Job title: Senior BMH Engineer
Job description: Requisition ID: 39341
Job Category: Applied science
With over 6 decades of business and technical experience in the mining, free energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond chop-chop with solutions that are smarter, to a greater extent efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive alter for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Volume Materials)
Looking to take the next stair in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer (Volume Materials Handling) to bring together our Projection Delivery Grouping (PDG) in Johannesburg.
PDG helps clients hit their business goals through a reach of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class projection delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering science and projection direction and interpretation disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and free energy sectors.
We care our clients’ entire projection lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Bring together our squad and go section of a community that strives for positive change-providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Participate in BMH plan teams for local and abroad based projects throughout all projection phases of evolution – from concept to particular
- Program, care and coordinate the mass stuff handling engineering science activities on big and/or technically complex portion of a projection and/or serve in an private contributor role as the stuff handling expert completing broadly defined and/or technically complex engineering science assignments
- Develop a thorough understanding of the projection requirements as they relate to orbit, execution strategy, cost and schedule
- Defines and develop the BMH work programme for insertion into the projection specific execution programme and develop and maintain the projection’s orbit of work documentation and revise as required during the plan evolution
- Ensure that lineament of engineering science work is carried out in accordance with projection and organizational standards, codes and full general knowledge of engineering science principles
- Ensure that all BMH work designed, manufactured and supplied complies with the relevant sections of the Occupational Health and Security Human activity (OHSA)
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of projection specific procedures
- Perform or provide supervision to relevant engineering science and plan activities on little and big projects that includes calculations, plant layout evolution, deliverable evolution and other engineering science documentation using standards and/or new methods as required
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of plan calculations for conveyors, feeders, bins, hoppers and other mass materials handling equipment
- Prepare orbit of work, technical specifications, information sheets and other documentation required for the provide, fabrication, installation and commissioning of new BMH equipment or systems
- Perform tender evaluations and recommendations to appoint suitable equipment suppliers, fabricators, erection contractors and technical consultants required to back up projects
- Back up the equipment evaluation and procurement activities during projection execution
- Coordinate and interface with equipment suppliers
- Review and approve vendor/fabricator store drawings
- Schedule, coordinate and participate in mechanical and multidiscipline plan and layout reviews
- Coordination, betwixt the BMH squad and other disciplines, of all activities beingness performed as the plan evolves to ensure lineament, cost and schedule requirements are met
- Monitor and guide plan/drafting tasks and oversee the internal checking required on all projection drawings/ Mentoring of designers and junior engineers.
- Participate in site based projection activities from initial site visits to installation and commissioning
- Applied science back up to installation, interpretation and commissioning teams with the occasional deployment as a commissioning resources when required.
- Participate in resolution of all technical issues related to the BMH discipline during projection lifecycle, including planning stage, plan, procurement, fabrication, interpretation and commissioning
- Active involvement in Hatch’s BMH global community of do and technical forums
- Maintain high level of knowledge of professional person and technical BMH developments
You convey to the role:
- B.Sc.Eng./B.Eng./PR.Tech. in mechanical engineering science or equivalent
- +8 years of increasing responsibleness and experience in the plan and interpretation of mass stuff handling and industrial facilities including detailed plan and drafting of stuff handling equipment.
- Experience as a Guide Volume Stuff Handling Engineer in Mineral Mining projects
- Experience in all stages of engineering science – from concept studies to detailed plan, installation and commissioning
- Experience in plant layouts
- Experience selecting mechanical equipment components for mass stuff handling systems including drives, bearings, pulleys, shafts, scales, and dust collection and suppression systems.
- Experience using plan software such as ‘Sidewinder’ for conveyor plan, and ‘Newton’ or ‘Rocky’ for discrete element modeling (DEM) of stuff flow.
- Experience in preparation of mass stuff handling and heavy plant equipment system drawings using Computer Aided Drafting and Plan software is required.
- Computer skills that include proficiency with Word, Excel, MathCad, and various analysis programs.
- Good knowledge of local and international codes and standards relevant to mass stuff handling plan work
- Knowledge of different stuff types and their behavior in different conditions is fundamental for plant and equipment plan
- Willingness to move for small term assignments/site visits – abroad and within Due south Africa
- Experience with the plan and/or surgical process of a port import/export facility
- Exposure to OEM equipment which includes rail motorcar tipplers, crushers, screens, vibrating feeders, stackers, reclaimers and shiploaders
- Surface and underground mining equipment production knowledge would be an reward
- Working knowledge of the OHS Human activity, MHS Human activity and other relevant security legislation.
Why bring together us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who create a difference
What we offering you?
- Flexible work surroundings.
- Long term career evolution
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers job applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or whatever other protected status. Whether you have whatever special needs requirements, please allow us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with relevant local legislation.
Expected salary: Remuneration is Appealing
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Job date: combine, 06 Oct 2021 05:07:54 GMT
#Senior #BMH #Engineer