Job title: Project Coordinator At The International Institute Of Tropical Agriculture (iita)
Job description: The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-revenue driven foundation that creates horticultural advancements to address Africa’s most squeezing difficulties of craving, hunger, neediness, and normal asset corruption. Working with different accomplices across sub-Saharan Africa, we further develop jobs, upgrade food and nourishment security, increment business, and save regular asset trustworthiness. IITA is an individual from CGIAR, a worldwide agribusiness research association for a food secure future.
We are enrolling to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year sustainable contract)
Successful competitor will in addition to other things play out the accompanying obligations:
- Coordinate and regulate IMAGE in-country procedure on family studies and plant test assortments for DNA analysis.
- Ensure project SOPs are followed and report errors as a feature of the nonstop improvement measure. Cooperation being developed of venture SOPs is expected.
- Serve as one of the central people for IMAGE project in Nigeria, Tanzania and
- Ethiopia and keep up with continuous correspondence with project initiative team.
- Support IMAGE project in getting sorted out preparing studios for family studies and in the long run lead the work inside particular countries.
- Manage in-country functional spending plan and give monetary and progress reports to project authority and giver (BMGF).
- Liaise with nearby government accomplices, public examination establishments and CGIAR focuses every now and then to guarantee smooth activity of the undertaking and new innovations or arrangements can be applied and scaled appropriately.
- Actively contribute as an individual from the IMAGE project organization to smooth out and streamline family reviews. This might incorporate information sharing and supporting undertaking individuals whenever necessary.
- Identify difficulties and openings in-country activity and give initiative as a component of nearby limit improvement effort.
- Perform some other occupation related errand as might be appointed by the supervisor.
- Master’s in plant Breeding, Molecular Biology or Agriculture or related field with least of five (5) a long time insight in an all around organized climate or giver financed organization.
The ideal up-and-comer must have:
- Strong comprehension of neighborhood culture and workplaces, especially with regards to provincial turn of events and smallholder rancher practices.
- Ability to convey adequately in English is an unquestionable requirement and neighborhood dialect(s) is a plus.
- Service situated attitude and solid critical thinking skills.
- Seed industry/private area experience is desired.
- Project the board insight and capacity to work under severe cutoff times and spending plan requirements.
- Logistic the executives experience in horticulture research.
- Experience in multi partner commitment and showed capacity to team up to accomplish normal goals.
- Ability to work autonomously with minor management and a vocation driven mindset.
- Ability to travel locally with intermittent global travels.
- We offer profoundly serious compensation with similarly alluring advantages and amazing working conditions in a charming grounds environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified competitor should finish the online application connecting nitty gritty Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word configuration to IITA.
- The application should incorporate the names and email locations of three expert arbitrators which should incorporate the candidate’s ebb and flow or past direct Supervisor, proficient associate and proof of momentum compensation package.
- IITA is an equivalent chance boss and is focused on building a different labor force, especially inviting applications from women.
- While all applications will be recognized, if it’s not too much trouble, note that solitary shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Location: Ibadan, Oyo State
Job date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 04:09:42 GMT