Job title: Nutrition and Food Systems Specialist
Job description: Organizational Setting
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is the UN specialized office whose objective is to dispose of lack of healthy sustenance through food and farming. FAO’s Strategy for sustenance tends to the main drivers of ailing health (undernutrition, micronutrient insufficiencies and stoutness), expanding on FAO’s center capacities and near benefits. The Strategy perceives that battling unhealthiness in a maintainable manner requires a comprehensive methodology, applying the capability of food and agrarian frameworks as a powerful influence for the issue, getting together with those chipping away at wellbeing and care.
In Nigeria, FAO’s work is supported by one of the five needs of the Country Programming Framework (CPF 2018 – 2022): Strengthening public food and nourishment security through upgraded sustenance delicate and environment shrewd food frameworks. In such manner, FAO upholds the public authority to create and carry out approaches, systems, and structures for sustenance touchy farming drives and projects across the Humanitarian and Development continuum. FAO likewise builds up limit with respect to checking and assessing the nourishment effect of rural projects and further backings limit improvement for viable sustenance instruction. The reason for this consultancy is to extend and fortify FAO Nigeria Country Office’s work on sustenance, reposition and focus on its work in nourishment and to give authority in guaranteeing cross-sectoral and multi-partner coordination offers more productive, comprehensive, versatile and feasible food systems.
Under the general oversight of the FAO Representative (FAOR) and direct oversight of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programs) (AFAOR-P) and in close cooperation with the Program Leads along the Humanitarian and Development continuum, Nutrition specialists at FAO Headquarters and Decentralized workplaces, the Consultant will be required to help the execution of FAO Nigeria Country Program Framework.
Nutrition program advancement and the executives, coordination and specialized help dependent on the information on the financial and institutional setting of Nigeria.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Nutrition and Food Systems Specialist will:
- Contribute to the accomplishment of FAO Nigeria Country Programming Priorities through extension and reinforcing of nourishment program portfolio and its successful implementation.
- Provide initiative in food frameworks examination, gathering nourishment related results for promotion and plan of idea notes and program archives. Specifically focusing on (I) Trust Funds (TF, UNJPS), (ii) Unilateral Trust Funds (UTFs) with Federal and State Governments; (iii) South-South Cooperation (SSC, TrC)) and three-sided participation program (iv) Technical Cooperation Programs (TCPs) and (v) Private area associations in the space of nourishment delicate horticulture, sustenance training and shopper mindfulness, food frameworks, food handling, and food misfortunes/wastes.
- Provide specialized help to Federal and State-level governments, and FAO Implementing Partners, occupied with the conveyance of nourishment and food frameworks results. This can be through limit improvement, information – sharing, spreading great practices through projects in the field.
- Review of applicable government, UN and Donor vital and advancement plans/structures, and existing stages with the end goal of distinguishing extra passage focuses for FAO Nigeria to upgrade/fortify partnerships.
- Facilitate strategy discoursed, roundtables, celebration of significant worldwide days and media occasions to make comprehension and supporter for usage of food – based dietary rules to empower utilization of sound eating regimens (type, amount and wellbeing just as food squander, and the significance of farming and food esteem chains in that space.
- Support project leads in work-arranging, execution, revealing and task coordination with partners, start moves to be made with important accomplices, Agencies, institutional and partners on issues identified with projects the board to upgrade powerful execution of programmes;
- Facilitate and facilitate functional and calculated field activities in all parts of the venture cycle the executives identified with sustenance and food frameworks exercises. These incorporate, however are not restricted to, execution courses of action, selection of data sources and obtainment plans, site choice, recipient focusing on, deciding weakness models, distribution instruments, action checking, preparing and limit building, announcing, etc.;
- Ensure convenient arrangement and accommodation of Project Progress Reports and some other reports needed by the Organization;
- In joint effort with the M&E and Reporting Officer, add to observing and assessment of program and venture execution (yields, decrease of imbalance and effect on sustenance status) and its linkages to FAO’s Country Program Framework (CPF) and the UNSDPF.
- Contribute to the readiness and survey of specialized briefs, assessment reports, Letters of Agreement, Terms of Reference, specialized particulars, articulations and correspondence for inward use and for beneficiary governments and donors;
- Monitor arising food security and nourishment concerns, patterns and dangers and prompt on measures to be taken; collaborate with food security observation gatherings and use their discoveries and investigations for program planning;
- In contact with the correspondence group, gather and keep up with vault of archives and data, legislative rules, strategies, manuals, appraisals, and so on), to shape and characterize needs, rules and guidelines for intercessions in the nourishment and food frameworks sector;
- Mentor and fortify limits of program collaborators and junior experts about solid eating regimens, nourishment delicate horticulture and scientific structures utilized in nutrition.
- Perform other related obligations as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced college degree in Agri-food frameworks, nourishment, food security, program advancement, advancement financial aspects or a related field
· At least 5 years important involvement with program advancement and the board, raising support, exchanges, advertising/promotion, ideally in the space of sustenance or food frameworks or food security.
· Working information on English and something like one of the Nigerian principle languages.
· National of Nigeria or inhabitant in the country with an ordinary work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
· Sound information and comprehension of the on-going arising strategy issues in the space of Nutrition, Food Security, Food Systems;
· Strong information and foundation food frameworks, sanitation, nourishment schooling, food squanders/misfortunes and food esteem chain in Nigeria.
· Experience in planning, carrying out, checking and assessing sustenance and food frameworks projects at UN Systems level will be a key asset;
· Excellent relational and relational abilities and involvement with working with a wide scope of people at specialized and key levels in government, private area and common society;
· Experience in getting ready top notch strategy briefs and direction notes for use by senior approach makers;
· Experience of working with the public authority partners, public or worldwide monetary establishments, private area/common society in the field of monetary and social advancement in Nigeria;
- Familiarity with the agrarian arrangement of various geological districts, their items and potential inside and outer showcasing systems
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 22:47:01 GMT