Job title: NIGERIA – COUNTRY DIRECTOR (H/F) – MAIDUGURI and ABUJA
Company: Solidarités International
- Job number: SRH04296
- Domaine de skill: Regional Coordination/Head of Mission
- Statut: Salarié
- Type de poste: Overseas missions
- Country: Nigeria
- Contract Type: Short term contract
About the mission…
Desired beginning date: 13/09/2021
Duration of the mission: 12 Months
Location: Nigeria, Maiduguri, Abuja
SI is available in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is at present working in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, Dikwa) with outreach limits across all BAY States through its crisis part. Current coordination is situated in Maiduguri while a portrayal office is set up in Abuja.
In 2020, SI opened a base in Zamfara State to begin Emergency Response in North West where the security and helpful circumstance has been decaying in the previous few years.
Security and compassionate circumstance in both North East and North West just as pandemic flare-ups keep on influencing a large number of live in those areas.
SI is reacting to the philanthropic requirements of dislodged populaces and host networks through Wash, Shelter and NFI, FSL and Emergency exercises. Through essential organization, SI additionally advances coordinated methodology with wellbeing and insurance sectors.
The yearly spending plan of the mission is around 9 million euros in 2020 and the mission has potential for improvement in its present space of mediation just as in the North Western piece of Nigeria where restricted entertainers are right now present.
The mission is completely staffed inside 18 and 20 global and 220 public personals with a wide scope of profiles chipping away at 5 operational bases: Maiduguri, Dikwa, Ngala and Monguno in Borno State, Gusau in Zamfara State.
Security setting is trying in both North East (Borno) and North West (Zamfara), Nigeria, advocating explicit courses of action. Contingent upon development of the security circumstance, admittance to the profound field change from restricted to none.
About the job
The Country Director is the Solidarités International’s true agent in a country.
- S/He is accountable for the smooth running of the mission.
- S/He proposes mission technique, as per the international and helpful setting, and guarantees its execution whenever it has been validated.
- S/He screens projects, guaranteeing that they are advancing as per the Solidarités International sanction and consenting to inward and authoritative procedures.
- S/He activates the material and monetary assets essential for the projects to run viably and oversees the organization of these resources.
- S/He arranges the groups set up and guarantees their security on the mission.
- S/He is the immediate contact for Solidarités International HQ.
- Coordination and vital orientation:
- Relevance and operational quality/tasks monitoring
- Resource management
- Human Resource Management (20 expats and 190 public Staffs)
- Relationships with monetary contributors/store raising
- Internal and outside communication
- Advocacy on key issues
Priorities for the 2/3 first months
- Follow-up on the execution of new objective organogram and Limited Access Programming methodologies
- Continuous setting observing, update and implementation of safety conventions and access management
- Develop associations with new donors
- Develop SI reaction in NW following the new opening of Gusau base in Zamfara state
- Focus on HR set-up conclusion and inside correspondence/systems, to keep on improving mission execution, structure.
- Focus in work space and group building
- Roll-out of the 2022 operational methodology that will be settled in September 2021
- Development of existing/new associations with other philanthropic entertainers, incorporating associations with Health and Protection actors
- Implementation and follow-up of the proposals made by inner/outer examiners to guarantee full consistence of the mission operations.
ORG CHART POSITION (detailing and useful relationships)
Line director: HQ Desk Manager
Functional supervisor: Head of HR Expatriate Manager (HQ) for significant HR issues
Line report(s) on bases:
- Direct Management: 2 Regional Field Coordinators for North East, 1 Area Coordinator for North West, HR Co, Fin Co, Log Co, Security Co, Deputy CD (Programs), Grants Coordinator, Conformity and Compliance Coordinator. The mission is likewise considering the enlistment of a Deputy CD Support to restrict the quantity of Coordinators under direct supervision
- Indirect Management: 18 expats/220 National Staffs
- Master Degree in helpful/advancement examines, sociologies, the board or other related discipline.
- Minimum 4 years abroad experience working with a worldwide philanthropic/improvement NGO, with huge program, group and monetary administration experience;
- Minimum 2 years in a comparable position
- Experience of working and overseeing security in profoundly unpredictable security contexts
- Proven the executives capacity, including capacity to spur and foster abilities of group’s individuals. Should have the option to settle on strong administration choices in tough spots and furthermore have the option to work in a participatory way with colleagues.
- Previous experience and accomplishments in dealing with a consortium and solid associations with different NGOs (MoUs, exchanges, administration… )
- Proven capacity to manage givers and operational partners.
- Proven capacity to foster adjusted helpful vision and strategy.
- Experience working with SI (or a comparable association) is an asset
- Prior experience in Nigeria would be considered as an asset
Skills and Qualities
- Strong information on givers’ strategies and guidelines;
- Strong information on the undertaking cycle management;
- Strong information on principled-based methodologies and backing skills;
- Excellent correspondence, organizing abilities, authoritative and prioritization abilities, capacity to multi-task
- Excellent revealing and composing skills
- Capacity to adjust and show hierarchical flexibility
- Cross social affectability and extraordinary group player
- Mature and strong leadership
- Fluent English is a must
- Computer education with awesome order of MS Office
SI will offer you
Salary: According to encounter, beginning from EUR 3300 gross each month (EUR 3000 base compensation + 10% yearly leave stipend paid monthly)
Monthly Per Diem: USD 600
SI takes care of convenience expenses and travel costs between the ostracize’s nation of home and the mission.
- 1 break of 7 working days each 3 months
- 1 three day weekend for each worked month.
These days off, just as the breaks, are not deducted from the paid leaves that are paid each months with your compensation: they are offered by SI.
Social and clinical cover:
Expatriates profit by a protection bundle which repays all medical care costs (counting clinical and careful costs, dental consideration and ophthalmological costs, bringing home) and a government assistance framework including war hazards. Fundamental inoculation and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Please note that this is an ostracize position.
The Country Director is obviously situated in Maiduguri, where all the coordination group and the Deputy Country Director for Programs are based.
In Maiduguri the base offers an agreeable climate, despite restricted developments outside of the compound for security reasons. The Guest House offers great day to day environments, with private room and washroom and shared and agreeable regular spaces. Power and web are accessible at the workplace and at the GH consistently. Volley-ball and badminton court, ping pong, and some rec center gear are accessible in the GH. All fundamental great (food, cleanliness and so forth) can be purchased locally in the little shops around the workplace, or in the pre-approved grocery store. There is a decent public activity in Maiduguri, despite the fact that it has been eased back somewhere around the Covid-19 setting. Visits to different NGOs are conceivable, just as some pre-approved spots City Star café, ICRC Lezzy Lizard bar.
A huge and customary portrayal of SI in Abuja stays fundamental, about the half his/her time, for coordination purposes, contributor relations, security arranging, support and authoritative reasons.
If the competitor solicitations to be situated in Abuja could likewise be thought of. Nonetheless, at least half of his/her time ought to be spent in Maiduguri.
Life in Abuja is agreeable and safe. Abuja has great business sectors, great worldwide schools, elevated requirement clinical benefits, agreeable and safe housing.
Please note that SI unequivocally prescribes its staff to get the inoculation against COVID 19, utilizing WHO-endorsed antibodies. In the event that conceivable, the inoculation ought to be done before takeoff, to decrease the future strategic imperatives once on the field (organization of the second portion inside a specific time frame).
Please send us your CV AND Cover letter in English.
Please remember that we get a high volume of uses, which implies it can take us half a month to reach out to you.
If you are shortlisted, please not that SI’s enlistment interaction normally incorporates: a HR talk with, reference checks, composed test, specialized interview.
Eventually, if it’s not too much trouble, note that the opening may close before the deadline.
If you haven’t decided at this point, check our .
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State – Abuja, FCT
Job date: Sun, 06 Jun 2021 07:09:19 GMT