Job title: Senior Principal Global Practice Manager, Local Governance And Decentralization At Development Alternatives Incorporated (dai) – Abuja and Lagos
Job description: Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is a worldwide improvement organization. For over 45 years, we have chipped away at the bleeding edges of worldwide turn of events, handling essential social and monetary improvement issues brought about by wasteful business sectors, ineffectual administration, and shakiness. At present, DAI is conveying results that matter in exactly 80 countries.
Our improvement arrangements transform thoughts into sway by uniting new blends of aptitude and advancement across numerous controls. Our customers incorporate worldwide improvement organizations, global loaning foundations, private partnerships and philanthropies, and public governments.
We are selecting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Principal Global Practice Manager, Local Governance and Decentralization
Job Code: 6136
Locations: Abuja (FCT) and Lagos
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Governance Sector
Reports to: Sector Vice President (or delegate)
Function of the Position
- This is a full-time, Practice Manager position to assume control over a current Practice zeroed in on subnational administration, including supporting decentralization strategies and cycles; constructing the useful limit of neighborhood government authorities and establishments, for example, in human asset the executives, public monetary administration, raising own-source income, conveying fundamental administrations; and working with resident and government engagement.
- The Practice Manager is:
- Responsible for proceeding to fabricate DAI’s extensive pipeline of “new business” (following, planning, leading examination, serious situating, lead/support composing identified with demand for recommendations/assistance).
- Ensuring that ventures inside the nearby administration portfolio are conveying commendable outcomes through broad oversight and straightforwardly charged specialized assignments
- Providing thoroughly considered initiative collecting and spreading exercises learned, contextual investigations and advertising materials, and partaking in industry occasions, that catch DAI’s coordinated methodologies and best practices.
- The Practice Manager for Decentralization and Local Governance reports to the Vice President for Governance and Education and works cooperatively with different practices in USG areas and districts, and with other DAI specialty units. Administration remembers different specializations for Public Financial Management, Institutional Reform (public) and Citizen Security. DAI’s Governance Sector sits inside the US Government (USG) Development Innovations Group, a group that interfaces activities and specialized ability, and houses and develops DAI’s aggregated insight and best practices across all USG markets.
- The USG Development Innovations Group has three areas: Economic Growth, Governance and Education, and Environment, and incorporates USG’s new business. These areas support districts (Africa, Asia, Middle East/Afghanistan, Global – Europe and Latin America) who give everyday managerial task the executives and proposition management.
Roles and Responsibilities
Continue to Grow DAI’s Business in Decentralization and Local Governance:
- Develop yearly Practice-based business improvement plans for building DAI’s arrangement of subnational administration projects. Expand on a significant arrangement of 12 ventures, alongside an impressive pipeline of close to medium term opportunities.
- Coordinate Practice plans and approaches with rehearses in other specialized areas to catch openings for reconciliation across specialized regions, guarantee cooperation, and adjust new business resources.
- Meet yearly new business targets (all out Gross Profit Won) for training related projects.
- Optimally oversee Practice staff and advisors to help DAI win proposals
- Provide Practice updates to another business tracker and guarantee openings are advancing related to Sector VP and Opportunity Manager.
- Manage Practice staff to lead and add to great recommendations, give oversight of champions chipping away at offers, direct quality control/quality affirmation by taking part in pink/red groups as fundamental, and help with composing and additionally incorporating proposition as per DAI standards.
- Serve as champion as well as lead essayist on offers, take part in hatcheries to guarantee superior grade and development, and add to joining and faculty choices made by bid champions to guarantee soundness
Management of Practice Staff:
- Manage a group of something like three full-time mid to senior level staff, and other low maintenance experts who support the advancement of in fact brilliant recommendations, top notch help to undertakings, and advertising and information the executives materials that reflect and catch DAI’s field experience.
- Achieve Practice-explicit focuses for net benefit won, direct work, circuitous work, expenses, and in general utilization.
- Conduct customary one-on-one discussions (iteratively, however officially at the very least quarterly) with direct reports to give noteworthy input (both your own and what you request from matrixed groups or activities) on current work and behaviors.
- Identify proficient turn of events and stretch freedoms to help direct reports’ vocation aspirations.
- Support direct reports’ administration of their time distribution, especially when there are potential usage clashes across practices, areas, and additionally Business Units.
- Coach (in-the-second and officially) for execution improvement to divert practices and for progress on new assignments.
Ensure Technical Excellence in Project Implementation:
- Work with DAI’s four provincial Delivery Units to guarantee projects in the Practice portfolio (or that sit somewhere else yet which have area related segments) are conveying excellent, on-time expectations, meeting or surpassing their legally binding targets and improvement objectives.
- Work with districts to guarantee that customer appraisals for specialized and administrative execution of tasks inside the Practice domain are exceptional.
- Provide vital and strategic direction to project HO and field groups on the best way to stay away from and when vital correct execution challenges.
- Participate in the specialized authority and administrations given by the Practice to projects, new business tries and other inside and remotely confronting initiatives.
- Engage with COPs and task groups to recognize, adjust, and refine advances, devices, arrangements, and approaches that advance the undertaking’s objectives. These arrangements might be both specialized and operational.
- Support projects as mentioned by USG local Delivery Units to guarantee specialized greatness in conveyance of results as per customer expectations.
- Participate in cross-area, cross-practice and cross-specialty unit drives that cultivate and construct DAI’s specialized authority or advance interaction upgrades across teams.
- Undertake momentary specialized tasks for projects including preparing, top notch specialized reports, evaluations, proposals and different expectations as requested.
Facilitate Thought Leadership and Outreach:
- Work intimately with different Practices, specialized Sectors and territorial Delivery Units to foster an idea administration plan for nearby and metropolitan administration that coordinates DAI’s field insight and best thoughts and capacities to situate DAI for impending offers and longer-term market positioning.
- Enhancing DAI’s image to USAID, and other US government customers working together with the Sector Vice President. The Practice Manager will administer the improvement of content for inner and outside distributions and correspondences including sites, articles, reports, recordings, introductions and other multi-media structures, and inward business improvement assets directed by the requirements and difficulties of our chief USG customers, while likewise catching the best of One DAI.
- Share and present other DAI information/learning items at advancement and customer meetings, workshops, and by means of distributions or potentially on-line forums.
- Work intimately with other USG units, DAI/Europe, and other specialty units to catch specialized accomplishments, exercises learned, and best practices in diary articles, white papers, and examinations to expand on and advance DAI’s standing as a suspected innovator in this specialized area.
- Additional obligations might be alloted as business needs evolve.
- Grade 13: Minimum of 17 years pertinent work insight and a Bachelor’s certificate, or 15 years applicable work insight and a Master’s degree.
- At least 15 years of involvement working in/with non-industrial nations and ideally driving and overseeing programs that convey specialized aptitude and backing in for decentralization, nearby/metropolitan administration, as well as neighborhood administration conveyance (wellbeing, instruction, WASH).
- Experience working with USAID and other worldwide givers at a senior initiative level, with a blend of base camp and field insight as DCOP or COP preferred.
- Must have profoundly evolved relational, group assistance, and show abilities, and an exhibited history of persuading and overseeing groups to excel.
- Proven authority in proposition improvement and related promoting items and services.
- Excellent composing and relational abilities and showed experience composing solid specialized substance (recommendations, assessments, methodology archives, specialized introductions) for USAID or other clients.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead groups for winning new business and conveying brilliant outcomes to clients.
- Ability to head out to all nations where DAI executes its tasks, excepting times when DAI Global security has consider