Job title: Wash And Shelter Manager (worldwide) At Danish Refugee Council (drc)
Job description: Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish global non-legislative association, which advances and supports solid answers for the issues looked by outcasts and inside dislodged individuals everywhere on the world. DRC is available in excess of 30 clash regions all throughout the planet helping uprooted individuals with cover, food, pay producing exercises, and a wide scope of other help. It is of most extreme significance for DRC to work in consistence with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management framework and public enactments. Smooth, solid and compelling operational frameworks are preconditions for DRC to keep up its situation as a dependable and dependable accomplice for our givers and a responsible association towards our beneficiaries.
We are enlisting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Wash and Shelter Manager (International)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Supervised by: Head of Programme
Reporting to: Head of Programme
Area of Operation: Nigeria
Contract Type: National Contract
Employment Period: 12 months
Type of Contract: Expatriate Contract
- The Danish Refugee Council helps outcasts and inside dislodged people across the globe: we give crisis help, battle for their privileges, and fortify their chance for a more brilliant future.
- We work in struggle influenced zones, along the removal courses, and in the nations where exiles settle. In participation with nearby networks, we make progress toward mindful and manageable arrangements. We run after effective reconciliation and – at whatever point conceivable – for the satisfaction of the wish to return home.
- The Danish Refugee Council was established in Denmark in 1956 and has since developed to turn into a worldwide philanthropic association with in excess of 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Situated in Copenhagen (Denmark) and present in forty nations, the Danish Refugee Council is a non-benefit making, politically free, non-administrative and non-denominational help organization.
- Our vision is an honorable life for all dislodged. Every one of our endeavors depend on our worth compass: mankind, regard, freedom and lack of bias, interest, and trustworthiness and transparency
Danish Refugee Council (DRC), and its Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding specialized unit – the Danish Demining Group (DDG), has had an operational presence in Nigeria since 2015. DRC Nigeria is the biggest DRC country mission in the West Africa district and one of the biggest DRC country missions globally.
Currently, DRC conveys life-saving help and insurance to powerless, struggle influenced populaces including inside uprooted people, returnees and have networks in the space of furnished brutality decrease, compassionate mine activity, occupations, sustenance and food security, insurance, cover and non-food things (NFI) and water, disinfection and cleanliness (WASH) in 30+ Local Government Areas (LGAs) across Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states in upper east Nigeria.
- The DRC Nigeria is hoping to select an accomplished, exceptionally qualified and eager expert to join our incredible WASH and Shelter group in Nigeria.
- This job reports to the Head of Program (HoP), the WASH and Shelter Manager is answerable for coordination and effective execution of WASH and Shelter exercises in Nigeria – with an essential spotlight on giving crisis lifesaving admittance to water, sterilization, cleanliness and asylum/NFIs for struggle influenced IDPs/returnees and have networks in North East Nigeria.
- This position is a specialized one, requiring a reliable past encounter in a comparative position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the authority of the Head of Programs, working intimately with other area groups, he/she will be liable for the following:
- Working intimately with the Area Managers, lead and deal with the area group (counting individuals arranging, execution, prosperity and development)
- Staff limit expanding on WASH and Shelter specialized competencies.
Technical administration of area projects
- Identify needs and actually help the WASH and Shelter projects
Monitoring, Reporting and Development:
- Develop and guarantee the right use of program checking tools
- Quality control and site observing to guarantee that administrations gave are concurring standards
- Program checking according to expected yields and outcomes
- Monitor monetary spending and budgets
- Write giver and the executives reports
- Continuously update project documentation and files
- Explore new business and partnerships.
- Work intimately with HoP and Quality Assurance Manager to foster quality proposition, idea notes and budgets
- Develop and attempt needs appraisals to educate program plan and key direction.
- Conduct regular quick necessities appraisal of the circumstance in case of crisis in a joint effort with different partners to address related problems
External Coordination and Representation
- Share important undertaking data with stakeholders
- Participate in pertinent coordination gatherings at stage and public levels.
- Participate in significant Task Force gatherings as needed
As Manager the post-holder is liable for the accompanying:
- Accountable for accomplishing DRC’s essential objectives and destinations inside the space of responsibility
- Accountable for settling on huge choices on what the unit does: its motivation, capacities and job, and for settling on responsibilities and choices that require the consumption of huge unit resources.
- Accountable for settling on steady choices dependent on DRC strategies, MOPs, norms, and the exhortation of specialized specialists in DRC
The obligations recorded in the Job Description are not comprehensive and might be rearranged by operational necessities yet will stay in accordance with the general reason for the role.
Experience and Technical Competencies: (incorporate long periods of involvement)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Water Engineering, Architecture or Construction (affirmed engineer).
- Master’s certificate in above fields will be an additional advantage
- At least 5 years’ involvement with arranging, carrying out and assessing WASH and Shelter/NFI projects.
- Thorough information on WASH and Shelter/NFIs activities and implementation.
- Good IT abilities (particularly MS Office).
- Highly self-propelled while making progress toward flawlessness under least supervision.
- Hands on experience in Project Planning and Management.
- Experience working in crisis reaction with INGOs, ideally in a philanthropic context.
- Prior experience in Northeast Nigeria is an advantage.
- Languages: Fluency in composed and communicated in English and Knowledge of Hausa or potentially different dialects utilized in upper east Nigeria would be a plus.
Required Skills and Qualities:
- Core Competencies of DRC:
- Striving for excellence
- Taking the lead
- Demonstrating Integrity
- Ability to work in a worldwide and multicultural environment
- Proactivity, with a sound obligation to cooperation and with a feeling of real collaboration
- Excellent relational abilities, just as tolerance and pleasantness, are required
- Multi-entrusting and Organizational abilities is a must
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Proven logical and basic reasoning skills
- Exemplary feeling of morals in the workplace
- Team-situated and capable of humor.
Salary and Benefits
Management F, level 1 – unaccompanied position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified up-and-comers should:
- All candidates should send an introductory letter and a refreshed CV (no longer than four pages). Both should be in English.
- DRC gives equivalent freedom in business and forbids segregation in work based on race, sex, shading, religion, sexual direction, age, conjugal status or disability.
- DRC urges all candidates to apply and doesn’t rehearse any separation in any enrollment process.
- Applications submitted after the cutoff time won’t be considered.
- Due to the desperation of the position, DRC has the privilege to enlist an up-and-comer who coordinates with the necessary profile before the above deadline.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Job date: Sun, 23 May 2021 06:01:20 GMT