Alliance for International Medical Action
Task title: Medical Medical Professional Recruitment at Alliance for International Medical Action
Company: Alliance for International Medical Action
Task description: The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was developed in 2009 by specialists of humanitarian medication. ALIMA’s objective is to provide treatment in emergency situation scenarios or medical disasters.
We are hiring to fill the position listed below:
Task Position: Medical Medical Professional
Task Locations: Maiduguri, Borno and Yobe
Project: North Yobe Project
ALIMA in Nigeria
- The humanitarian crisis in Nigeria’s northeast and the Lake Chad area is among the most extreme continuous crises on the planet, now going into in its ninth year and reveals no indication of easing off.
- In 2021, a minimum of 8.7 million individuals require immediate humanitarian help in the worst afflicted states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe. As much as 5
1 million individuals risk being seriously food insecure throughout the next lean season (June – August 2021), a level comparable to 2016-2017 when starvation was towering above Borno State * Nigeria is now dealing with a 2nd wave of COVID-19 infections. Borno, Adamawa, Yobe states have actually taped brand-new cases. Help stars are magnifying actions and avoidance steps
- Regardless of obstacles consisting of humanitarian area reduction, help employees had actually currently supplied around 5 million individuals with life-saving help in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states in 2020.
- Dispute, explosive residues of war and insecurity have actually cut individuals off from their primary ways of livelihoods-farming and fishing. This triggers significant food insecurity in north-east Nigeria, which COVID-19’s results on earnings have actually intensified: regardless of excellent crop yields, food insecurity is increasing. Findings of the October2020 Cadre Harmonize (CH) analysis predicted that about 5.1 million individuals in the 3 states will be food-insecure in the lean season in between June and August 2021– a 19% and 34% increase on the 2020 (after COVID-19 June CH Update) and 2019 figures respectively. According to the Nutrition and Food Security Security Round 9, performed in October 2020, the level of intense poor nutrition increased in all the 3 states compared to 2019. International intense poor nutrition (GAM) rates of 10.7% were taped in Borno, 7.5% in Adamawa and 13.6% in Yobe. According to the study, a number of LGAs had high pockets of worldwide intense poor nutrition of above the 15% limit (emergency situation stage), consisting of Gubio, Magumeri, Mobbar and Bayo in Borno State and all LGAs in northern Yobe. Motion constraints and insecurity continue to hinder the ability of IDPs, returnees and the host neighborhoods to gain access to fundamental services, incomes, and land for farming and grazing. This suggests that more individuals will depend on humanitarian help to make it through in 2021.
- In 2017, ALIMA continued to implement jobs in Muna Garage in Jere LGA, where ALIMA carries out basic assessments for kids under 5 and supplies Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) to pregnant and breast feeding ladies (antenatal and postnatal assessments). An Outpatient Restorative Feeding Program (OTP) is likewise available for kids under 5 struggling with extreme intense poor nutrition (SAM) in the center, where ladies and caretakers are trained to screen their kids for poor nutrition utilizing the MUAC tape.
- In Maiduguri MC, where ALIMA is operating in partnership with the University of Maiduguri Mentor Healthcare Facility (UMTH), the Inpatient Restorative Feeding Center (ITFC) handles kids under 5 struggling with SAM with medical issues in a 50-bed capability building.
- In December 2020, ALIMA performed a requirements assessment study in the north of Yobe where a high level of intense poor nutrition was taped by nutritionsector The outcomes of this study triggered ALIMA to open a nutrition and health project covering the Kasasuwa LGA, among the most afflicted LGAs and where there was a space. This project began in Might 2021 and fund by ECHO objective to support Karasuwa health facilities and improve access to nutrition and health services consisting of pediatrics health care and reproductive health.
- ALIMA likewise support COVID-19 vaccination in Borno and Yobe with concentrate on a lot of vulnerables.
- In parallel ALIMA is opening an emergency situation nutrition project in Katsina state and is present is Owo state given that 2018 for Lassa fever reaction and research study.
- Line Manager:
- Medical Reference & Project Planner
- Line Management:
- Nutritional Expert
- Assistant Nurse
- To supervise the general management and make sure the smooth running of medical activities, consisting of the guidance of nurses, nurse assistants and paramedic assistants, in order to make sure 24/7 excellent quality nursing care of clients confessed in ALIMA health program, in partnership with the medical professionals and appreciating a procedures & standards.
- Apply medical knowledge and abilities in medical diagnoses and avoidance of disease. Perform outpatient and inpatient assessments, and recommend the needed treatment while appreciating ALIMA procedures in designated responsibility station
- Keep the client and/or his/her household notified about the disease and provide suitable descriptions about the treatment to follow, make sure patients/relatives have clear understanding of the available treatment alternatives and their ultimate results.
- Follow up the advancement of the hospitalized clients, through everyday sees, assessments and assessments, recommending the needed treatment while appreciating ALIMA procedures, choosing whether they can be released or moved to other departments– in partnership with other medical professionals- and notifying their household about the client’s advancement.
- Make sure correct documents in the client file consisting of the especially the last diagnostic at discharge that will be taped in praxis.
- Go to continuous training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to enhance the quality of care.
- Knows and guarantees all ALIMA medical procedures are followed and carried out, examining universal preventative measures are followed at all times and decreasing bio-hazard dangers and enhancing infection control. Makes sure expert privacy is appreciated.
- Assists or Performs Emergency situation Obstetric surgical treatments (MVA, C-section, Exploratory Laparotomy and so on) under guidance of the OBGYN and in accordance with MSF procedures. Prepares the personnel notes after each intervention.
- As appointed in the lineup, conduct staff health centers (staff and dependents), in accordance with ALIMA Nigerian staff health policy while appreciating ALIMA treatment standards.
- Event report associated to nursing activities will be registered in an unique book.
- Regular Monthly data collection for client recommendations, client education sessions, medical professional and nurse assessments, and missed out on consultations
- Regular Monthly data collection on variety of dressings done.
- Participation at weekly medical and project conferences
- Cover the space of coworkers Medical professionals when needed in the project.
- Any other task as considered needed by the manager however in line with general task duties.
- Execution of avoidance steps versus abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Makes sure that his/her team, partners and neighborhood members know ALIMA’s policy and have access to details (grievance escalation system, centerpiece …).
- Assists in the company of training and awareness sessions.
- Executes requirements associated with the avoidance of abuse of power, gender-based violence and sexual violence.
- Guarantees that team members and partners associated with the project (Ministry of Health, nationwide partners, and so on) follow training and awareness sessions and use the guidelines for avoiding abuse.
- Adds to producing and keeping a nurturing and protective environment for his/her team, neighborhood members and project partners.
- Important – Degree in medication (Medical professional) is compulsory
- Diploma in Tropical medication, nutrition and paediatrics will be an asset
- Important – 2 years of experience in tropical medication, Nutrition and inpatient health care setup, pediatrics and or ITFC management experience in dispute or IDPs setup
- Computer system literacy (Word, Excel, outlook)
- Important – 5 yearsof experience in appropriate tasks, in ALIMA or others Medical NGO’s in establishing nations.
- Have at least 3 years’ practice experience in management of Nutrition, Health and Sexual Reproductive Health
- Have experience of operated in difficult/insecurity area
- Tactical vision
- Individuals Management
- Team effort, versatile
- Knowledge of management of drug store
- Training abilities
- Well arranged and excellent settlement and communication skill
- Interest in and commitment to ALIMA’s activities, interest to represent the company to others, to take a trip to various areas of Nigeria
- Fluency in English, (composed and spoken) is compulsory and Kanuri, Hausa and Fulbe are assets.
N400,000 – N500,000 Month-to-month.
Technique of Application
Intrigued and certified prospects need to send their Cover letter, CV, Coloured Image, Qualifications with Contact Information (all in the very same file) to: utilizing the Task position as the topic of the mail.
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we book the right to close the offer prior to the term at first showed if an excellent application achieves success.
- Just complete applications will be taken into account.
- Just accepted applications will be called.
- Female prospects are highly motivated to use.
- Just effective candidates will be required interview.
- No financial deals, neither needs of favours in kind, nor other kinds of favouritism will be endured in the recruitment process.
Anticipated salary: Remuneration is Attractive
Area: Borno – Yobe
Task date: Thu, 19 May 2022 23:24:25 GMT
#Medical #Doctor #Recruitment #Alliance #International #Medical #Action.