Job title: Trailer Driver Job at Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited
Company: Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited
Job description: Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited is completely possessed auxiliary put by Sinoma Cargo in Nigeria, established in June 2016, situated in Nigeria, Lagos. Sinoma Cargo is the primary branch set up in West Africa during the time spent executing globalization strategy.
Currently, Sinoma Cargo has gotten the leeway capability and gives abroad warehousing and distribution administrations, furnished with 40 ordinary trailers and 10 tow-beds, Sinoma Cargo Nigeria can convey general cargoes, hefty lifts, curiously large merchandise and self-possessed custom house representative has been set up also. There are 12 Chinese workers and 100 local representatives at present
We are enrolling to fill the position of:
Job Position: Trailer Driver
Job Location: Lagos
- Trailer drivers transport a scope of materials, product, or hardware utilizing rock solid vehicles. They frequently drive for significant stretches, doing significant distance conveyances, acclimating to driving conditions properly and safely.
- Trailer drivers perform undertakings like stacking and dumping materials or product, getting ready conveyance papers, and tracking their day by day tasks.
- Most trailer drivers work all day; government guidelines limit the quantity of hours they can work in one period to 14 hours, with a limit of 11 hours driving, prior to needing at any rate a 10-hour break.
- People who can follow security guidelines, appreciate working freely, and love driving significant distances are fit to this work.
Duties and Responsibilities
Trailer drivers’ assignments can differ contingent upon the sort of organization they work for. In view of occupation postings we examined, trailer drivers’ center obligations commonly involve:
Driving Long Distances:
- Trailer drivers transport various sorts of products, from materials and hardware to livestock.
- They drive significant distances, moving the truck into dumping and stacking positions along the way.
- They observe pertinent traffic and driving laws, remaining mindful of and announcing any occurrences on the road.
- Trailer drivers need to guarantee that any freight they’re moving is completely gotten to the trailer, utilizing blocks, chains, covers, or ropes.
- They need to guarantee that transportation meets wellbeing consistence and regulations.
Maintaining a Record of Hours:
- Trailer drivers do different conveyances over the span of the day, keeping a record of each of these, alongside their functioning hours be cross-referred to if issues emerge later on, just as for consistence with government and state regulations.
- Trailer drivers report mechanical issues or issues with a conveyance to their line chief, guaranteeing an exhaustive log of the issue is saved for future records.
Keeping Trailer Equipment in Working Order:
- Trailer drivers keep their trucks and the gear they work with ready to rock ‘n roll and tidy.
- They review the trailer after each outing and record surrenders they find.
Skills and Qualifications
Typically, businesses require a High School Diploma, a spotless and substantial driver’s permit, and a CDL capability, just as the accompanying capacities:
- Safety consistence – to consent to wellbeing and wellbeing guidelines, trailer drivers screen security necessities, guaranteeing that methodology are followed so as not to imperil themselves as well as other people through imprudent driving
- Physical wellbeing – bureaucratic guidelines request that drivers be in great shape without ailments that could influence their capacity to drive, for example, epilepsy or high blood pressure
- Hand-eye coordination – to react rapidly to circumstances in the event of a mishap or episode on the road
- Hearing and visual capacities – to meet guideline prerequisites, trailer drivers need to finish hearing and vision assessments to guarantee that it’s safe for them to be driving long distances
- Time the board – to deal with their time viably, focus on assignments, and plan courses to remain on schedule
- Trailer Driver Education and Training.
- The least necessity to turn into a trailer driver is a High School Diploma, alongside a legitimate driver’s permit. Managers likewise expect drivers to have a business driver’s permit (CDL).
- The capabilities for getting a CDL fluctuate by state, however the test normally incorporates finishing an information assessment and a driving test. Trailer drivers can go to truck driving school to acquire the abilities they need for this job.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants ought to send their CV to: utilizing the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Job date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 03:09:02 GMT