Danish Refugee Council
Job title: Livelihoods Assistant
Company: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish global non-legislative association, which advances and supports sturdy answers for the issues looked by evacuees and inside dislodged individuals from one side of the planet to the other. DRC is available in excess of 30 clash domains all throughout the planet helping dislodged individuals with cover, food, pay creating exercises, and wide scope of other help. It is of most extreme significance for DRC to work in consistence with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management framework and public enactments. Smooth, solid and powerful functional frameworks are preconditions for DRC to keep up with its situation as a dependable and solid accomplice for our givers and a responsible association towards our beneficiaries.
DRC has been working in the West Africa locale for more than 15 years, running a blend of crisis, vocation, security and support programs through Country Offices (COs) in Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria and a Regional Office (RO) in Dakar. DRC has 17 workplaces and in excess of 500 staff individuals across the WA area. Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has had a functional presence in Nigeria since 2015, and has experience working in 33 Local Government Areas (LGAs) across the BAY states. DRC gives life-saving help and insurance to defenseless, struggle influenced populaces including IDPs, returnees, and have networks in the areas of equipped brutality decrease, vocations, nourishment and food security, assurance, cover and non-food things (NFI) and water, sterilization and cleanliness (WASH). The functional setting in northeastern Nigeria stays testing, as the continuous struggle obstructs struggle influenced networks’ admittance to what exactly restricted essential administrations are accessible, just as DRC and other helpful people’s admittance to people of concern.
DRC is looking for a submitted and capable Livelihoods Officer to join the Mubi Program situated in Michika. Intrigued people will report the Team Leader. The general reason for the job is helping with upgrading the occupations of recipients through the arrangement of business preparing, business awards backing, Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA), sustenance exercises, recipient data and abilities preparing while at the same time fostering the social union between have local area and IDPs.
The primary obligations and obligations will incorporate however not restricted to:
Supporting CVA, SME improvement and Agricultural Inputs Distributions
- Ensure recipients are screened, chosen and confirmed through utilization of created focusing on measures in functional areas.
- Provide job direction, on an individual or gathering premise, to expand recipients’ consciousness of various business choices dependent on market appraisal and recipient interests.
- Provide data to recipients about vocation and business advancement opportunities.
- Organize independent company preparing and business arranging exercises with beneficiaries.
- Provide data to recipients on abilities trainings, market openings, and little endeavor creation.
- Facilitate the execution of Cash Transfer projects and ward level; Unconditional/Conditional Cash Grants and Cash for Work
- Work with line director to get ready for business awards appropriations, other money dispersions and information sources distributions.
- Business warning, backing and checking through direction from line manager.
- Work intimately with government line services in the execution of undertaking activities.
- Support the association of trainings and different occasions identified with the project.
- Receive and convey merchandise dispatched from stockroom and guarantee all documentation is precisely finished in a responsible manner.
- Provide regulatory help if required.
- Submit week after week reports and add to accumulation of the month to month report and submit to line manager.
- Coordination of Ward level partners in interview with line manager.
- Keep side by side of all ward level partners and NGOs working in DRC functional locations.
- Ensure that convention is finished partner discussion at all phases of venture implementation.
- Work with networks to guarantee limited strains between IDP, Host Community and Returnees through straightforward and consultative execution approaches.
- Sensitize people group on project goals, recipient choice methodologies and timetables to stay away from miscommunication on project segments, destinations and recipients to benefit.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Work intimately with the observing group and the Livelihood Officer on the ideal observing and assessment, all things considered, – data, recipient determination, recipient criticism about exercises, etc.
- Robust observing of recipients who have gotten the first and second tranches of business awards to guarantee viable and productive utilization of the grant.
- Facilitate the subjective and quantitative observing of the task through group gatherings, visits to chosen recipients, standard announcing and some other checking tools.
- Participate in the interior assessment of the program.
The obligations recorded in the JD are not thorough and might be rearranged by functional necessities yet will stay in accordance with the general motivation behind the role.
Experience and specialized skills: (remember long periods of experience)
- Experience for Livelihood Programming and trainings.
- An comprehension of compassionate setting in the North East of Nigeria.
- At least 1 years working experience, in the field of Cash and Voucher Assistance is required
- Previous working involvement in philanthropic agencies
- Experience working with uprooted populations.
- Experience with case the board conventions desirable
Education: (incorporate testaments, licenses etc.)
University degree or progressed preparing/course in Business Administration, social science, social work, foreign relations, compassionate or related field
Languages: (demonstrate familiarity level)
Fluency in composed and communicated in English. Familiarity with nearby spoken languages
Key partners: (inner and external)
- Other program staff
- Relevant stakeholders
- Other NGOs
Salary and conditions: In agreement with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. The pay will be dependent upon legal allowances according to material Nigeria laws. The worker is liable for the assessment returns.
How to apply
The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.
- CV and Cover Letter showing and disclosing the reasonableness to the position applied.
- Provide contact subtleties (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 expert non-related references, though 1 should be for the most recent manager. Kindly don’t join any composed recommendations.
- Applications ought to be addressed to: “the Recruitment Manager”
- Are you intrigued? Then, at that point go after this job on line: www.drc.dk/about-drc/opening/current-opportunities. All candidates should send an introductory letter and a refreshed CV (no longer than four pages). Both should be in English.
- Only roused applications that address the specified obligations and meet the necessary capabilities, sent along with a CV, will be thought of. CV-just applications won’t be considered.
Deadline date. 13/08/2021
Applications sent/got after the cutoff time won’t be thought of.
- Only short-recorded candidates will be welcomed for composed test and oral interview.
NB: DRC Nigeria doesn’t charge any expenses for enrollment and doesn’t utilize any business mediator.
For general data about the Danish Refugee Council, if it’s not too much trouble, counsel:
Location: Michika, Adamawa State
Job date: Sun, 01 Aug 2021 04:59:09 GMT