Job title: Livelihoods Assistant At Danish Refugee Council (drc) – 4 Openings
Job description: Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish global non-legislative association, which advances and supports solid answers for the issues looked by exiles and inside dislodged individuals everywhere on the world. DRC is available in excess of 30 clash regions all throughout the planet helping dislodged individuals with cover, food, pay producing exercises, and a wide scope of other help. It is of most extreme significance for DRC to work in consistence with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management framework and public enactments. Smooth, dependable and compelling operational frameworks are preconditions for DRC to keep up its situation as a reliable and solid accomplice for our benefactors and a responsible association towards our beneficiaries.
We are enrolling to fill the position of:
Job Title: Livelihoods Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Type: National Contract
- DRC is looking for a submitted and equipped Livelihoods Officer to join the Borno Program. Intrigued people will report the Team Leader.
- The in general reason for the job is helping with improving the livelihoods of recipients through the arrangement of business preparing, business awards backing, Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA), sustenance exercises, recipient data and abilities preparing while at the same time fostering the social union between have local area and IDPs.
- The principle obligations and duties will incorporate yet not restricted to:
Supporting CVA, SME improvement and Agricultural Inputs Distributions:
- Ensure recipients are screened, chosen and confirmed through utilization of created focusing on models in operational areas.
- Provide vocation direction, on an individual or gathering premise, to build recipients’ attention to various business alternatives dependent on market appraisal and recipient interests.
- Provide data to recipients about occupation and business improvement opportunities.
- Organize independent company preparing and business arranging exercises with beneficiaries.
- Provide data to recipients on abilities trainings, market openings, and little venture creation.
- Facilitate the execution of Cash Transfer projects and ward level; Unconditional/Conditional Cash Grants and Cash for Work
- Work with line director to anticipate business awards conveyances, other money dispersions and information sources distributions.
- Business warning, backing and observing through direction from line manager.
- Work intimately with government line services in the execution of task activities.
- Support the association of trainings and different occasions identified with the project.
- Receive and appropriate products dispatched from stockroom and guarantee all documentation is precisely finished in a responsible manner.
- Provide regulatory help if required.
- Submit week by week reports and add to assemblage of the month to month report and submit to line manager.
- Coordination of Ward level partners in interview with line manager.
- Keep side by side of all ward level partners and NGOs working in DRC operational locations.
- Ensure that convention is finished partner counsel at all phases of undertaking implementation.
- Work with networks to guarantee limited strains between IDP, Host Community and Returnees through straightforward and consultative execution approaches.
- Sensitize people group on project targets, recipient determination approaches and timetables to stay away from miscommunication on project segments, goals and recipients to benefit.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Work intimately with the checking group and the Livelihood Officer on the convenient checking and assessment, all things considered, – data, recipient choice, recipient criticism about exercises, etc.
- Robust checking of recipients who have gotten the first and second tranches of business awards to guarantee successful and proficient utilization of the grant.
- Facilitate the subjective and quantitative checking of the venture through group gatherings, visits to chosen recipients, standard detailing and some other observing tools.
- Participate in the inward assessment of the program.
The obligations recorded in the JD are not thorough and might be corrected by operational necessities yet will stay in accordance with the general motivation behind the role.
Education, Experience and Technical Competencies (incorporate long periods of experience)
Education: (incorporate testaments, licenses and so on)
- University Degree or progressed Training/Course in Business Administration, social science, social work, foreign relations, philanthropic or related field.
- Experience in Livelihood Programming and trainings.
- An comprehension of compassionate setting in the North East of Nigeria.
- At least 1 years working experience, in the field of Cash and Voucher Assistance is required
- Previous working involvement in philanthropic agencies
- Experience working with dislodged populations.
- Experience with case the executives conventions desirable.
Languages: (show familiarity level)
- Fluency in composed and communicated in English. Familiarity with nearby spoken languages
Key partners: (inner and external)
- Other program staff.
- Relevant stakeholders
- Other NGOs
Salary and Conditions
- In agreement with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment, The pay will be dependent upon legal allowances according to pertinent Nigeria laws.
- The representative is liable for the duty returns.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified competitors should:
- CV and Cover Letter showing and disclosing the appropriateness to the position applied.
- Provide contact subtleties (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 expert non-related references, though 1 should be for the most recent business. Kindly don’t append any composed recommendations.
- Applications ought to be addressed to: “the Recruitment Manager”.
- The position title should be written in the headline of the email in any case not considered.
- Only persuaded applications that location the specified obligations and meet the necessary capabilities, sent along with a CV, will be thought of. CV-just applications won’t be considered.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.
- Applications sent/got after the cutoff time won’t be considered.
- Only short-recorded candidates will be welcomed for composed test and oral interview.
- DRC Nigeria doesn’t charge any expenses for enlistment and doesn’t utilize any business mediator.
- For general data about the Danish Refugee Council, if it’s not too much trouble, counsel: www.drc.dk.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Job date: Sat, 01 May 2021 01:15:31 GMT