Job title: Protection Coordinator – Nigeria – Maiduguri
Company: Première Urgence Internationale
Job description: Fixed-term contract (12 months) – Starting Date: 15/07/2021
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports shut to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With to a greater extent than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Nowadays in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- To a greater extent than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to place and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come up together to take a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to aid them regain independence and dignity.
Learn to a greater extent on , ,
Focus on our activities in NIGERIA
The Mission Nigéria has been open since 2016. PUI develops its integrated approach with mainly in Health, Nutrition and Protection, Furthermore, PUI works on MHPSS, Food Security (cash transfer) and Early Recovery and Livelihood. Nowadays, the mission is implementing 2 projects.
What in relation to the Protection Coordinator Nigeria ?
As Protection Coordinator, you will be responsible for the evolution and implementation of the mission’s operational Protection strategy as good as of the character of current and hereafter Protection programmes at the plan, implementation, monitoring and evaluation phases. You will provide technical back up to the Protection Projection Managers on the basis of a functional reporting human relationship, you will stand for PUI to the authorities, humanitarian actors and donors for the Protection sector, and ensure that protection mainstreaming principles are taken into account in all PUI interventions, with other technical coordinators and the MEAL department.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Strategy / Evolution: You will participate in the evolution of the operational Protection strategy and contribute to the plan of new Protection interventions on the mission based on the identified Protection needs in the country of intervention, and in line with PUI Protection operational framework.
- Programmes: You will provide technical back up to Protection Program Managers and ensure the character and efficacy of Protection programs.
- Representation / Coordination: You will stand for PUI for the Protection sector to partners, donors, national authorities and local actors. You will stand for PUI in Protection Cluster / Protection sector coordination grouping meetings, and will contribute to the good information sharing in the Protection sector.
- Human Resources/Preparation: You will supervise the Protection coordination squad, provide technical back up to the Protection Programme Managers, supervise Protection technical preparation activities and contents based on identified needs.
- Logistics and Administration: You will ensure that Protection teams under your responsibleness follow logistics and administrative procedures and you will hold the logistics and administrative departments informed.
- Security: You will contribute to compliance with security rules within the mission and communicate whatever security-related information to your line manager and/or to the mission’s “security” manager.
The challenges that await you :
1 – Ensure the character of PUI’s current protection and psychosocial back up programs through capacity building, changes of structure, program plan, protection internal mainstreaming, technical tools and guidelines etc. 2 – Propose and plan new protection and psychosocial back up components and/or programs methodologically sound and coherent with the humanitarian mandate and positioning of PUI
What you will demand to succeed
- Preparation : You take hold a Original‘s grade in humanitarian projection direction/business school/political sciences/social sciences/law or other related field.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 2 years in protection program direction or a similar place, by an experience in protection mainstreaming and protection monitoring, and an experience in environments with protection threats. You also have a strong understanding of global protection principles and standards, and relevant bodies of international law. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You master copy projection direction, character monitoring and squad direction. You demonstrate capacity to deliver trainings on protection, and you have a good understanding of institutional donors’ procedures (United Nations agencies, ECHO, EuropAid, OFDA, AAP, etc.)
- Qualities : You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good squad spirit, leadership, good analytical and organisational skills, flexibility, and a high sense of discretion. You are able to take responsibleness in a proactive approach in say to create proposals and to place solutions. You have a strong power to resist stress and peculiarly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages : English has no secrets for you! All the superior, it is mandatory for this place. Whether you speak Spanish, Standard Arabic and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« You would be working wih a great squad on the field who works relentelessly to improve living conditions of the most vulnerable population in one of the biggest humanitarian crisis in Africa. »
PUI will offering you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 200,00 – 2 530,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per twelvemonth + homecoming ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses amongst its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian activeness, and thus compels itself to the strict observance of the rule of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment physical process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and honor the principles set out in its ethical constitution.
Please annotation that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in whatever instance asking a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Whatever such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You sense ready to take upward the challenge and to bring together PUI great household ?
Location: Maiduguri, Borno Province
Job date: Sat, 22 May 2021 22:25:35 GMT