Danish Refugee Council
Job title: Roving Protection Specialist
Company: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish worldwide non-administrative association, which advances and supports tough answers for the issues looked by exiles and inside uprooted individuals everywhere. DRC is available in excess of 30 clash domains all throughout the planet helping uprooted individuals with cover, food, pay creating exercises, and wide scope of other help. It is of most extreme significance for DRC to work in consistence with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management framework and public enactments. Smooth, solid and viable functional frameworks are preconditions for DRC to keep up with its situation as a dependable and solid accomplice for our benefactors and a responsible association towards our beneficiaries.
DRC has been working in the West Africa area for more than 15 years, running a mix of crisis, business, insurance and support programs through Country Offices (COs) in Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria and a Regional Office (RO) in Abidjan. DRC has 17 workplaces and in excess of 500 staff individuals across the WA region.
DRC began working in Nigeria in 2015 where intends to run a mix of crisis, job, WASH, assurance and backing programs has been set. DRC right now has workplaces in Abuja, Yola, Mubi, Maiduguri and Yobe, other than 50 staff individuals subject to increment in close to future.
DRC is looking for the administrations of a submitted and skilled ROVING PROTECTION SPECIALIST to join the DRC North East Nigeria. The Protection Specialist will uphold in the execution, quality control, and coordination of Danish displaced person Council (DRC) Protection exercises in North East Nigeria. The Protection Specialist will be important for the Protection group and will work under the direction and oversight of Protection Manager. She/he will be situated in Maiduguri. Insurance exercises in Nigeria are centered around: singular security help and case the executives, assurance observing, psychosocial exercises, local area based security, limit building and refinement. Assurance is mainstreamed all through any remaining system regions (Food security, Livelihoods, WASH and Shelter) and is a vital segment in program design.
The fundamental obligations and obligations will incorporate however not restricted to:
Program the board and execution
- Follow up on the execution of task exercises at the field level, including suitable documentation and the executives of insurance cases (recorded episodes), insurance concern and case the executives structures, IPA, and action reports.
- Ensure that the recipient choice measures is appropriately implemented.
- Ensure reference pathways are refreshed and are being utilized.
- Compile month to month benefactor covers project exercises on a convenient way and offer with the Protection Manager.
- Provide involved trainings, instructing, coaching to security staff, guaranteeing clearness on security devices and standards.
- Ensure that an insurance hazard investigation is set up and continually updated.
- Identify key backing messages and advance scattering of these inside the functional context.
Program Development and Quality
- Undertake normal on location visits to screen the nature of action execution at the LGA-even out and offer specialized help to the assurance associates and officers.
- Support in fostering DRC’s Protection Framework/activity plan for North East Nigeria and give specialized help to carry it out, in a joint effort with the Protection Manager and the Regional Protection Coordinator;
- Conduct assurance mainstreaming trainings and partake in NFI/Cash/WASH circulations at the field areas on a requirements basis.
- Identify holes and openings for additional programming, support needs appraisals and hole examinations, and add to recommendations and other program improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that the insurance hazard investigation for North East Nigeria is continually updated.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Support arranging and guarantee that exercises are carried out as per project destinations, work plan and budget.
- Analyze and assemble insurance checking report from the group chiefs and liaise with the Protection Manager.
- Collaborate and Coordinate with M&E group to guarantee observing exercises are mainstreamed with security and guarantee assurance of weak gatherings while gathering fitting and exact information in insurance outcomes.
- Ensure insurance groups are keep up with project information sticking to the best expectations of information security and confidentiality.
Coordination and Representation
- In coordination with the Protection Manager, take part in the Protection Sector working gathering, other assurance working gathering gatherings and with pertinent line Ministries and stakeholders.
- Stay side by side of advancements in the assurance climate in Northeast Nigeria and give opportune examination on major questions on a customary basis.
The obligations recorded in the JD are not comprehensive and might be rearranged by functional necessities yet will stay in accordance with the general reason for the role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, International Relations, Psychology/Counseling, Social work, Social Sciences, or applicable comparable disciplines.
- More than 5 years’ work insight in a compassionate association/with dislodging influenced populaces on insurance programming,
- Project Management skills
- Excellent relational abilities (oral and composing). Proficient familiarity with English and Hausa
- Self-spurred people, ready to step up and propose arrangements, tough, positive, and ready to work independently.
- Computer skills
- Budget the executives skills
- Other neighborhood dialects spoken in North East Nigerian states
Salary and conditions: In agreement with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. The pay will be dependent upon legal allowances according to relevant Nigeria laws. The worker is liable for the expense returns.
How to apply
The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.
- CV and Cover Letter demonstrating and disclosing the appropriateness to the position applied.
- Provide contact subtleties (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 expert non-related references, while 1 should be for the most recent boss. Kindly don’t join any composed recommendations.
- Applications ought to be addressed to: “the Recruitment Manager”
- Are you intrigued? Then, at that point go after this job on line: www.drc.dk/about-drc/opening/current-opportunities. All candidates should send an introductory letter and a refreshed CV (no longer than four pages). Both should be in English.
- Only propelled applications that address the specified obligations and meet the necessary capabilities, sent along with a CV, will be thought of. CV-just applications won’t be considered.
Deadline date: thirteenth August 2021
Applications sent/got after the cutoff time won’t be thought of.
- Only short-recorded candidates will be welcomed for composed test and oral interview.
NB: DRC-DDG Nigeria doesn’t charge any expenses for enrollment and doesn’t utilize any work mediator.
For general data about the Danish Refugee Council, kindly counsel:
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Job date: Sun, 01 Aug 2021 02:22:51 GMT