Job title: Roving NTS/EORE Specialist
Company: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: Introduction
The Danish Refugee Council helps exiles and inside uprooted people across the globe: we give crisis help, battle for their privileges, and fortify their chance for a more promising time to come. We work in struggle influenced territories, along the uprooting courses, and in the nations where outcasts settle. In participation with nearby networks, we make progress toward mindful and practical arrangements. We run after effective incorporation and – at whatever point conceivable – for the satisfaction of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was established in Denmark in 1956 and has since developed to turn into a global philanthropic association with in excess of 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Situated in Copenhagen (Denmark) and present in forty nations, the Danish Refugee Council is a non-benefit making, politically free, non-legislative and non-denominational help organization.
Our vision is an honorable life for all dislodged. Every one of our endeavors depend on our worth compass: mankind, regard, freedom and impartiality, investment, and trustworthiness and straightforwardness. * Background
Danish Refugee Council (DRC), and its Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding specialized unit – the Danish Demining Group (DDG), has had an operational presence in Nigeria since 2015. DRC Nigeria is the biggest DRC country mission in the West Africa district and one of the biggest DRC country missions universally. At present, DRC conveys life-saving help and insurance to powerless, struggle influenced populaces including inside uprooted people, returnees and have networks in the space of furnished viciousness decrease, philanthropic mine activity, vocations, nourishment and food security, assurance, cover and non-food things (NFI) and water, disinfection and cleanliness (WASH) in 30+ Local Government Areas (LGAs) across Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states in upper east Nigeria.
The DRC Nigeria is hoping to enroll an accomplished, profoundly qualified and energetic expert to join our incredible NTS – EORE group in Nigeria.
This job is a critical accomplice to the NTS/CL Coordinator part to guarantee the utilization of the necessary methods and specialized abilities in the execution of the NTS and EORE exercises through successive field visit and quality confirmation. Give ideal reports including restorative measures to the NTS/CL Coordinator. The job remembers customary goes to handle areas for Nigeria following a need evaluation directed by the NTS/CL Coordinator and the supervisors. The job additionally adds to the advancement of country techniques which are converted right into it plans and everyday tasks.
This position is a specialized one, requiring a reliable past encounter in a comparable position. This position likewise requires strong information in NTS – EORE and shielding. This position likewise requires a full proficient capability in English language. * Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the NTS/CL Coordinator in the arranging and coordination of NTS/EORE activities.
- Assist the NTS/CL Coordinator in the arranging and execution of preparing for the NTS/EORE staff.
- Provide month to month quality administration plan in accordance with the month to month work plan put together by the Team Leaders.
- Carry out customary field visits and direct quality affirmation of the NTS/EORE activities.
- Implement the quality confirmation/quality control in consistence with important SOPs and guidelines.
- Encourage change and improvement in execution and quality.
- Identify needs for preparing and limit working of NTS/EORE groups and offer with NTS/CL Coordinator.
- Contribute to the revision of HDP area specialized SOPs when required.
- Understand and follow all wellbeing SOPs in DRC Nigeria and convey any change on the security circumstance to the NTS/CL Coordinator and DRC Safety unit.
- Establish and keep up working relations with NTS/EORE Teams, neighborhood specialists, and networks of intervention.
- Establish working relations and standard interchanges with security partners (police, military, common guard, vigilantes) in Adamawa and Borno States.
- Carry out some other errands needed by the NTS/CL Coordinator.
- Certificate/Accreditation of cooperation in a Non-Technical Survey Training by a perceived INGO.
- Certificate/Accreditation of investment in an Explosive Ordnance Risk Education/EORE (or comparable) preparing by a perceived INGO.
- Knowledge of nearby networks; real occupants of these spaces are preferred.
- Ability to oversee and dissect touchy and classified information.
- Previous experience in directing meetings and surveys.
- At Least 4 years of demonstrated past experience in EORE and NTS.
- Basic information in IM/GIS.
- Abilities utilizing new advances and APPs to accumulate information.
- Excellent arranging and hierarchical skills.
- Excellent communicational skills.
- Excellent capacity to work in team.
- At least long term of demonstrated past experience as NTS/EORE Team Leader.
- Excellent correspondence is an asset.
- Excellent Computer skills.
- Fluency in Hausa and Kanuri.
- Required Qualifications
- University degree in sociology or tertiary schooling in some other pertinent field will be a recommendation.
- Knowledge and experience working with significant sectorial territories carried out by DRC Nigeria programs – including insurance, food security, WASH, cover, NFIs, mine activity, mine danger instruction, and furnished viciousness reduction
- Experience and ability to work in the field in unpredictable and shaky areas;
- Experience living and working in a culturally diverse, multi-area, group environment
- Ability to function admirably under tension and in unfriendly conditions;
- Demonstrated responsibility and exacting adherence to confidentiality
- Effective relational abilities (composed and verbal);
- Proficiency in like manner PC bundles for example Word, Excel, Power point etc
- Application Process
Are you intrigued? At that point go after this job on line: www.drc.dk/about-drc/opportunities/current-opening. All candidates should send an introductory letter and a refreshed CV (no longer than four pages). Both should be in English.
DRC gives equivalent freedom in work and forbids separation in work based on race, sex, shading, religion, sexual direction, age, conjugal status or disability.
DRC urges all candidates to apply and doesn’t rehearse any segregation in any enlistment process.
Applications close on the 02nd of June 2021 at 12 PM (GMT-time). Applications submitted after this date won’t be considered.
Due to the desperation of the position, DRC has the option to enlist a competitor who coordinates with the necessary profile before the above cutoff time.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Job date: Thu, 27 May 2021 22:05:49 GMT