Job title: Procurement Manager At Preserve The Children Nigeria
Job description: Preserve the Children is the leading independent organization for children in demand, with programs in over 120 countries. We preserve children’s lives. We combat for their rights. We assist them fulfil their potential. Preserve the Children is working in Nigeria because one in 5 children in Nigeria dies before their 5th birthday. In relation to 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to hold out spell nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related affliction.
We are recruiting to make full the place below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Job Ref: 210003MQ
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Squad / Programme: Render Chain
Employee Status: Permanent
Contract Length: Open ended
Reports to: Chief of Render Chain
Staff reporting to this post: Procurement Coordinators (X2)
- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or immature people either ofttimes (e.g. in one case a week or to a greater extent) or intensively (e.g. 4 days in one month or to a greater extent or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the constabulary checking/vetting physical process staff.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for managing the Procurement of programmatic and non-programmatic goods and services. S/he:
- Ensures that all of our goods and services are procured in accordance with the timescales set and agreed with programme staff and SCI’s systems, policies and procedures, to back up our programmes to deliver outstanding results for children
- Ensures that “value for money” is achieved through competitive and obvious Procurement processes.
- Provides technical and strategic back up to our national/ area/ field offices to increment Procurement capacity and to reach the operational goals of the Country Render Chain squad.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Develops and implements the country Procurement strategy aligned to regional and global Procurement priorities with the aim of delivering value for money to our donors, lineament goods and services to our beneficiaries and exceeding our operational KPIs.
- Deal and communicate with senior internal stakeholders to promote the role of the Procurement function, to drive best practices and operational efficiencies for the advatage of the country.
- Structure and implement a Procurement organisational structure in line with the target Procurement Country Business office operating model to ensure teams or individuals are separately focused on direction, sourcing and buying as discrete capabilities within the squad.
- Provide leadership and direction to Procurement squad and functional leadership to Procurement staff at Area Business office/ Field Business office
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of all Procurement processes to ensure compliance to procedures and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Deliver grooming to country business office Procurement staff using the Procurement Essentials certification grooming materials and existence responsible for ensuring that all people doing Procurement are adequately trained.
- Develop, maintain and deliver the rolling Sourcing Pipeline.
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand hereafter demand for programmes and internal business office / functional needs and to forecast hereafter demand.
- Advocate across the organisation for effective planning of Procurement needs at the proposal stage.
- Programme the squad’s activities to run proactive sourcing procedures (tenders, quotations) to see projection hereafter demand.
- Deliver and/or oversee sourcing procedures to sign contracts and Framework Agreements suppliers that see our business requirements and deliver value for money.
- Oversee all operational Procurement activities ensuring that we are receiving, validating and processing purchase requisitions in line with business requirements.
- Oversee single and simple quotation processes with suppliers and issuing of purchase orders and contracts.
- Ensuring the tracking of Purchase Orders from issuance to say fulfilled
- Liaise with relevant internal departments and programmes to ensure that say fulfilment is on time and in line with expectation.
- Deal with operational challenges around deliveries and payment and escalate to relevant departments.
- Implement and ensure compliance to our Procurement Policy, Procurement Manual and established Procurement Procedures
- Set a strong tone from the top that fraud is unacceptable
- Ensure that we are using recognised systems and processes including ProSave
Systems, Tools and Processes:
- Accountable for ensuring Catalogue Direction / Contract Terms & Pricing Direction is carried out by the Procurement Squad.
- Accountable for ensuring Supplier Enablement activities are carried out so that as many suppliers as possible transact with SCI through the Ariba Network.
- Drive adoption & performance / compliance of the ProSave system.
Behaviours (Values in Do)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Preserve the Children values
- Holds the squad and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the liberty to deliver in the best way they reckon fit, providing the essential evolution to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their squad, takes responsibleness for their have personal evolution and encourages their squad to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Preserve the Children, engages and motivates others
- Futurity orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their squad, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, piece of cake to utter to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Minimum requirement is MA / MSc / MEng / MBA; Procurement, Render Chain, Logistics, or related fields and Membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Render (CIPS) UK or equivalent professional person certification.
Experience and Skills:
- Proven and important experience in Procurement and contract direction, including an power to review Procurement demands and trends, and to develop Procurement strategies.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience working in logistics or Procurement, with in depth experience vis-à-vis the entire Procurement lifecycle.
- Sector experience in NGO/United Nations system in Nigeria is preferred but strong commercial sector candidate with a demonstrable involvement and passion of the NGO sector will be considered.
- Experience with Strategic Sourcing, developing Category Strategies and running complex tenders.
- Strong experience in some of our key programmatic categories (Render Chain, Interpretation, Humanitarian Goods, Education Supplies, Medicines) or indirect categories (External Workers/Consultancy, IT, Asset etc.).
- Willingness to undertake field move as required and work in hard environments according to move environments
- Splendid oral and written communication skills; Fluency in spoken and written English
- Desirable: Procurement systems experience
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out higher up are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Equal Opportunities: The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- Tiddler Safeguarding: The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
- Health and Security: The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding our Staff: The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Fri, 28 May 2021 03:24:37 GMT