Alliance for International Medical Action
Task title: Functional Support Officer Task at Alliance for International Medical Action
Company: Alliance for International Medical Action
Task description: The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was produced in 2009 by experts of humanitarian medication. ALIMA’s objective is to provide treatment in emergency situation scenarios or medical disasters.
We are hiring to fill the position of:
Task Position: Operational Support Officer
Task Place: Abuja
Conditions Contract term: Contract under French law, 6 months
Preferred start date: ASAP
Direct Line Manager: Head of Objective
Technical Referent: Desk Grants Manager
ALIMA in Nigeria
- The humanitarian crisis in Nigeria’s northeast and the Lake Chad area is among the most extreme continuous crises worldwide, now entering its ninth year and revealing no indication of easing off.
- In 2021, a minimum of 8
7 million individuals require immediate humanitarian help in the worst-affected states of Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe. Approximately 5.1 million individuals risk being seriously food insecure throughout the next lean season (June – August 2021), a level comparable to 2016-2017 when scarcity was towering above Borno State * Nigeria is now dealing with a 2nd wave of COVID-19 infections. Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe states have actually taped brand-new cases. Help stars are heightening actions and avoidance procedures
- Regardless of difficulties consisting of humanitarian area reduction, help employees had actually currently offered around 5 million individuals with life-saving help in Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe states in 2020.
- Dispute, explosive residues of war, and insecurity have actually cut individuals off from their primary methods of livelihoods-farming and fishing. This triggers significant food insecurity in northeast Nigeria, which COVID-19’s impacts on earnings have actually intensified: regardless of great crop yields, food insecurity is increasing.
- Findings of the October 2020 Cadre Harmonisé (CH) analysis predicted that about 5.1 million individuals in the 3 states will be food-insecure in the lean season in between June and August 2021– a 19% and 34% increase in 2020 (after COVID-19 June CH Update) and 2019 figures respectively.
- According to the Nutrition and Food Security Monitoring Round 9, carried out in October 2020, the level of intense poor nutrition increased in all 3 states compared to 2019. Worldwide intense poor nutrition (GAM) rates of 10.7% were taped in Borno, 7.5% in Adamawa, and 13.6% in Yobe. According to the study, a number of LGAs had high pockets of international intense poor nutrition above the 15% limit (emergency situation stage), consisting of Gubio, Magumeri, Mobbar, and Bayo in Borno State and all LGAs in northern Yobe.
- Motion constraints and insecurity continue to obstruct the ability of IDPs, returnees, and the host neighborhoods to gain access to standard services, incomes, and land for farming and grazing. This suggests that more individuals will count on humanitarian help to endure in 2021.
- In 2017, ALIMA continued to implement jobs in Muna Garage in Jere LGA, where ALIMA carries out basic assessments for kids under 5 and supplies Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) to pregnant and breast feeding ladies (antenatal and postnatal assessments). An Outpatient Restorative Feeding Program (OTP) is likewise available for kids under 5 struggling with extreme intense poor nutrition (SAM) in the center, where ladies and caretakers are trained to screen their kids for poor nutrition utilizing the MUAC tape.
- In Maiduguri MC, where ALIMA is operating in partnership with the University of Maiduguri Mentor Medical Facility (UMTH), the Inpatient Restorative Feeding Center (ITFC) handles kids under 5 struggling with SAM with medical issues in a 50-bed capability building.
- In December 2020, ALIMA carried out a requirements assessment study in the north of Yobe where a high level of intense poor nutrition was taped by the nutritionsector The outcomes of this study triggered ALIMA to open a nutrition and health project covering the Kasasuwa LGA, among the most afflicted LGAs, and where there was a space. This project began in Might 2021 and fund by ECHO intends to support Karasuwa health facilities and improve access to nutrition and health services consisting of pediatric health care and reproductive health.
- ALIMA likewise supports COVID-19 vaccination in Borno and Yobe with a concentrate on the most susceptible.
- In parallel, ALIMA is opening an emergency situation nutrition project in Katsina state and is present in Owo state considering that 2018 for Lassa fever action and research study.
Security of Recipients and Neighborhood Members:
- Level 3: As part of his/her tasks, the task holder will go to programs and enter contact with kids and/or susceptible grownups.
- For that reason, a rap sheet check or a certificate of great conduct will be needed. In scenarios where the impossibility of offering a rap sheet or a certificate of great conduct is discovered, a statement of honor will be asked for.
Objective and Main Activities
- The Functional Support Officer is accountable for fundraising and contract management for the nation, reporting to the Head of Objective.
- He/she is accountable for the legal management of donor agreements and the production of narrative reports according to legal requirements, supported by the monetary planner for monetary management, the head of objective for operations, and the medical planner for medical activities.
- He/she guarantees the look for brand-new financing for jobs and guarantees the production of concept notes and project propositions by the functional strategy.
- He/she keeps a thorough knowledge of the techniques, activities, and opportunities of donors and other stakeholders in the nation.
Guarantee the look for financing and the development of project propositions:
- The Functional Support Officer establishes a financing strategy and performs an active look for financing from donors present in the nation.
- He/she keeps an eye on donor techniques and present and future policies in the nation, along with the humanitarian context, to maintain a high level of info and understanding of the problems.
- On the other hand, he/she has an extensive knowledge of the operations carried out by ALIMA and analyses with the coordination team the present and future financing spaces.
Make Sure the production of concept notes and project propositions:
- To obtain financing, the Operations Support Officer establishes project propositions, with the coordination team offering functional, medical, monetary, and so on
- He/She guarantees the writing of Concept Notes and project propositions to respond to opportunities with donors and establishes project sheets and brochures to guarantee institutional communication throughout the year.
- He/She guarantees that the files produced remain in line with the strategy and format of the donor, and are of best official quality.
Support data tracking and tracking to satisfy reporting requirements:
- The Functional Support Officer need to develop and integrate robust tracking and tracking components into reports, so she or he takes part with the data manager in the tracking and collection of functional data shared month-to-month with the desk.
Support the Project Organizers in keeping track of legal requirements:
- The Functional Support Officer supports the Project Organizers to provide the secrets to activate resources from moneying agreements according to functional requirements and regard the legal requirements of the donors.
- The Functional Support Officer keeps a high level of info on functional advancements, consisting of a budget, to propose legal adjustments if required.
Make Sure the production of precise and analytical narrative reports within the specified timeframe:
- The Functional Support Officer is accountable for the preparation of interim and last reports for donors, according to the enforced reporting formats and guidelines.
- He/she is straight accountable for preparing the files, based upon precise quantitative and qualitative info capitalized throughout the year.
- He/she develops routine intermediary with the planners and project supervisors and, for the preparation of the reports, connects the dedications with the donor and the truth of the jobs and the land.
Maintain relationships with donors and partners in the nation:
- The Functional Support Officer remains in routine contact with the agents of the numerous donors, United Nations firms, and worldwide NGOs to guarantee that these stars have an excellent knowledge of ALIMA and the jobs carried out, and to keep an active watch on the numerous advancements in the institutional context and specific financing opportunities
Guarantee the legal management of moneying agreements:
- The Functional Support Officer is accountable for keeping track of financing agreements with donors.
- He/she remains in direct contact with the donor’s nationwide agents for legal management problems.
- He/she guarantees that the donor’s treatments are understood and appreciated by the remainder of theteam To this end, he/she has a typical contract tracking tool and technical sheets for each donor, which he/she assists to upgrade.
Make Sure the application of requirements in the avoidance of abuse:
- The Functional Support Officer need to participate in training and awareness sessions.
- He/she uses the abuse avoidance requirements in all the jobs he/she undertakes (e.g. including the style in reports, project propositions, the clause on abuse avoidance, and so on).
- He/she adds to developing and keeping a nurturing and protective environment.
Experience and Abilities
- Advanced Degree (Master’s level or equivalent) associated to the position (Development Research studies, Public Health, International Relations, Project Management.)
- Level of composed and spoken English and French
- Command of project management tools (project cycle, rational structure, project propositions, reporting, and so on).
- Experience in reporting, project style, and/or management, in a global uniformity company (NGO, association, and so on) or UN firm or donor firm
- Very First experience in expatriation is a plus.
- Analytical, synthesis, and composing abilities.
- Ability to take effort, ability to operate in a team, and to communicate.
- Inspiration, desire to attain project support goals.
- Of and commitment to ALIMA’s worths and objective.
- Depending Upon experience
ALIMA spends for:
- Travel expenses in between the migrant’s native land and the objective area.
- Lodging expenses
- Medical cover from the very first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the objective nation for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee
- To use, please send your CV and cover letter to our task page.
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we schedule the right to close the offer prior to the term at first showed if an excellent application succeeds. Just complete applications will be thought about. Just accepted applications will be gotten in touch with.
Anticipated salary: Remuneration is Attractive
Place: Abuja, FCT
Task date: Fri, 06 May 2022 04:16:53 GMT
#Operational #Support #Officer #Job #Alliance #International #Medical #Action.