Job title: Project Manager – Gender And Humanitarian At Un Women
Job description: UN Women – In July 2010, the United countries General Assembly made UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The formation of UN Women occurred as a component of the UN change plan, uniting assets and commands for more noteworthy effect. It unions and expands on the significant work of four already particular pieces of the UN framework (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which zeroed in solely on sex correspondence and ladies’ empowerment.
We are enlisting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Manager – Gender and Humanitarian
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Type of Contract: TA Local
Post Level: NO-C
Starting Date: 01-Jul-2021 (date when the chose applicant is required to start:
Duration of Initial Contract: 365 days
Expected Duration of Assignment: 365 days
- UN Women, grounded in the vision of balance revered in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the end of oppression ladies and young ladies; the strengthening of ladies; and the accomplishment of fairness among ladies and men as accomplices and recipients of improvement, common freedoms, helpful activity and harmony and security.
- In 2018, UN Women Nigeria set up a presence in Maiduguri, Borno State North East, Nigeria to help the endeavors of the Government of Nigeria and other UN organizations towards the compassionate reaction through focused occupations support for ladies and young ladies and the more extensive progress from philanthropic alleviation to longer-recuperation and development.
- UN Women is likewise occupied with coordination and specialized help across the sectoral reactions; limit working for philanthropic laborers; and attempts different evaluations and related drives to take into account proof based, sexual orientation responsive reaction to the advancing emergency in the North East. The target of UN Women programs in the Northeast is to guarantee insurance for weak ladies and young ladies just as their evenhanded safe admittance to helpful and recuperation help. The projects likewise advance ladies’ significant investment and administration in compassionate and recuperation processes.
- In this respect, UN Women, with financing support from the Government of Japan, is executing a task on Empowering Women and Girls for Enhanced Gender-Based Violence Prevention and Response in Borno and Yobe States. The venture is intended to add to lessening the spread of COVID-19 through help to ladies’ authority and investment in forestalling and reacting to sex based savagery while extending admittance to monetary strengthening opportunities.
- Under the immediate oversight of the UN Women Deputy Country Representative, and with vital answering to the Country Representative, the Project Manager is liable for the administration, considerable coordination and generally the executives of the Japan-subsidized task for results just as overseeing and planning other UN Women mediations in the Northeast.
- The Project Manager works in close coordinated effort with the program and tasks group, UN Women Nigeria Country Office staff, Government, common society and other compassionate accomplices guaranteeing fruitful execution of UN Women programs in Northeast Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage the execution of the Japan project and other appointed arrangement of undertakings in Northeast:
- Develop the yearly workplan and financial plan and deal with their implementation;
- Manage the specialized execution of the program/project; guarantee cooperative energies with other teams;
- Oversee the foundation of association agreements
- Manage specialized help and limit advancement to project/program partners:
- Build and oversee associations with public accomplices to help the execution of programmes;
- Identify limit assembling needs of accomplices and lead the coordination of specialized help, tutoring, preparing and limit improvement initiatives.
Manage the Monitoring of Program/Project Implementation and Finances utilizing results-based Management Tools:
- Oversee field missions and audit covers checking missions;
- Oversee exercises of carrying out accomplices and the accommodation of inarrative and monetary reports;
- Write quarterly reports and contributor reports, zeroing in on outcomes, yield and outcomes;
- Provide direction to staff and accomplices on Results-Based Management apparatuses and execution indicators;
- Contribute to office benefactor and UN Women reports.
Management of Human and Financial Resources of the Portfolio of Projects Assigned under the Northeast Response:
- Manage the program financial plan and draft monetary reports;
- Supervise field facilitators, Program Associates and additionally UN Volunteers, assigned;
- Mentor and mentor staff and lead execution assessments;
- Oversee the enrollment cycles of specialists and staff as necessary.
- Contribute to Inter-office Coordination on Gender in Humanitarian Action to Achieve Coherence and arrangement of UN Women Programs with different Partners in the Northeast:
- Contribute to the fortifying of key philanthropic accomplices measure by giving consistent direction and specialized help on sexual orientation in compassionate activity through the Gender Technical Team Group.
- Contribute to sex mainstreaming in National-drove endeavors of compassionate techniques and plans, for example, the Humanitarian Response Plan and Humanitarian Overview, and Covid-19 Contingency Plan.
- Advocate for the commitment and significant investment of nearby ladies’ associations and stages in compassionate coordination mechanisms.
- Design and convey limit building drives in Gender in Humanitarian Action
- Engage working gathering and area leads, and key compassionate accomplices on Gender in Humanitarian Action drives expected to expand the sex responsiveness of the coordination component and systems.
- Provide specialized help to the Head of Sub-Office on between office coordination related exercises by going to gatherings, occasions, and partaking in gatherings and councils as needed;
Manage Advocacy, Knowledge Building and Communication Efforts:
- Develop and survey foundation records, briefs and introductions identified with the Northeast response;
- Identify best practices and exercises figured out how to control program improvement and methodology planning;
- Provide contribution to briefs, strategy refreshes and different archives identified with the philanthropic circumstance in Nigeria
- Contribute to the trading of data and information results of the program inside and externally;
- Organize significant promotion crusades, occasions, preparing, workshops and information products
- Represent UN Women in gatherings and strategy exchanges on issues identified with Northeast reaction as necessary
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and quality program methodologies and activities;
- Timely and nature of program conveyance in accordance with spending plan and workplans, and in accordance with all UN Women operational standards and guidelines, including security;
- Timely and quality observing and assessment of programmes;
- Relations with accomplices and stakeholders;
- Quality reports and convenient submission;
- Quality of support and correspondence initiatives.
- Increased participation and correspondence between UN Women and the compassionate accomplices in Borno and Yobe States.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Human Rights, Gender/Women’s Studies, International Development, or a connected field is required
- A first-level University Degree in mix with two extra long stretches of qualifying experience might be acknowledged in lieu of the high level college degree.
- A project/program the board certificate would be an additional advantage
- At least 5 years of logically mindful work insight at the public or worldwide level in plan, arranging, execution, checking and assessment of sex and advancement projects;
- Technical experience of mainstreaming a sex point of view in compassionate projects, philanthropic coordination and experience working in compassionate settings.
- Technical experience in carrying out ladies’ monetary strengthening and vocation projects
- Experience organizing and liaising with government offices and additionally givers is an asset;
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset;
- Experience in driving/dealing with a group is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Working information on another authority UN language is an asset
- Knowledge of Hausa will be an asset.
Core Values and Guiding Principles:
- Respect for diversity.
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Accountability and Responsibility
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example.
- Sotrng program definition, execution, checking and assessment skills
- Strong information on outcomes based administration standards and approaches
- Ability to foster itemized operational plans, spending plans, and follow through on results
- Sound information on sex and philanthropic issues
- Ability to lead the detailing of procedures and their implementation
- Strongnetworking skills
- Ability to arrange and interface with givers and dissect patterns, openings and dangers to fundraising
- Ability to advocate and give strategy advice
- Strong scientific and critical thinking skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified competitors should:
- UNDP is focused on accomplishing labor force variety as far as sex, ethnicity and culture. People from minority gatherings, native gatherings and people with inabilities are similarly urged to apply. All applications will be dealt with wi