Job title: Psychosocial Social Support Officer
Company: International Rescue Committee
Job description: The International Rescue Committee reacts to the world’s most noticeably awful compassionate emergencies and assists individuals with enduring and revamp their lives. Established in 1933 in line with Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving consideration and groundbreaking help to outcasts compelled to escape from war or catastrophe. At work today in excess of 40 nations and in 22 U.S. urban areas, IRC reestablishes wellbeing, poise and desire to millions who are evacuated by struggle or debacle. IRC drives the route from mischief to home.
The IRC has been available in Nigeria since 2012 when the association reacted to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014 the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to give helpful mediations through a multi-sectoral, incorporated methodology for struggle influenced populaces. IRC Nigeria presently works a country office in Abuja and field workplaces in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Bama, Maiduguri, Gwoza and Monguno of Borno state and Damatru of Yobe State. At present, IRC Nigeria carries out programs; essential medical services, nourishment, ecological wellbeing, Women’s Protection and Empowerment, Protection, Child Protection, Education, food security and livelihoods.
Under the administration of the Program chief The Yobe WPE Psychosocial Officer will arranges with WPE Case Workers in reacting to the psychosocial needs of GBV survivors and backing local area refinement exertion that forestall and react to all types of GBV in Yobe State. The Psychosocial Officer surveys and plans reaction system that address the issues of ladies and youngsters who are influenced by GBV. She will offer specialized help to juvenile young lady’s colleague and guarantee that the Girl Shine Curriculum is executed accordingly
- In cooperation with WPE Case laborers, recognize psychosocial necessities of ladies and young ladies and offer data with WPE Manager to help these needs.
- Work with WPE Case Workers to guarantee that survivors’ cases are followed-up and survivors choices and wellbeing are focused on for successful help delivery
- Work intimately with GBVIMS Officer to catch survivors’ data in the information base and use report to advocate for material and psychosocial support for in danger ladies and girls.
- In joint effort with WPE Case Workers, create and reconsider work plan that incorporates rundown of things and spending plan expected to meet the psychosocial needs of ladies and young ladies getting to the WGSS.
- Ensure an improve administrations conveyance on PSS at the places of refuge working with the local area and working group
- Conduct limit building preparing on Psychosocial support administrations with GBV accomplices and different areas inside IRC.
- Take the lead in the execution of the Women Rise Curriculum in Yobe State.
- Provide specialized help to the ladies’ organization and other ladies’ gathering at the WGSS.
Planning and Coordination:
- In cooperation with local area outreach group, help and backing local area preparation and refinement featuring the significance of psychosocial backing to overcomers of GBV.
- Take lead in the limit working of juvenile young ladies guides on Girl Shine Curriculum
- Coordinate with pertinent accomplices and create psychosocial procedures that address various issues of ladies and young ladies. Promoter with different accomplices for GBV survivors
- Conduct FGD with guardians/parental figures of young adult young ladies that have profited by our program on the effect made .
- Represent the IRC WPE in local gathering as required and keep up sure relationship with Community pioneers, Local people group designs and gatherings at different levels.
- Provide normal update on the psychosocial support exercises led at the WGSS.
Other obligations and responsibilities
- Attend and take part in customary group meetings
- facilitate PSS trainings and go to trainings as required
- Compile and submit week after week and month to month investigates convenient manner
- Participate in the improvement of obtainment and spending plans and work intends to guarantee the fruitful execution of projects and add to program proposition development.
- Ensure supplies/assets for GBV counteraction exercises and other program exercises are mentioned on an opportune way for ideal execution of program activities.
- Any different obligations as required
Position Reports to: WPE Manager
- Indirect/Technical Reporting: WPE Coordinator
- Position straightforwardly Supervises: Adolescent Girls Assistant
- Key Internal Contacts: WPE Response Team and Other IRC area’s staff,
- Key External Contacts: WGSS recipients, Community individuals, and different NGOs staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Counseling or other related fields with GBV experience;
- Counselling, experience in ladies and young ladies place of refuge the board, drawing in ladies and young ladies on PSS exercises, Teaching or local area level commitment experience, incorporating experience working with ladies and young ladies preferred
- Must have worked in something very similar or comparable limit with regards to in any event 2 years
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
- Community activation and preparing experience with a legitimate association/common society organizations
- Clear understanding, remembering exhibited uplifting outlooks for sexual orientation imbalance, and issues encompassing savagery against ladies and young ladies is STRONGLY preferred.
- Demonstrated information and comprehension of issues influencing ladies and young ladies, including sex based violence.
- Ability to keep up classification and regard for customers consistently is essential.
- Ability to lead, train, regulates, work with and propel other GBV staff in their particular assignments in an expert, aware and steady manner.
- Positive and expert demeanor, ready to arrange, keep up poise and focus on work under tension, stay at work longer than required when important and have the option to facilitate various errands and keep up regard for detail.
- Ability to compose clear and compact reports in English would be an additional advantage
Demonstrated Managerial/Leadership Competencies:
- Ability to function as an individual from a group is essential
- Positive and proficient mentality, ready to sort out, keep up self-control and focus on work under tension, stay at work past 40 hours when vital and have the option to arrange numerous undertakings and keep up regard for detail.
- Ability to convey in English, Hausa, Kanuri and neighborhood vernaculars spoken in the Yobe.
Computer/Other Tech Requirements:
- Full proficient capability in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint, is an advantage
The IRC and IRC laborers should cling to the qualities and standards illustrated in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. As per these qualities, the IRC works and upholds approaches on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la insurance des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la assurance de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de struggle, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
Location: Damaturu, Yobe State
Job date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 22:36:41 GMT