis Ababa, the Ethiopian working capital, on Sun for the Monday inauguration of Prime Government minister Abiy Ahmed for some other five-year term. The Nigerian leader, who was accorded a total guard of honour by the Ethiopian National Defence Forcefulness on his arrival, was received by Prime Government minister Ahmed.
10. The Osun Province Police force Command on Sun said it has commenced investigation into the circumstances surrounding the expiry of a pair, Olasunkanmi and Fisayo Eso, in their residence in Ilesha. Residents of Ireti Ayo Area, Ilesha, had said the pair were found dead on Fri.
Source link from dailypost.ng