Job title: Security Directors At Fhi 360 – Abuja and Borno
Job description: FHI 360 is a not-for-profit human advancement association committed to improving lives in enduring manners by progressing incorporated, privately determined arrangements. Our staff remembers specialists for wellbeing, instruction, sustenance, climate, monetary turn of events, common society, sex, youth, exploration and innovation – making an extraordinary blend of abilities to address the present interrelated improvement challenges. FHI 360 serves in excess of 70 nations and all U.S. states and territories.
We are enrolling to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Director
Locations: Abuja and Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
- Working intimately with the Nigeria Country Director and FHI360 Headquarters Global Security Department, the position holder will fill an influential position over a developing security group in Nigeria.
- Through security organizing, the lead of hazard appraisals, security evaluations, and the turn of events and execution of countrywide security and crisis designs, the Security Manager will uphold a few hundred FHI360 representatives in each state in Nigeria whose exercises include both turn of events and helpful work in various sectors.
- This obligation station has been assigned as high danger or outrageous danger and represents an elevated danger or direct danger to individual wellbeing. Candidates should investigate this area and the related dangers prior to presenting an application.
Conduct country/locale Security Risk Assessments to decide hazard levels for work force and activities.
- Develop a bunch of strategies – yearly Country Security and Emergency Action Plans – in accordance with FHI360 authoritative arrangement which incorporate least security rules and conventions for Nigeria.
- Support the activities and oversight of a Security Management Team and intently prompt the Country Director and Headquarters Global Security on security circumstances in Nigeria.
- Supervise subordinate safety faculty to incorporate (1) Regional Security Coordinator, (~3) Security Officers and up to (~30) Security Focal Points.
- Establish and support close working associations with administrators and field-based staff to trade security data and give advice.
- Liaise intently accomplice association and auxiliary associations’ safety faculty to give understanding, direction, and support.
- Ensure the full execution and requirement of these security guidelines.
- Supervise the specialized parts of the honor and oversight of the gatekeeper power agreement to guarantee administration quality.
- Supervise lead of office and private security studies; suggest suitable measures for FHI360-possessed and oversaw property.
- Collect, group and dissect security danger information.
- Provide ideal circumstance evaluations and suggestions for activity during security incidents.
- Prepare day by day and week after week security reports covering huge security-related occurrences and give investigation of what every occasion means for the general wellbeing and security of faculty and operations.
- Prepare and convey security briefings for developments all through the region
- Prepare security reports to refresh work force on significant security advancements and their likely effect on operations.
- Establish useful contact with security divisions at other INGOs, UN, discretionary missions, USAID’s Partner Liaison Security Operations (PLSO) and merchant security data providers.
- Contribute security plans and expenses to new project proposition, keeping up security inclusion in all continuous and imminent FHI360 tasks in Nigeria.
- Collect and facilitate security data, lead operational-level examination, and spread data and direction by means of excess correspondence channels to key recipients.
- Organize security, medical aid, fire, HEAT, and other crisis trainings and penetrates just as security briefings for approaching staff and experts. Guarantee staff status, strength, and adherence to security policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree or global comparable in Criminal Justice, Homeland Security, Security Administration or related field.
- Typically requires 8+ long periods of safety experience in corporate or government associations or military resource assurance programs.
- Demonstrated experience with executing security methodologies, approaches, systems and standards.
- Demonstrated experience with hazard the board and agreement and merchant negotiations.
- Articulate, expert and ready to impart in an unmistakable, positive way with customers and staff.
- Prior work in a non-legislative association (NGO)
- At least five years’ INGO or other Humanitarian security experience, ideally with an enormous (200+) activity, straightforwardly identified with West Africa.
- Extensive authority, preparing, and administrative experience
- Field work in “outrageous danger” zones.
- Strong client support center and capacity to assemble and keep up confiding in customer connections in a multicultural environment.
- Work beneficially in a little group climate just as individually.
- Demonstrated information on security investigation, hazard appraisals, actual security arranging and evaluations, and security tasks and planning.
- Fluent English speaker with unrivaled spoken and composed interchanges; up-and-comer should be open to talking before huge audiences
- Comfortable in working in a high pressure climate requiring short cutoff times and have the option to give contemplated and quick exhortation and help during crises with next to zero supervision.
- Availability to chip away at crisis circumstances during off-hours; if essential, for an all-encompassing time of time.
- Willing to embrace homegrown and provincial travel 40% – half of the time.
- Preferred, Some information on nearby Nigerian dialects/dialects.
- Thorough comprehension of VHF radio use.
Typical Physical Demands
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend extended periods of time seeing PC screen and accomplishing redundant work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and represent stretched out times of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (for example Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email), office phone, cell and printer/copier.
- VHF handheld radios
This work posting sums up the primary obligations of the work. It neither recommends nor limits the specific errands that might be appointed to complete these obligations. This archive ought not be interpreted at all to address an agreement of business. The board maintains whatever authority is needed to survey and update this archive at any time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified competitors ought to:
Location: Borno – Abuja, FCT
Job date: Sat, 01 May 2021 04:18:09 GMT