Job title: Vice-chancellor At The University Of Port Harcourt
Job description: The University of Port Harcourt was set up in 1975 as a College of the University of Lagos and acquired full independent status in 1977. The University is a Center of Academic Excellence with a command to give subjective and research arranged instruction in the Niger Delta locale and Nigeria at large.
We welcome applications from reasonably qualified possibility to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The post of Vice-Chancellor of the University of Port Harcourt will get empty in July 2020. Compliant with the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree No. 11 of 1993 as corrected by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Amendment Act No. I of 2007, the Governing Council of the University of Port Harcourt welcomes applications from appropriately qualified possibility to fill the vacancy.
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive, Financial and Academic Officer of the University and the Chairman of numerous legal bodies
- He/she is additionally an individual from the Governing Council, capable to Council on issue of strategy execution in the space of account, property/offices, general organization and great administration of the University
- The right contender for the post of Vice-Chancellor is needed to have a decent University schooling and ought to be a demonstrated, experienced and fruitful Manager of human and material assets, with incredible oral and composed relational abilities, including relational relations and group spirit.
Specifically, the up-and-comer will be required to:
- Be not over 65 years as at the date of suspicion of obligation as Vice-Chancellor;
- Be a profoundly recognized scholastic of the position of Professor, with capacity to give quality scholarly and regulatory leadership.
- Be a researcher who is all around grounded in the best scholastic tradition;
- Have a high standing and have the option to deserve the admiration of public and global scholarly networks through his/her track record;
- Provide authoritative initiative to a very much educated and understandable neighborhood scholarly community;
- Possess the capacity to support amicability between Council, Administration, Staff and Students from one viewpoint, and between the University and the host networks on the other hand;
- Be an ingenious character with drive, vision and drive for supporting the sped up speed of improvement of the University, significantly under monetary and other testing constraints;
- Be an individual with great handle of data and correspondence innovation abilities, and who likes its importance in the contemporary information ecosystem;
- Be an individual of high honor and individual integrity;
- Be somebody who appreciates, regards and advances merit without dread or favor much under tension; and
- Enjoy brilliant physical and psychological well-being, and be set up to work under impressive pressure.
Conditions of Service
- The compensation and different states of administration are as pertinent to the post of a Vice-Chancellor in all Federal Universities in Nigeria and as might be controlled by the Federal Government/the Governing Council of the University of Port Harcourt from time to time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified up-and-comers ought to advance their Applications, which ought to be made in 30 duplicates, including nitty gritty Curriculum Vitae appropriately marked and dated by the competitor. Every Curriculum Vitae should incorporate the Names and Addresses of three Referees.
All Applications ought to be under classified cover and tended to to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Port Harcourt
P.M.B. 5323 Choba,
- Each candidate should demand every one of his/her Referees to advance direct to the Registrar and Secretary to Council, a “Classified Report” in appropriately fixed envelope checked: “Official Report” with the name of the up-and-comer at the upper left hand corner of the envelope by Courier Mail to the location above.
- In the instance of an up-and-comer distinguished and selected by the “Search Team”, every Application should be joined by a letter of assent properly endorsed by the competitor and presented by means of messenger mail on the Registrar and Secretary to Council, University of Port Harcourt.
- The fixed envelopes containing the applications/designations ought to be stamped “Bad habit Chancellor” at the upper left hand corner and sent on schedule to arrive at the Registrar and Secretary to Council, by Courier Mail, not later than the cutoff time above
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be welcome to a meeting under the protection of the Governing Council of the University.
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State
Job date: Thu, 20 May 2021 00:26:15 GMT