Job title: Logistics Officer At Mercy Corps Nigeria
Job description: Mercy Corps is a main worldwide association fueled by the conviction that a superior world is conceivable. In misfortune, in difficulty, in excess of 40 nations all throughout the planet, we accomplice to set striking arrangements in motion – assisting individuals with winning over affliction and assemble more grounded networks from the inside. Presently, and for the future.
We are selecting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports Directly to: Operations Coordinator
Works Directly with: MEL, Programs, Finance and Operations team
- Mercy Corps has been available in Nigeria since December 2012, zeroing in its mediations on young adult young ladies’ strengthening, financial turn of events and struggle mitigation.
- In mid-2014 Mercy Corps has chosen to address the rising helpful necessities among uprooted families and weak host networks in upper east Nigeria and began its compassionate program.
- With subsidizing from philanthropic givers including OFDA, FFP, EU and ECHO the helpful program has been zeroing in on food help, non-food things distribution, insurance, jobs backing, WASH and limit working of philanthropic reaction actors.
- All Mercy Corps intercessions in Nigeria are carried out in a contention and sexual orientation delicate manner.
General Position Summary
- The Logistics Officer gives everyday help to the program activities in Maiduguri the upper east, under the immediate oversight of the Operations Coordinator situated in Maiduguri.
- As part of his/her obligations, the Logistics Officer will embrace undertakings under warehousing, product following, resources the executives, organization, coordinations and security working in close joint effort with all Mercy Corps staff in Nigeria program.
- S/he will instantly and viably offer all necessary help to programs so to convey the help to recipients in a convenient, agreeable and straightforward manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Read and has an unmistakable comprehension of the Mercy Corps Asset Management Manual and all procedures;
- Assists the Asset Controller with resource the board. Distinguish resources over the span of acquisition and tell the Asset Controller on receipts of assets;
- Participates in standard resources stock and checks.
- Maintain the resource records for the field office and liaise with Abuja for a brought together resources inventory
- Ensure every one of the things purchased that fall under the Asset classification as per MC Policies are appropriately enrolled on the Asset Register with all the necessary information
- Maintain a softcopy and manual documenting arrangement of the Asset Register for Maiduguri Office
- Liaise with all staff on Assets Management, development and screen if the register is appropriately kept up and matches with the softcopy.
- Ensure quarterly audits and actually crosscheck the Asset Register with the resources for guarantee the resource labels are accessible on the resources and update the resources condition – deterioration if applicable
- Advise Operations Manager Maiduguri on any wrecked, harmed or obliterated equipment.
- Read and has a reasonable comprehension of the Mercy Corps Fleet Management Policy Guidelines;
- Support the profound field Operation Officers in armada the executives and ready to step in this role
- Ensure that all vehicles are protected and street commendable and have legitimate locally available vehicle documentation.
- Maintain managerial vehicle documents for each vehicle.
- Continuous following of vehicle log-sheets; answerable for month to month aggregation of fuel consumptions.
- Schedule vehicle uses to meet automatic and operational requirements by keeping up vehicle development board day by day. Administer and guarantee legitimate utilization of the vehicles.
- Oversee fuel utilization buy and following incorporating coordination with a gas station(s)
- Organize normal assistance plans for vehicles and keep up help plan files.
- Ensure significant fixes are done in a convenient manner.
- Track vehicle costs as per the particular obtainment policy.
- File Monthly Vehicle Consumables sheet for every vehicle separately.
- Order and keep up load of extra parts and consumables.
- Manage drivers’ leave plans guaranteeing smooth activity of the fleet.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to guarantee legitimate following of drivers HR files.
- Ensure drivers are authorized and trained.
- Coordinate with drivers to guarantee ordinary vehicle interchanges is in place.
- Ensure safety efforts for vehicles like leaving, stockpiling of keys, crisis supplies, etc.
- Ensures that security episode reports are finished and documented including all vehicles’ connected incidents.
- Ensures that mishap reports are finished and filed.
- Conduct himself/herself both expertly and actually in such a way as to carry credit to Mercy Corps and to not imperil its philanthropic mission
- Read and has an unmistakable comprehension of the Mercy Corps Field Administration Manual and all procedures;
- Support the Administrative Officers in running workplaces and capacity and availability to step-in when required
- Establishes and keep up suitable recording frameworks for office correspondence. Get and dispatch mail, merchandise and equipment.
- Support that the workplace is run in an expert and dependable way including facilitating visitors and contact with outside agencies.
- Support that office has adequate office supplies.
- Support the administration of office consumables (office materials like writing material, cleaning and hygiene.
Warehousing and Commodity Management:
- Ensure that distribution center approaches are followed as portrayed in the arrangements and methodology manual
- Establish and keep up pipelines of provisions, direct item stockpiling and movement
- Ensure legitimate warehousing documentation and guarantee that ware following is in place
- Provide exact month to month reports across Maiduguri and all profound field offices.
Support to profound field workplaces:
- Provides backing to profound field workplaces, including transportation, armada and warehousing management
- Obtain exceptional status for the development of products and hardware to profound field workplaces including significant documents.
- To guarantee that compound watchmen stay a successful and believable deterrent;
- To oversee and keep up all security correspondences equipment
- Ensure consistence with security techniques and strategies as controlled by country leadership.
- Proactively guarantee that colleagues work in a safe climate and know about policies.
- Carries out different obligations as appointed by administrator. The Logistics Officer will act/herself both expertly and actually in such a way as to carry credit to Mercy Corps and to not endanger its philanthropic mission.
- As part of our obligation to hierarchical learning and on the side of our agreement that learning associations are more viable, proficient and applicable to the networks they serve, we anticipate that all team members should submit 5% of their opportunity to learning exercises that advantage Mercy Corps just as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Mercy Corps colleagues are required to help all endeavors toward responsibility, explicitly to our recipients and to global principles controlling worldwide alleviation and improvement work, while effectively captivating recipient networks as equivalent accomplices in the plan, checking and assessment of our field projects.
- Supervisory Responsibility: Technical help for all activities in the profound field workplaces and Security Company.
- Candidates ought to have a Bachelor’s Degree with in any event 3 years experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified up-and-comers ought to:
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Job date: Fri, 21 May 2021 04:38:41 GMT