Job title: Investment Director At Finca International
Job description: FINCA Ventures is a beginning phase sway contributing asset supporting social undertakings across sub-Saharan Africa. We make value interests in the Seed or Series An and B rounds of market-based trailblazers across businesses, including energy, farming, water and disinfection, training, wellbeing and monetary consideration. We see every one of our ventures through the viewpoint of how FINCA as an essential accomplice can assist them with developing more brilliant and quicker, and how the social undertaking makes our client portion stronger and more useful. We are one of only a handful few key corporate financial backers in the space, and we attempt to increase the value of our portfolio organizations by being associated with a worldwide microfinance banking organization (20+ nations, 10,000+ workers) and client base (~2M globally).
We are enlisting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Director
Location: Lagos, Nigeria Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience: Mid-Senior level
About the Job
- This position will be situated in Sub-Saharan Africa, with an inclination for East or West Africa**
- FINCA is recruiting an Investment Director, answering to the Managing Director. Competitors with experience in Global Health, Agriculture or Financial Inclusion are exceptionally urged to apply.
- In joining this group, you will have an instrumental job in forming the methodology behind FINCA Ventures, and in reinforcing FINCA’s job and effect in finishing neediness by supporting a-list social enterprises.
About the Role
- Lead all parts of the speculation interaction autonomously, including distinguishing and overseeing pipeline, screening openings, directing due tirelessness, arranging terms, and composing speculation notices, with oversight from the Managing Director.
- Develop area systems to illuminate speculation theses.
- Set and execute FINCA Ventures social effect procedure and drive proceeded with center around the social profit from interest into all parts of the firm.
- Structure ventures and lead arrangements with expected investees.
- Create and distribute thought administration and serve in apparent public confronting jobs as a delegate of the firm.
- Serve as the key contact individual for portfolio organizations, planning post-venture support and addressing FINCA Ventures on warning loads up and otherwise.
- Evaluate and refine the speculation cycle to guarantee the firm makes customary upgrades and follows through on all key functional milestones.
- Manage junior colleagues and assist with coaching other staff.
- Assist in gathering pledges exercises as the firm raises its first outer capital.
- Manage associations with outside funders, including USAID, other improvement offices, establishments and DFIs.
- Represent FINCA Ventures in the commercial center, building believed associations with central participants in the business venture and subsidizing landscape.
- Liaise with FINCA staff to guarantee portfolio organizations can best use the full FINCA resource base.
- Work intimately with portfolio organizations to get them follow-on capital and, in the end, on approaches to get FINCA Ventures fruitful exits.
The applicant should possess:
- Master’s level Degree in Business.
- Five to twenty years of involvement, including a mix of chief contributing (i.e., VC, PE, sway contributing), the executives counseling, venture banking, and business or startup experience.
- Significant time living and working in developing business sectors with significant openness to social entrepreneurship.
- Knowledge of important industry area patterns with experience in Healthcare, Agriculture and Financial Inclusion liked. At least one of the accompanying would likewise be helpful: WASH and technology.
- Key on the ground connections and organizations in developing business sectors to source bargain pipeline and backing existing portfolio companies.
- Superior insightful, quantitative, and business composing abilities with an exhibited capacity to convey speculation topics, and perform business examination, and market assessment.
- Strong project the executives abilities, especially the capacity to work and convey projects on schedule while working autonomously and under pressure.
- Demonstrated capacity to oversee and lead junior resources.
- Strong relational abilities with capacity present viably to a scope of partners and assemble rapport.
- Attention to detail and exactness, and extraordinary association skills.
- Self-initiator with pioneering attitude and capacity to work and prevail in a speedy, startup climate with restricted oversight.
- Cultural affectability with capacity to collaborate successfully with partners and outside accomplices from assorted foundations and multi-social environments.
- Genuine obligation to work with beginning phase and development organizations to construct adaptable and manageable social enterprises.
- Intellectual interest, determination, awareness of what’s actually funny, and innovativeness/free thought.
- Availability to travel 40% of the time from the East or West Africa home area location
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants ought to send their Resume and Cover Letter straightforwardly to the “FINCA Ventures Team” at: utilizing the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Location: Lagos, Lagos State
Job date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 00:32:31 GMT