Job title: Midwife Assistant At Premiere Urgence Internationale (pui)
Job description: Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-administrative, non-benefit, non-political and non-strict global guide association. Our groups are focused on supporting casualties of underestimation and prohibition, or hit by catastrophic events, wars and financial implodes, by noting their key necessities. Our point is to give crisis alleviation to removed individuals to assist them with recuperating their pride and recover self-sufficiency.
The PUI Nigerian Mission was authoritatively opened in April 2016, with an emphasis on gathering pressing compassionate requirements, including improving admittance to food wares for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host networks (HC), later adding Primary Health Care and Nutrition exercises. This underlying intercession was centered around populaces living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC) LGA. The reformist sectorial broadening permitted PUI to begin carrying out a coordinated programming from 2017 ahead in Bolori II sub-ward of MMC, in food security, vocations, sustenance, wellbeing, and Protection and Community Outreach (PCO), with the help of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in accordance with PUI’s worldwide system. In 2018, PUI additionally began MHPSS exercises. In equal, PUI is supporting the coordination components through the Logistics Sector by combining and shipping philanthropic accomplices’ payload subsidized by WFP since 2016.
We are selecting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Midwife Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Start Date: first June, 2021
Contract End Date: 31st July, 2021 (inexhaustible dependent on accessibility of funding)
- The birthing specialist associate will work under the bearing and oversight of an enrolled birthing assistant, inside the concurred arrangements/methods set somewhere around PUI, the birthing specialist is mindful and responsible for any choice to appoint the associate birthing specialist dependent on strong clinical judgment on doled out task/procedure.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Prepare all the material and hardware and guarantee that everything is prepared prior to beginning the activities.
- Perform fast assessment of wiped out pregnant ladies, including essential signs (beat, pulse, breath); and simultaneously discovering the historical backdrop of present and past sicknesses either from her or relatives.
- Assist Midwife to perform antenatal interviews including screening tests as indicated by the conventions, distinguish and notice all the danger factors
- Assist maternity specialist to lead conveyance as per the conventions, safeguards, cleanliness standards
- Assist birthing assistant to perform post pregnancy conferences during the a month and a half after the delivery.
- Observe changes in the state of ladies in ANC, work and report immediately to the midwife.
- Assist maternity specialist to perform family arranging discussions and advising as per protocol.
- Give deliberate prophylactic therapies to pregnant women.
- Verify the lockjaw inoculation of each pregnant woman
- Inform the birthing assistant about the state of a pregnant lady who may require speedy mediation before reference to a more elevated level of care.
- Assist the birthing assistants in clinical regions with obstetric crises and references as per PUI conventions and regulation.
- Assist the birthing assistant to revive a pregnant/post pregnancy ladies/infant before transfer
- Follow introductory evaluation done by a maternity specialist and proceed with care plan, attempt routine perception and report any irregularities to the midwife.
- Identify Sexually Gender-Based Violence casualties and team up with the clinical group for treatment.
- Explain plainly the finding and therapy to the patient and ensure that the patients conform to the treatment.
- Assist birthing assistants with confirmation and release of moms and babies.
- Support ladies with individual cleanliness as required.
- Monitor and measure liquid admission and yield and record on the chart.
- Takes exact imperative signs and archive on the graph and report worries to the midwife.
- Collect and mark examples as taught by maternity specialist and ship off the laboratory.
- Decontaminate instruments according to set norms, prior to shipping off the disinfection unit.
- Provide individual and gathering wellbeing instruction to patients concerning safe parenthood, care of the new conceived, IYCF (Infant and Young kid taking care of), Family Planning and general Sexual Health.
- Provide unhealthiness avoidance including MUAC and weight estimations of children.
- Providing data, passionate help, and consolation to ladies and their partners.
- Actively take part in the great union and coordination of the team.
- Participate in the development of waste administration as per the waste administration procedures.
- Ensure that all patients and their family members are dealt with similarly, with deference of moral and secret issues and as per Première Urgence Internationale chart.
Medical Data Collection and Reporting:
- Record precisely and on a discernible way, the clinical case the board, recipient data and intercession on wellbeing card (history taking, actual assessment, therapy, examination, and so forth) and patient enlistment book.
- Ensure a precise day by day use and following of epidemiological data.
- Participate in the day by day following of utilization of the medications and materials utilized from the clinical box.
- Participate in the week after week clinical measurement report in a joint effort with SRH Supervisor and the appointee program manager.
- Report to the director any issue particularly the hole/misfortune/burglary/harm of clinical gear or meds or any understanding and hierarchical issue.
- Ensure an unmistakable verbal and composed hand over at each finish of the shift, with accentuation on explicit events.
- Adhere to the administrator concerning work plans, record keeping, patient correspondences, re-loading of important medications, consumables and other items.
- Participate in some other exercises like immunization, overview as per the necessities and as directed
- Participate effectively in gatherings when required.
- Inform the immediate boss of the different needs.
- Maintain the work space in a perfect and satisfactory state.
- Comply with PUI security strategies at all times.
- Remain mindful of the security circumstance in office and facility areas consistently and give criticism to the wellbeing program manager.
- Perform other related obligations and obligations as required direct supervisor.
- Be accessible for any emergency.
The assignments and duties characterized in this opening declaration are non-comprehensive and can advance contingent upon the venture’s needs.
Priorities of the Department
- Assessment on recipients in danger and determined people to have transmittable and non-transmittable infections or different illnesses of general wellbeing applicable and treat him.
- Assessment on pregnant and lactating ladies, conceptive age ladies to recognize hazard factor
- Build the limit of the local area Health laborers, attendants on topical identified with sexual and regenerative health
- Provide successive input on wellbeing – disease designs saw in the phcc that require further assessment
- Report to line chief intermittently in regards to setting changes that influence the methodology of intervention.
- The Tasks and Responsibilities characterized in this opportunity declaration are non-thorough and can advance contingent upon the undertaking’s needs.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Recognized Midwifery Degree or be a Community Health Extension Worker (CHEW) qualified under the Nigerian Health Care Legislation.
- Minimum of 1 year of involvement with Midwifery or SRH particularly in maternity.
- Work experience with other ngo’s eventual an asset.
- Good Command in english (Speaking, Reading and Writing) and conversant in nearby dialects (Hausa and Kanuri).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical information about utilization of clinical equipment
- Good capacity for group work
- Good information about Ante Natal Consultation and Post Natal Consultation.
- Good group spirit
- Compliance to work under supervision.
- Interests: Working in Humanitarian relief.
- Excellent correspondence, struggle tackling and tact abilities to oversee relationship in possibly tense situations
- Strong inspiration to help individuals in need
- Ability to settle on choices and to practice authority when required
- Understanding of the political circumstance in the area
- Ability to investigate and propose upgrades of the activities
- Ability to adjust or change needs as per the changing circumstance inside a mission or the association itself
- Well coordinated and hard worker
- Able to oversee pressure and pressure
- Able to check legitimacy of data, coherent thinking
How to Apply
Interested and qualified up-and-comers ought to:
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Job date: Wed, 19 May 2021 04:53:17 GMT