Job title: Program Assistant, Food Security At Christian Aid (ca)
Job description: Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based global NGO, cooperating with others to end neediness in Africa. At the core of this vision is the change of the existences of individuals who live in destitution, enabling them to have a more promising time to come. Christian Aid works in excess of 30 nations and has been working in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country program centers around Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including compassionate reaction and Gender.
We are enrolling to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant, Food Security
Location: Mafa, Borno
Report to: Program Officer – Food Security
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: 6 months
- The by and large point of the position is to help the program official – food security to facilitate and deal with a convenient and viable food security help project in accordance with recommendations, procedures and WFP requirements.
Under the immediate oversight of the program official and in a joint effort with other colleagues of the task and of the base, the program right hand – food security will:
- Assist in all the recipient ID, enlistment, confirmation and distribution of food wares on a month to month basis.
- Supervise and deal with the commitment of easygoing labourers.
- Conduct preparing and sensitisation exercises identified with food distributions.
- Assist in Planning, directing and checking preparing, mindfulness and sensitisation exercises, including upkeep and check of all supporting documentation and exercises (for example preand post-tests).
- Assist in keeping up records, everything being equal, to finish opportune reports for CAID and for outside entertainers, including donors.
- Promote the privileges of dislodged individuals and influenced populaces, investigate and survey new and better approaches to give convenient, successful and suitable assistance.
- Assist in hole examination, needs appraisal, leading enlistment, getting wares and distributing to recipients in areas antagonistically influenced by the conflict.
- Other obligations as needed of the position.
- Expected travel per annum: Up to 30 days
- On call/unsocial hours: Yes, in occasion of Christian Aid reaction to philanthropic emergency.
Surge Capacity for Emergency Responses:
- Yes – could be needed to go for over 75 days p.a. what’s more, for a time of as long as 3 months however for close to a half year p.a. with no short of what one month’s span between postings except if in outrageous circumstances.
- In request to react to truly changing requests inside the climate, Christian Aid works inside a spry system (both in labor force and operational) that needs from all representatives, a significant degree of responsiveness and adaptiveness to cycles and designs making adaptability and a venture based working methodology the norm.
- To support this framework, chiefs may/will concur further subtleties of explicit errands and obligations as a component of the presentation agreement.
- Any sensible obligation might be allocated that is predictable with the idea of the work and its degree of duty, and workers might be needed to change the focal point of their job from time to time.
- To support the execution of WFP Food security project by supporting the program official in endeavor program exercises (local area assembly, confirmation, enrollment, distribution, observing and evaluation).
- The job likewise incorporates helping the program official in arranging and coordination of distribution exercises, food distribution arranging and reporting.
- There is the need to have staff who is committed in commonsense use of focusing on, enlistment, check, and distribution as indicated by WFP standard
- External: Build solid associations with accomplices, organizations, benefactors, partners and local area beneficiaries.
- Internal: Build solid relationship with program divisions, FSL/WASH Staff, MEAL officials, program administrators, M&E units and all in-country and worldwide staff.
- Make choices to oversee group successfully, from enlistment of volunteers and to everyday administration of food security exercises and give specialized info and by and large help to the program official. Everyday dynamic in adherence to giver rules in food disseminations while mainstreaming sexual orientation and protection.
- Makes choices around project proposition, guaranteeing they are arranged and follow revealing requirements.
- Make strategy choices that help standing and crisis issues.
- Contribute to forming and carrying out food security mediation and settling on quality choices to help this
Budgetary/investment funds Responsibility:
- Outline the measure of budgetary/investment funds duty this job is responsible for.
Click here to enter text.
- Outline the degree of power and responsibility in dynamic, what assets is the post holder duty regarding? Recurrence of choice making?
- Works on complex subject matter expert/specialized issues. Issues and issue, dangers and advantages may have suggestions across a few divisions. Needed to foster better approaches for getting things done to more readily meet program objectives requiring significant inventive or scientific ability.
Developing Self and Others
- Has direct duty regarding creating, training and spurring a group or groups of partners and volunteers.
- Focus will be on exhorting and controlling project official – Food security on strategy issues/undeniable level techniques and direct line the board obligation might be limited.
Role Related Checks:
- Child assurance freedom Standard Counter psychological warfare screening Required
Applied abilities/information and aptitude:
- Proven experience in enlistment, confirmation and distribution in crisis help activities is a solid advantage.
- Computer abilities (essentially MS Office applications), particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of the setting in provincial Nigeria.
- Experience in complex crises and the capacity to live and work in an exceptionally far off environment.
- Ability to work under tension and without day by day supervision
- Fluency in English, both composed and verbal. Familiarity with Hausa. Skill in Kanuri and additionally other neighborhood dialects proper to the objective populace is an additional advantage
- Relevant advanced education at school level in Agriculture/Nutrition or potentially Health.
- Strong comprehension of assurance standards and likely insurance concerns emerging in the Nigerian setting just as struggle sensitivity.
- Familiarity with FSL setting in North – Eastern Nigeria.
- Ability to impart smoothly in recipients nearby language (Kanuri/Shuwa/Hausa) and English language.
- A female competitor is liked for the role
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint: Intermediate
- Web content plan and improvement – N/A
- Internet based coordinated effort devices and video calling – Intermediate
- Social Media – Intermediate
- Data Visualization – Intermediate
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should:
Location: Mafa, Borno State
Job date: Sat, 22 May 2021 23:03:50 GMT