Job title: Nigeria : Country Finance Officer – Niamey
Job description: Fixed-term | 6 Months | ASAP
Since 1993, as a global non-legislative association, ACTED has been focused on prompt philanthropic alleviation to help those in pressing need and secure individuals’ poise, while co-setting out longer term open doors for practical development and satisfying individuals’ potential.
ACTED tries to react to compassionate emergencies and fabricate strength; advance comprehensive and maintainable development; co-build successful administration and backing the structure of common society worldwide by putting resources into individuals and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s central goal is to save lives and backing individuals in addressing their requirements in difficult to arrive at territories. With a group of 4,600 public staff 400 worldwide staff, ACTED is dynamic in 38 nations and carries out in excess of 500 tasks a year coming to more than 20 million beneficiaries.
Present in Nigeria since 2017, ACTED groups are supporting uprooted and struggle influenced populaces in the North-East of the country, around Maiduguri, with a coordination office situated in Abuja. The NGO gives crisis help to the most weak populaces through an assortment of exercises, for example, building crisis covers, distributing non-food things, aiding the administration of camps for dislodged people or offering strategic help just as data the executives administrations to the philanthropic community.
You will be in control of
1. Bookkeeping and depository Management
Accounting the board – administer the bookkeeping cycle for the mission :
- Ensure ideal and precise information passages in cashbook, bankbook and SAGA observing the standard portrayals characterized in ACTED’s Global Finance Procedure Manual;
- Verify and facilitate the month to month aggregation accounts from each area;
- Supervise money and bank balance checking measure when shutting the month to month accounts;
- Communicate accounts consistently to HQ, regarding SAGA strategies and cutoff times in accordance with the month to month bookkeeping plan according to ACTED’s Finance Procedures;
- Manage the show, dissemination, recording of vouchers and chronicling of bookkeeping and monetary archives in consistence with FLAT and Finance systems (keep an exceptional documenting follow-up: A8.01_Red Cell Game); Review on an irregular premise quality and consistence of documentation from regions when centralizing;
- Supervise the Yearly and Midyear Accounting Closures for both General and Analytical Accountancy perspectives (V1 and V2).
Treasury the executives – guarantee a controlled and smooth money the executives :
- Ensure defended bank choice interaction, open/close financial balances under the authority of the CEO;
- Oversee the administration of ledgers: control, follow and ensure streams are appropriately lettered (progresses, moves, and so on), check adjusts and avocations, approved visas; Report to HQ through the streams detailing apparatus A1_PRATIC;
- Supervise the administration of safes and money: accessible sum, balance checks, security instructions;
- Assess month to month income needs for activities and zones, fill and offer the structure A4.01_Cash Request on the fifteenth of each month;
- Manage cash moves, regions cash-supply and sums available for use, while characterizing installment methodology (bank move, check, cash etc.);
- Make sure givers are invoiced on schedule and report it through the device A4.04_ATROCE, consent to great practices depicted in the Money In Acted HOUse Plan (MIAHOU).
2. Responsibility of consumptions, spending control, and Financial Management
Commitment of use – assurance spending accessibility and consistence to ACTED and contributor’s strategies prior to delivering installments:
- Collect visas of approved staff individuals, set-up responsibility roof in neighborhood monetary standards, characterize techniques and timescales for payment;
- Before responsibility/installment of any use, check approval levels, spending accessibility, spending line on which the cost is to be dispensed to, guaranteeing full consistence with ACTED and givers procedures:
- In close coordination with the Country Logistics Manager (CLM) or same, arrange terms of agreements including installment plan and charges commitments; guarantee that acquisition methodology are clung to; Follow-up responsibilities and installments through the instrument A7.02_Contract Follow-Up (CFU); Ensure monetary, consistence and spending control focuses during Purchase Committee gatherings; survey lucidness between orders, citations/offers, buy orders, call for delicate documentation, obtainment reminder, contract, solicitations, receipts, works/administrations fulfillment declarations; Check the recipient’s capacity to embrace payment;
- In close coordination with the Admin Team, guarantee that staff contracts are in accordance with ACTED standard compensation matrix, accessible spending plans and guidelines; propose pay frameworks amendments dependent on benchmarks, public enactment and spending requirement; survey and approve the finance on the 25th of each month;
- Validate accomplice’s bookkeeping and documentation precision and consistence before payement.
Project financial plan follow-up, mission’s expense control, inward and outside reviews – expect and alleviate monetary dangers guaranteeing activities are run in a consistent and cost-proficient way :
- Lead Budget Follow-Up (A7.01) and Allocation Tables (A5) union process;
- Analyse/report holes between arranged financial plans and real costs; go along to the adaptability rule;
- Anticipate monetary dangers, present spending updates and moderation plans during FLAT meetings;
- Analyse and report month to month running expenses, armada and correspondence of every space (A6.01-04)
- Prevent and report any monetary and operational misfortune (A6.01 ACT follow-up);
- Submit to HQ every one of the additions of the interior monetary subsequent announcing device (TITANIC) by the fifteenth of each month;
- Follow-up Exit Forms for worldwide staff and ensure they are shipped off HQ once validated;
- Take the lead on outer review readiness in help to the country consistence groups assuming any; Contribute to opening/closeout gatherings, reactions to review reports, suggestions’ execution plans.
3. Undertaking monetary cycle the executives
- Develop project spending plans and reports – guarantee the monetary practicality of tasks, regarding ACTED and givers’ principles and cutoff times :
- Gather data from the significant divisions to unite financial plans for project proposition as per project/mission needs and contributor imperatives; Propose adequate program and backing spending plans incorporating mission’s venture plans in close connection with country coordination;
- Review and arrange terms of award contracts before signature (installment and monetary revealing timetable, utilization of HQ cash-pooling framework, etc.);
- Plan, combine, draft and crosscheck with Project Development Department (PDD) monetary reports when required (ad’hoc, between time and last), regarding legally binding cutoff times and rules like adaptability, qualification and liquidation period, etc.;
- Follow-up installments from givers and monetary venture close-out (contract liquidation).
4. Group initiative and different undertakings
- Update the association diagram and ToRs of the account and organization divisions (if pertinent) as per the mission development;
- Oversee the group, plan and direct money staff enlistments, embrace examinations, follow vocation the executives, distinguish staff with potential and add to ACTED inside versatility strategy; Ensure preparing and limit working for account colleagues of ACTED and Partners to expand the degree of specialized capacity and skills;
- Actively advance solid and organized verbalizations with all groups (Logistics and PDD specifically); Represent ACTED with significant account and administrator networks at country level;
- Improve data streams inside the office and with other departments;
- Plan field checking missions;
- Perform some other related exercises as relegated by quick supervisor.
- Master’s certificate least in Finance or related area;
- 1+ year of strong involvement with monetary administration and observing frameworks, ideally of enormous development
- programs, conceivably supplemented by scholarly expertise;
- Excellent monetary and scientific skills;
- Excellent correspondence and drafting abilities for successful covering program monetary performance;
- Ability to deal with a monetary/observing group and exhibit leadership;
- Ability to screen and assess monetary and checking abilities of networks through limit building
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse climate requiring flexibility;
- Familiarity with the guide framework, and comprehension of benefactor and legislative requirements;
- Prior information on the district an asset;
- Fluency in English required – capacity to convey in neighborhood dialects an asset;
- Ability to work Microsoft Word, Excel and Project Management software
- Salary characterized by the ACTED compensation matrix relying upon schooling level, mastery, security level and experience
- Living remittance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food gave in the ACTED Guesthouse/or lodging stipend (contingent upon the agreement lenght and nation of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in control by ACTED
- Provision of clinical and bringing home insurances
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 22:13:37 GMT