The Kogi Province Regime on Lord’s Day denied ownership of the N19.3 billion returned to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) by the Economical and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Recall that on Fri the EFCC said it returned the total of N19.33 billion Kogi salary bailout funds it recovered from a Sterling Bank account to the CBN.
Notwithstanding, speaking to newsmen on Lord’s Day, Mr. Kingsley Fanwo, Kogi Province Commissioner for Information and Communication, described the claims as “mischievous, mistaken and politically motivated.”
The province also threatened legal activeness whether the EFCC does not within 48 hours, retract the statement.
Fanwo explained that Kogi Province does not operate a fixed deposit Sterling Bank account, which had been clarified by the bank in its alphabetic character, dated Sept. 1.
He maintained that the province regime has disbursed its bailout loans since Oct 2019 and there is no hidden bailout funds/loan’ belonging to Kogi that is capable of existence returned to the CBN or frozen by an tell of tribunal.
“The EFCC knows this, which is why it withdrew the suit it filed in Judicature on the bailout fund.
“The Kogi regime did not also open or operate a Kogi Province salary bailout fixed deposit account, No. 0073572696, where the said funds were allegedly warehoused and dissipated and at present allegedly returned to the CBN,” NAN quoted him as saying.
Fanwo also challenged the EFCC to supply details of the fixed deposit account, adding that the evolution gr was aimed at tarnishing the rising political image of Gov. Yahaya Bello.
“We farther demand an apology published within 48 hours from nowadays, in one national daily and on all EFCC official and social media platforms, addressed to the governor and the entire regime and people of Kogi,” he added.
Source link from dailypost.ng