Job title: Project Manager-ECHO COVAX – Nigeria
Job description: INTERSOS is an autonomous compassionate association that helps the survivors of catastrophic events, equipped struggles and prohibition. Its exercises depend on the standards of fortitude, equity, human poise, correspondence of rights and openings, regard for variety and conjunction, giving extraordinary consideration to the most weak people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Project Manager-ECHO COVAX
Duty station: Maiduguri (with field visits to other field locations)
Starting date: 15/06/2021
Contract term: 18 months
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Supervision of: Project Officer, Cold Chain Officer, COVAX Communications Officer, COVAX IT Officer/Database Officer
Type of obligation station: Non-family Duty station
General setting of the project
Since 2009, the Boko Haram revolt has injured north eastern Nigeria. Borno State keeps on being generally influenced, with over 1.8 million inside dislodged people (IDPs). Late advances by the Nigerian Army and the Multinational Joint Task Force have improved philanthropic access in 22 of the 27 Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Borno, however have likewise uncovered the degree of thecrisis. In recently available territories, fundamental foundation has been obliterated, fundamental administrations are non-existent, and most nearby administration frameworks are not functional.
In help to the UN-drove composed philanthropic reaction around there, INTERSOS is executing 10 ventures tending to basic holes in Health, Nutrition, WASH, Protection, Food Security, Livelihoods, and Camp Coordination and Camp Management administrations for an exceptionally weak populace in the open host networks in of Ngala, Bama, Dikwa, Banki, Damasak, Monguno, Magumeri, Konduga, and Maiduguri Metropolitan Center, Borno State, Nigeria.
General reason for the position
The Project Manager will guarantee arranging and conveyance of all parts of INTERSOS Nigeria COVAX Project as a critical segment of the COVID19 reaction project subsidized by ECHO and work with a lucid way to deal with INTERSOS Nigeria COVID19 by and large reaction. S/he will fill in as INTERSOS Nigeria point of convergence for exercises identified with COVAX project as a vital segment of the COVID-19 readiness and response.
The COVAX Project Manager will:
- attend significant gatherings at public or potentially field level,
- collect criticism and give info and direction on public guidelines;
- ensure great coordination between the distinctive INTERSOS staff and groups associated with COVID-19 readiness and reaction activities;
- provide vital heading, in a joint effort with the INTERSOS Medical Coordinator, Country Director, WASH Manager, other wellbeing accomplices and State-put together wellbeing working gatherings with respect to INTERSOS commitment in COVID-19 readiness activities;
- coordinate and carry out COVAX and COVID-19 readiness exercises and
- help facilitate reactions on coordination with wellbeing IPC programming in static undertaking locales; he/she will uphold crisis reaction mediations explicit to COVID-19 response.
Main duties and tasks
- Develop and keep up proper correspondence with the groups and other applicable stakeholders.
- Participate and proactively participate in COVAX – COVID-19 readiness coordination gatherings and working gatherings at State, National and field level. Give synopsis notes off all outside gatherings for significant inside stakeholders.
- Develop and convey preparing on COVID-19 readiness to INTERSOS staff.
- Proactively network with bunches and wellbeing and WASH offices to distinguish freedoms to collaborate.
- Review and refresh important Project Agreements, and Memorandum of Understanding.
- Ensure clear inner coordination inside the venture groups and other help groups (Logistics, Human Resources, Finance, Field Base).
- Provide refreshes during different gatherings like guide’s and the executives, or some other specially appointed meetings.
- In coordination with the Country Staff Health Focal Point, survey the requirement for and contribute towards the plan and execution of in-country COVID-19-related staff wellbeing conventions and procedures.
- Manage COVID-19 and COVAX readiness exercises, close by the applicable field PM and PC, to meet the undertaking destinations inside financial plan and dispensed time frame.
- React rapidly to emergency and sort out and carry out fitting appraisals and responses.
- Contribute to the turn of events and execution of a COVAX INTERSOS Cross-Country system and an orchestrated COVID-19 readiness and reaction strategy.
- Continuously screen and manage COVID-19 readiness and reaction exercises, assessing progress through yields and effect. Give contribution to the combination of recipient support and accountability.
- Ensure precise and ideal revealing of exercises as indicated by pertinent time periods and formats.
- Participate in the advancement of intercessions and new recommendations, connected to the evaluated needs and gaps.
- Reach out to different entertainers to discover the individuals who can react to needs which go past assets of INTERSOS.
ii. Observing and Evaluation
- Support in creating and carrying out the ECHO COVAX project checking and assessment plan, and opportune accommodation of reports and other record requirements.
- Provide input on project execution methodology and help with accomplishing greatest effectiveness in project conveyance. Embrace standard participatory checking and confirmation visits to guarantee sufficient advancement against activity plans, yields and guaranteeing that quality components are closed down. Give exhortation on any restorative activity necessary.
iii. Limit building
- Train significant staff on different parts of COVAX the board and inclusion, COVID-19 readiness, IPC, and so forth, in accordance with set up SOPs.
- Compile and oversee, and make accessible, pertinent data identified with COVAX, COVID-19 for staff access.
- Support advancement of INTERSOS-(custom-made) preparing educational program, PowerPoint slides, IEC materials etc.
- Support the improvement of a COVAX – COVID 19 pictures information base, including IEC/BCC material approved and utilized by INTERSOS Nigeria and partners.
iv. Quality Management/Project Design
- Responsible for guaranteeing project execution is as per INTERSOS Nigeria, ECHO and global rules, related to Medical Coordinator.
- Contribute towards setting targets of COVAX project, crisis COVID-19-related wellbeing/WASH appraisals and mediations, observing advancement, etc.
- Decide on new exercises and new venture locales and give input in regards to tentative arrangements and changes.
- Improve the nature of the undertaking, including evaluations, checking and assessment, execution of Core Humanitarian Standards and security mainstreaming.
- Work with the coordinations and store network division to guarantee stock, buy demands, cash conjectures and development demands are submitted.
- Support the coordinations exercises of wellbeing and WASH staff, according to the buying of COVID-19 related supplies, and so forth Liaise with the wellbeing, WASH and coordinations staff to guarantee that quality things are acquired, shipped, put away, etc.
- Support the Head of Base in guaranteeing appropriate social separating and other readiness measures are carried out in the space of operations.
vi. The executives
- Management of the Project financial plan and guarantee project announcing adjusts to giver rules and regulations.
- Management of direct reports (counting improvement, execution and recruitment)
- Support and guide colleagues by recognizing clear expectations and giving preparing and coaching
- Support and screen program staff arranging of activities.
Required profile and experience
An Advanced Degree in Public Health related field or another fitting degree with a blend of working involvement with general wellbeing flare-ups, for example, Ebola, Lassa Fever, Cholera and etc.
- At least 5 years’ demonstrated involvement with project the board: arranging, carrying out and assessing crisis related projects.
- Thorough information on wellbeing crises tasks and implementation.
- Highly self-propelled while making progress toward flawlessness under least supervision.
- Experience working in crisis reaction with NGOs, ideally in a philanthropic context
In this position, you are relied upon to exhibit INTERSOS’s five center skills:
- Striving for greatness: You center around arriving at results while guaranteeing a proficient process.
- Collaborating: You are a solid organizer and appreciate working with a wide range of sorts of partners, you include pertinent gatherings and support feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take possession and drive while adjusting the job of consultant and taking leadership
- Communicating: You compose and talk successfully and genuinely and show political and social affectability, including capacity to adjust well to nearby cultures
- Demonstrating trustworthiness: You act in accordance with our vision and values.
English Language, with information on Hausa and/Kanuri an additional advantage
An engaged, coordinated person who is a teamplayer ready to work under upsetting conditions
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Job date: Fri, 21 May 2021 22:13:13 GMT