On Tuesday night, Nigeria beat Egypt 1-0 in their opening component of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.
The Super Eagles not just won the video game however they likewise beat Mo Salah and co. It would not even be an exaggeration to state the Super Eagles must have won 3-0 quickly.
However, what are the 5 things to gain from the video game in Garoua?
1. Eguavoen has actually succeeded: The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) sacked Gernot Rohr with just 4 weeks to the competition. Eguavoen was prepared in to manage the group on an interim basis. With the proof of the 90 minutes we saw, it is clear just how much work he has actually finished with the gamers. Which should be praised. The tactical system made sure the group remained compact and arranged, however likewise revealed themselves in the attack.
2. Wide males require final product: Moses Simon was a thorn in the flesh of the Egyptians all video game. He ran past their fullbacks and protectors for enjoyable. Nevertheless, his last ball left a lot to be preferred. Taiwo Awoniyi who began in the center hardly had anything to feed off. Samuel Chukwueze put in a soft efficiency on the other wing. Chidera Ejuke was likewise inefficient and self-centered when he began.
3. Riches in the attack: Having actually stated so, it is remarkable that in spite of the withdrawals of Victor Osimhen, Odion Ighalo and Dennis Emmanuel, the Eagles group is well-stocked in advance. Umar Sadiq came on to change Awoniyi, while Peter Olayinka didn’t leave the bench. Alex Iwobi played most likely a minute in the end, while Henry Onyekuru sat this one out.
4. Eagles are competitors: Let’s call a spade what it is. With this efficiency and outcome, Nigeria has actually made it clear to everybody else that they are not on an adventure journey in Cameroon. And it is reasonable to state that of all the leading groups that have actually played up until now, Eguavoen’s males have actually been the most outstanding. Nevertheless, they require to reveal more consistency with Sudan and Guinea-Bissau waiting in the subsequent group components.
5. Where is Salah? The pre-game analysis was filled with one name: Mohammed Salah. However the Liverpool forward hardly got a smell. He looked desperate and desolate sometimes, as his colleagues had a hard time to enforce themselves on Nigeria and feed him. The 28-year-old did not even see scraps to feed upon, as the Eagles’ protector kept him at bay for 90 minutes.
Source link from dailypost.ng