Job title: Nigeria M&e Associate At One Acre Fund
Job description: Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder ranchers with the agrarian administrations they need to make their homesteads endlessly more useful. Our 8,000+ group is drawn from different foundations and callings. With tasks across six center nations in Africa, we make ranchers more prosperous by giving quality homestead supplies using a credit card, conveyed inside strolling distance of ranchers’ homes, and farming preparing to further develop harvests. By and large, the ranchers we serve collect 50% more food in the wake of working with One Acre Fund.
We are selecting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria M&E Associate
Location: Minna, Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- As a developing association, we are continually working on our inside functional cycles. We are searching for an effect evaluator or field research proficient to join our group as a MEL Associate in Minna, Nigeria. Generally speaking, the MEL Associate will utilize information to persistently work on our tasks, and effect on our customers.
- You will utilize information to work on our activities, foster an appointee, and facilitate our examination exercises across various projects and teams.
- You will add to settle on educated choices for our drawn out methodology by working with authority and the MEL group in Nigeria. The MEL office at One Acre Fund works like an in-house research office and the outcomes are utilized as a matter of first importance to advise program choices and to thoroughly comprehend impact.
The essential responsibilities regarding this job would include:
- Goal–arranged overview configuration, field-testing of study instruments, and revision.
- Ensure effective information assortment and results.
- You will work with various colleagues, both from in-country divisions and worldwide OAF groups, to distinguish research objectives and draft study apparatuses to gather data for our yearly effect investigation and other key queries.
- Design research devices, for example, studies and compose examination plans.
- Oversee information assortment however subjective and quantitative methods.
- Conduct information investigation and compose reports to draw both early and last ends and results.
- You will lead MEL framework and cycle improvement, make a structure, and draft strategies for MEL project activities.
- Work with the field groups to guarantee MEL results and suggestions are perceived and acted upon.
- Mentor field staff on prescribed procedures in MEL execution through profession audits, field visits, gatherings, and preparing programs.
- Build limit with respect to examination staff on MEL plan and thorough analysis.
- Manage in-country MEL staff including Data Coordinator and Field Supervisors which support a group of 20+ Enumerators. This will incorporate the accompanying responsibilities:
- In–field the executives of significant level MEL exercises, so as to “awesome” quality standard.
- Quality–control and the board of information assortment processes.
- Oversee In–field circle back to errors.
- Oversee the employing and advancement of MEL staff.
- Update recruiting conventions, and use them to enlist top–quality information collectors.
- Conduct normal trainings to further develop abilities of information collectors.
- Manage staff underperformance.
- Potentially support the New Country Expansion (NCE) Team to enter another market, extending our geographic impression and expanding Impact at Scale
Carrier Growth and Development
- We have a solid culture of steady learning and we put resources into fostering our people.
- You’ll have week by week registration with your administrator, admittance to mentorship and preparing projects, and ordinary input on your performance.
- We hold vocation audits at regular intervals, and put away an ideal opportunity to talk about your desires and profession goals.
- You’ll have the chance to shape a developing association and construct a compensating long haul career.
Across all jobs, these are the overall capabilities we search for. For this job explicitly, you will have:
- Interested up-and-comers ought to have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Masters Degree in International Relations, Public Policy, Statistics or related field liked, yet not rigorously required
- 1 to 5+ long stretches of work insight, and a drawn out enthusiasm for global development.
- We are searching for exceptional possibility to assist with taking our association to higher degrees of impact.
- Relevant work encounters, for example, earlier field–based M&E or information assortment/research experience
- Academic or expert experience planning assessments/research and examining findings
- Data examination abilities (Excel (can perform complex capacities), knowledge of R/Stata or other comparative delicate wares)
- Ability to orchestrate a lot of information and distil down to fundamental findings
- Strong group the executives skills
- Enthusiasm for self-awareness and learning.
- Logical and organized mastermind with clear and convincing composed correspondence style.
- Experience building staff limit. Hierarchical, coordination range of abilities. Initiative involvement with work and an eagerness for learning and growth.
- The ideal up-and-comer ought to have no less than one year showed experience working in the creating scene, or be a country public from our program or operations.
- Languages: English (required), Hausa an additional advantage.
Preferred Start Date
- As soon as possible.
- Health protection, lodging, and complete benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified competitors should:
- Eligibility: One Acre Fund can uphold a work grant for this job. Nonetheless, nationals of (or those with a broad expert foundation and work history in) our nations of activity are preferred.
- One Acre Fund never requests that competitors pay any cash or pay for tests at any phase of the screening. Official One Acre Fund messages will consistently show up from a @oneacrefund.org address. If it’s not too much trouble, report any dubious correspondence here (email@example.com),but don’t send applications or application materials to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and hostile to bigotry are profoundly associated with our association’s central goal and reason. One Acre Fund tries to fabricate a culture where all staff feel reliably esteemed, addressed, and associated – so our group can flourish as experts, and accomplish excellent effect for the ranchers we serve.
- We are resolved to rise to business opportunity paying little mind to race, shading, lineage, religion, sex, public beginning, sexual direction, age, conjugal status, incapacity, sex, sex personality or articulation. We are glad to be an equivalent chance workplace.
Location: Minna, Niger State
Job date: Fri, 06 Aug 2021 01:26:42 GMT