Job title: Networking Officer Job at Farm Radio International
Company: Farm Radio International
Job description: Farm Radio International – We are the lone global non-benefit association zeroed in on utilizing radio to help African cultivating networks help themselves. We make radio an amazing power for great in provincial Africa – one that offers information, enhances voices, and supports positive change.
We are enrolling to fill the position below:
Job Position: Networking Officer (Consultant – Nigeria – Part-Time – Remote)
Job Location: Nigeria
Term: Part-time Consultant, June 1 – September 30, 2021
- In cooperation with the Green Innovation Centers for the Agriculture and Food Sector program, the REGIS project works with radio broadcasts and different accomplices to explore, plan, convey and assess quality intelligent radio arrangement for ladies and men limited scope ranchers in four worth chains
. * Farm Radio International is working intimately with eight (8) radio broadcast accomplices and key partner bunches in the GIZ target states to plan and convey 24-week intelligent radio projects per esteem chain per state – for example Maize (Kaduna and Kano), Rice (Benue, Nassarawa and parts of Cross River States), Cassava (Ogun and Oyo) and Irish potato (Plateau) from November 2020 to April 2022 (year and a half).
- The fundamental point of the proposed intelligent radio writing computer programs is expanded information and take-up of improved procedures and developments by smallholder people ranchers adding to improved usefulness in different worth chains
- Farm Radio International is a Canadian association that has been working since 1979 to outfit the force of radio to address the issues of limited scope ranchers. We work with in excess of 1,000 radio associations situated in excess of 40 African nations to battle destitution and food insecurity.
- With the advantage of FRI assets and preparing, our telecom accomplices convey down to earth, important, and ideal data to a huge number of ranchers, including ladies ranchers. We likewise work with a scope of accomplices to carry out radio ventures that address explicit improvement difficulties and local area needs.
- In NIgeria, we are associated with in excess of 50 radio broadcasts. We might want to develop our organization, increment our commitment with our telecom accomplices, and backing our accomplices to utilize our assets and advantage from our learning opportunities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Under the oversight of the Network Coordinator
- Support existing radio accomplices to follow FRI’s web based learning modules, accessible at www.farmradiotraining.org, including our Gender Equality and VOICE Standards modules.
- Support Network Services in growing an organization of radio accomplices, including buying in new partners.
- Facilitate and moderate a WhatsApp bunch for radio accomplices, posting in important neighborhood dialects and urging accomplices to partake in their language of choice.
- Share FRI’s radio assets with broadcasting partners.
- Support accomplice stations to adjust and utilize radio assets and FRI’s services.
- With the help of the radio specialty official, plan a distant Broadcaster assets direction workshop to tell accomplice stations the best way to utilize and adjust FRI’s radio resources.
- Maintain normal contact with ladies and men broadcasters.
- Find approaches to incorporate telecasters that aren’t capable in perusing and writing in English and offer need to “underestimated” telecasters and radio stations.
- Contribute to improve the nature of radio stations with the assistance of radio resources.
- Motivate telecasters to feel pride in their work and to decidedly add to their communities.
- Degree in Journalism, Communication or a connected field or the same work insight in a pertinent field
- 5+ years experience in Radio or potentially Communication programming
- Experience with/information on Farm Radio assets and service
- Experience training/working with workshops considered an asset
- Strong limit with respect to working with conversations, especially online
- Excellent relational abilities, including composed and oral
- Excellent advanced abilities (Google suite, WhatsApp, Zoom, etc.)
- High level of English, both spoken and composed with fluency
- Proficiency in at least one nearby languages
- Understanding of, and experience with, sex correspondence and consideration issues
- Good information on the social, social, wellbeing, political and monetary scene and recent developments in every locale of the country
- Good information on radio production techniques
- Good knowledge of Farm Radio’s assets and services
- Ability to get and sort an enormous volume of information
- Ability to check the dependability of data and to spread it
- Ability to react to the particular necessities of individuals having a place with minimized groups
- Ability to comprehend and break down data on sex equality
Method of Application
Interested and qualified competitors ought to send CV and Cover Letter to: utilizing “Systems administration Officer, Nigeria” as the subject of the email.
- Farm Radio is a governmental policy regarding minorities in society business. Ladies, ethnic minorities and individuals from value looking for networks are firmly urged to apply.
- We welcome and energize applications from individuals with incapacities and facilities are accessible on demand for applicants partaking in all parts of the determination process.
- No calls please.
Location: Enugu, Enugu State – Abuja, FCT
Job date: Sun, 16 May 2021 03:18:20 GMT