Job title: Security Specialist, Nigeria Monitoring Projection, Maiduguri, Nigeria
Job description: Security Specialist,
Nigeria Monitoring Projection,
The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Projection (NMP) is to constitute a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for BHA programs in Nigeria that will growth BHA and their partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, character, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects.
**Please notation: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this place**
The Security Specialist will deal all facility, vehicle, and personnel security and security functions in back up of the NMP Maiduguri regional business office and all associated field monitoring and verification activities. This place may require regular locomote throughout the Northeast Nigerian states. This place will be based full-time in the NMP Regional Business office in Maiduguri and will work under the direct supervision of the Deputy Primary of Political party.
- Assess regional communications requirements and needs
- Ensure the availability of appropriate communications engineering
- Orient all staff to emergency communication procedures and engineering
- Test the emergency communication system regularly, analyze results, and create revisions
- Maintain an updated emergency communication contact listing
- Develop and maintain liaison with law, authorities agencies, local authorities, local leadership, and other stakeholders within Northeast regional municipalities
- Constitute a methodology for monitoring, assessing, and reporting security/safety-related information that impacts NMP projection staff, operations, information, and plans
- Physical process all required security clearances for regional/area locomote and habitation
- Harmonize plans with the NMP Field Coordinator to rail NMP staff movements
- Develop and disseminate regular, up-to-date Security State of affairs briefs to all NMP staff
- Conduct regular security surveys of business office and nearby residential areas
- Prepare and maintain updated security grooming materials and ensure that all regional staff have appropriate security orientations within the firstly days of occupation/arrival
- Collaborate with the Field Coordinator to place assigned activity locations
- Conduct remote reconnaissance, route analysis, and threat assessments for all locomote to planned M&V activity sites
- Maintain the NMP “Security Choice Back up Matrix” to formalize a physical process for confronting security and security challenges
- Develop and promote projection related plans and other plans as directed
- Supervise the regular tasks and schedules for security guards and drivers
- Conduct regular security and security grooming with projection staff and consultants
- Maintain a working human relationship with the USAID Partner Liaison Security Business office (PLSO)
- Develop new security and security measure operating procedures as needed
- Develop and implement COVID-19 mitigation protocols
- Finish Field Deployment checks to prepare, coordinate and debrief all NMP staff field movements
- Bachelor’s level in Security Direction or related field required
- At minimum 5 years of relevant experience working in other international projects in Nigeria
- Demonstrated understanding of security issues in Due north East (NE) Nigeria, including local clash dynamics, physical security, the role of local security forces, and security and security best practices
- Relevant experience in assessing risk, crisis direction, information gathering and analysis, grooming big groups of staff on security/security in the field, required
- Experience working with an International NGO and/or USAID implementing partner in NE Nigeria is required
- Power to locomote to local and remote sites in NE Nigeria, as needed
- Demonstrated power to collaborate with supported subcontractors and staff
- Familiarity with United Nations Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS) air motion requirements and protocols
- Fluent English Required
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Fair Accommodations: MSI is committed to hiring an inclusive workforce. Whether you would similar to asking fair accommodations during the application physical process, please email with “Fair Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment squad looks forward to engaging in an interactive physical process to supply fair accommodations for candidates.
Please submit an application by no later than June 11, 2021.
Job date: Sat, 29 May 2021 22:42:38 GMT