Job title: Nigeria Security Adviser At Christian Assist (ca)
Job description: Christian Assist (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to finish poverty in Africa. At the ticker of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter futurity. Christian Assist works in to a greater extent than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill up the place below:
Job Title: Nigeria Security Adviser
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Study to: Country Managing director
Matrix Manager: Corporate Security Manager
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted Hours: 35
Contract Length: One yr
- The main purpose of this role is to supply in country security cover and assessments for the staff, the programme and the offices in Nigeria. This will be done by applying Christian Assist’s security protocols, in country assessments, contacts with the local security community, the UN, INSO, International Monetary Fund and other appropriate sources
- He / She will line care 2 Security Officers currently located within the Country Programme structure
- He / She will deploy advanced security intelligence across the Country with the back up of the Security Officers to ensure that all Christian Assist Nigeria staff, assets, and partners are safe and have little or no possible exposures to security vulnerabilities
- This role will be based in Abuja and reports to the Country Managing director.
- Strong and various information network (local, UN, INSO, International Monetary Fund etc) established from which dependable and upwards to date information on security may be obtained and applied by the squad
- Sound cultural and situational advice, particularly to the Country Managing director and other staff within the country squad
- As delegated by the Country Managing director, ensure the security and crisis direction plans are regularly reviewed and upwards to date and, providing security briefings prior and on arrival in country to visitors
- All Christian Assist staff – programme, business office, drivers and guards are regularly trained on security and communications procedures
- Field security assessments carried out and if to the Country Managing director as required prior to submission of move requests. Thereafter provide security back up and presence during field trips
- Line care the Security Officers based in Kaduna and Maiduguri
- Ensure that all the Security guards and drivers in all Christian Assist offices in Nigeria have high level technical back up from the Security Officers and are good trained. In add-on, ensure that all Christian Assist locations, vehicles, communication & security equipments are checked and maintained accordingly
- Back up the Country Managing director with adjusting the country programme security architecture when essential
- Stand for the Country Managing director in high level security meetings / engagements
- Regularly up-date and communication with Corporate Security Manager.
- Expected move per annum – Occasional move
- On call up/unsocial hours – Yes
- Surge capacity for emergency responses – Yes -could be required to to move for to a greater extent than 75 days p.a. and for a period of upwards to 3 months but for no to a greater extent than 6 months p.a. with no less than one month’s interval betwixt postings unless in extreme circumstances.
- In enjoin to reply to ever changing demands within the environs, Christian Assist operates within an agile framework (both in workforce and operational) that requires from all employees, a high level of responsiveness and adaptiveness to processes and structures making flexibility and a projection based working approach the norm.
- To sustain this system, managers may/will hold farther details of specific tasks and duties as division of the performance understanding.
- Whatsoever fair duty may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibleness, and employees may be required to modify the focus of their role from time to time.
- The role fits within the International Department and specifically within the Nigeria country programme
- The private is responsible for ensuring that the Country Managing director is upwards to date on all security issues pertaining to the programme and country
- He / she will be responsible for maintaining a high measure of security for all the business office locations, the staff whilst working with the various security networks. He /she will ensure that the guards and drivers are proficient and trained in their respective role and duties. Monitoring and supporting Programmatic work ensuring all staff and volunteers operate within Christian Assist’s Security protocols.
- External: Networking closely with other agencies roofing security; with partners and visitors.
- Internal: Line managed and reports to the Country Managing director and matrix managed by the Corporate Security Manager.Works closely with the whole Squad-programme and Administration Officers within the clearly defined responsibilities approved by his/her supervisor. Responsible in Line managing the guards and drivers.
- Budgetary / savings responsibleness: This will be in Line with programmatic work, there will be a budget for security and security equipment and preparation:
- Carry out all assignments by next policy and procedures established in business office and other relevant Christian Assist policies and procedures. Spending authorisation is only with prior approbation from supervisor.
- Security networking and alliance building skills.
- Daily/Weekly updates (depending on severity of security issues)to Country Managing director on security state of affairs roofing country security developments during the preceding daytime/7 days and making recommendations as appropriate.
- Instant reporting to Country Managing director on security issues or incidents affecting Christian Assist operations or involving staff, premises and assets whilst making recommendations taking proactive measures.
- Monthly reporting to Country Managing director on security state of affairs in overall country context related to the preceding month.
- Monthly calls with the Corporate Security Manager to update on the state of affairs and be if with guidance and advice.
- Be able to create critical security decisions/response during or after incidents.
- Able to carry out risk assessment and apply solutions emigrate against in country threats both to staff and the field programme
- Monitoring and reviewing security protocols for all Christian Assist offices and taking activity to address or improve them on a regular basis
- Incident reporting and analysis.
Developing Self and Others:
- Number of Direct reports – 2
- Overall people direction responsibleness – 2:
- The power to take security initiatives whilst beingness self-motivated to develop his/her security knowledge and skills
- Provide capacity building to the Security Officers, drivers,and guards and, regular security preparation / awareness /dates to Squad.
Role Related Checks:
- Tike protection clearance: Touchstone
- Counter terrorism screening: Required
Applied Skills / Knowledge and Expertise:
- Level in Social Sciences, Administration or Business
- Minimum of 3 years experiencein security and security direction/logistics in an international NGO.
- Field based experience in complex and insecure settings or relevant security abroad place
- Field based experience in complex and insecure settings or relevant security abroad place
- Sound understanding of Nigerian social and political context and its impact on security; good informed and knowledgeable in relation to global security trends and issues
- Power and willingness to modify work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the case of emergencies
- Fantabulous analytical skills
- Able to work effectively in a various squad environs
- Power to found and maintain effective working relations with relevant internal and external stakeholders, with sensitivity and honour for diversity
- Experience of people direction
- Power to effectively deal with the stress factor in security direction situations
- Good understanding of Nigeria’s security issues
- Experience in liaising with civilian, constabulary and war machine authorities authorities, as good as with regional, national and international institutions.
Digital / IT Competencies Required:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint – Intermediate
- Spider web content plan & evolution – Basic
- Internet based collaboration tools and video calling – Intermediate
- Social Media – NA
- Information Visualisation – Basic
Level 2: You are expected to be able to:
- Build partnerships:
- Take on different work when essential to accomplish a squad or organisational goal
- Actively consult with others to ensure you understand their needs or goals
- Take heed to and take on board fresh perspectives and views, fifty-fifty whether you initially disagree with them
- Maintain relationships with individuals and networks, based on mutual understanding and honour.
- Communicate effectively:
- Create complex things simple for the advatage of others
- Actively take heed and inquiry to cheque your understanding and draw out others when they are not expressing themselves clearly or seem to be holding dorsum
- Be sensitive to what others may be feeling, based on what they say, how they say it and their non-verbal behaviour, adapting your approach accordingly
- Address hard issues when they occur, beingness honest and open.
- Steward resources:
- Implement ways to trim back inefficiency in employment of resources or pass the ideas on to someone who can create them happen.
- Approximate the resources needed to accomplish your possess work plans or objectives and deliver them in the most efficient and cost effective way
- Set and communicate realistic timelines for achieving tasks, working out how best to adapt whether priorities modify or unexpected circumstances occur.
- Deliver results:
- Prioritise, programme and monitor your work to run across your possess and squad deliverables to agreed standards.
- Acknowledge others’ priorities whilst beingness prepared to say ‘no’ whether there are genuine reasons why their needs cannot be met.
- Employment logical processes and relevant tools and techniques to study on information or analyse options
- Create timely and considered recommendations or decisions based on analysis of available information, information and evidence.
- Realise potential:
- Evaluate your possess work and actively address gaps in knowledge and skills, without prompting
- Recognise how you react to feedback and care reactions positively, acting on specific feedback from others
- Part your knowledge where it will assist others to be to a greater extent effective
- Provide instruction, constructive feedback and guidance to others to assist them learn.
- Strive for Improvement:
- Constructively challenge existing exercise
- Seek superior ways of doing things, taking into account the possible implications.
- Create positive suggestions on a way forward when faced with challenges, fifty-fifty whether these autumn exterior the reach of your possess work
- Appear within and exterior Christian Assist for new ideas and evaluate their potential for your possess work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Sun, 23 May 2021 05:10:08 GMT