Job title: Senior Officer, Communications At The International Federation Of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies (ifrc)
Job description: The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is the world’s biggest compassionate organization and is directed by seven Fundamental Principles: Humanity, unprejudiced nature, lack of bias, freedom, deliberate help, all inclusiveness and unity.
We are selecting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Officer, Communications
Vacancy No: S00554
Location: West Africa Country Cluster, Abuja
Duration: 6 months
Category of Staff: National
Grade: Not applicable
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s biggest philanthropic association, with an organization of 192-part National Societies.
- The generally speaking point of the IFRC is “to motivate, support, work with, and advance consistently all types of philanthropic exercises by National Societies with the end goal of forestalling and lightening human misery and in this way adding to the upkeep and advancement of human pride and harmony in the world.”
- The IFRC attempts to address the issues and work on the existences of weak individuals previously, during and after fiascos, wellbeing crises and other crises.
- The IFRC is essential for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent (Movement), along with its part National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
- The work of the IFRC is directed by the accompanying central standards: mankind, fairness, impartiality, autonomy, intentional assistance, solidarity, and comprehensiveness. The IFRC is driven by its Secretary General, and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The Headquarters are coordinated into three fundamental Divisions:
- National Society Development and Operations Coordination;
- Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization; and
- Management Policy, Strategy and Corporate Services.
- The IFRC has five local workplaces in Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and the Americas.
- The IFRC likewise has country group assignment and country appointments all through the world. Together, the Geneva Headquarters and the field structure (territorial, group and nation) involve the IFRC Secretariat. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, in its obligation to construct solid National Societies and to help increasing of National Societies’ administrations to the most weak populaces, is set up in Nigeria since 2013.
- The NS/IFRC did a few requirements and limit appraisal somewhat recently. Because of the breaking down circumstance, an EA was finished. The Emergency Appeal tries to help Nigeria Red Cross Society (NRCS) to convey philanthropic help to 200,000 individuals (33,000 families) more than year and a half to address the ebb and flow hunger emergency in the Northwest and North Central provinces of Nigeria.
- The activity will zero in on: Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Livelihood and Basic Needs, Health and Nutrition, Psychosocial Support, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Protection, Gender and Inclusion (PGI and National Society Development.
- This game plan is relied upon to be executed until the finish of 2022. The administration of this activity and the execution of these exercises requires the enlistment of a Senior Communication Officer.
The Senior Communication Officer will:
- Develop standard and quality correspondence materials identified with the Nigeria tasks (composed and video).
- Ensure the compelling correspondence of the IFRC/NRCS tasks in different medio channels.
- Assist pamphlets composing and visual materials.
- Support the National Societies and IFRC in conveying during crises, to foster further, more assorted and inventive key associations which could prompt multiyear topical funding
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Develop, arrange and carry out correspondence plans for West Africa that help automatic and strategy needs and lines up with local interchanges needs and drives:
- For every crisis activity or backing opportunity, foster a brief however clear correspondence plan featuring the correspondence targets, the crowds, apparatuses and expectations, among other items.
- Evaluate the achievement pace of each correspondence plan through media checking and web-based media analytics.
Strengthen the organization of National Societies’ interchanges central focuses in the bunch:
- Conduct a planning of capabilities and skills in correspondence in the sub-region
- Recommend and execute key intercessions to address the recognized necessities and challenges
- Update the information base of interchanges central focuses and guarantee a consistent commitment through online stages, phone and where conceivable through eye to eye meetings
- Support the National Society in distinguishing key philanthropic issues to be addressed to the general population, media and benefactors on the circumstance on the ground and the compassionate response
Write stories profiling the accomplishments of National Societies, with an emphasis on the effect on singular lives:
- Increase the recurrence of stories distributed on the hierarchical web-based media and other online platforms.
- Improve the nature of narrating: zeroing in on individuals focused stories
- Use proof based way to deal with grandstand the effect of the work on National Societies and IFRC.
- Facilitate National Society and IFRC in pitching media stories and expertly taking care of media requests with broadcast, print and online media/social media.
- Work intimately with the IFRC group to create raw numbers, key messages, receptive lines and advance distinctive IM products.
Support crisis correspondence and work on the execution of the crisis correspondence fast sending system:
- In cooperation with the provincial and worldwide groups, recognize and propose proactive and convenient media openings, pointed situating IFRC as a main helpful actor.
- Establish fast contact with the National Societies influenced by catastrophes, to guarantee quick correspondences, on the web and in the media, with a definitive objective of being in front of other philanthropic associations. Compose stories and meetings during crises and give essential general media material
- Draft correspondence loads with key material (raw numbers, key messages, official statements etc).
- Liaise with Africa provincial DREF officer(s) and territorial interchanges chief to distinguish DREFs to give perceivability to; circle back to influenced National Society for perceivability materials.
- In cooperation with the National Society, work on promotion messages to resolve the various issues connected to the current operation.
- Monitor news and give a news digest on a day by day basis.
- Identify any issues that influence the association’s reputation.
- Maintain and update the media directory.
- Stay in contact with a significant local media house.
- Pitch stories and secure meetings from key media outlets.
- Maintain a data set of photographers.
Operate as an individual from IFRC’s Regional Communications Team to progress corporate interchanges needs and backing a planned corporate way to deal with correspondences:
- Join normal local correspondence publication gatherings, to examine likely stories in the group, which have a global appeal.
- Join online joint effort and article stages for trade about themes identified with interchanges, just as for data and content sharing.
- Relevant University Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or International Policies.
- Master of Arts in Communication Science.
- At least 5 years of involvement functioning as writer/press official or potentially Communications/Policy Officer.
- Experience in overseeing interchanges issues in perplexing and fragile situations.
- Experience in building media contacts.
- Experience in crisis response.
- RC/RC experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Languages:
- Self-supporting in computers.
- Knowledge of web-based media and related trends.
- Knowledge of compassionate affairs.
- Ability to haggle with differing partners.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Good scientific skills.
- Good information on the functional setting and area.
- Flexibility and capacity to go in the activity’s areas.
- Fluent in composed and communicated in English is required.
- Fluent in composed and communicated in French is preferred.
Competencies and Values:
- National Society relations.
- Communication – Teamwork.
- Professionalism – Integrity – Diversity.
- Judgement – Decision – making.
- Results center and accountability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified up-and-comers ought to:
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 03:57:43 GMT