International Rescue Committee
Task title: Humanitarian Gain Access To, Security & Security Officer – Monguno
Company: International Rescue Committee
Task description: Company description The International Rescue Committee (IRC) reacts to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and assists individuals to make it through and restore …
Task Advertisement & Profile Description
Position: Humanitarian Gain Access To, Security & Security Officer – Monguno
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) reacts to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and assists individuals to make it through and restore their lives. Established in 1933 at the demand of Albert Einstein, the IRC provides lifesaving and life-altering help to refugees required to get away from war or catastrophe. At work today in over 40 nations and 22 U.S. cities, we bring back security, self-respect and wish to millions who are rooted out and having a hard time to sustain. The IRC blazes a trail from damage to house.
IRC has actually been present in Nigeria given that 2012 when the company reacted to flooding in Kogi state. In early 2014, IRC opened a field workplace in Mubi town of Adamawa state in NE Nigeria followed by workplaces in Yola (Adamawa state) in November 2014 and Maiduguri (Borno state) in October 2015. IRC has ECHO, OFDA, and Gates funds to respond to humanitarian, nutrition, GBV, and WASH activities. In late 2014 and early 2015, IRC got extra funds from SV, SIDA, USAID, and UNICEF to perform education, kid security, basic security, emergency situation food circulations, shelter support, and NFI circulations to recently displaced IDPs. In late 2015 into early 2016, IRC got Swiss and UNHCR funds for extra emergency situation action humanitarian-focused programs in NE Nigeria. In July 2016, a dietary and food security crisis emerged in Borno state and IRC started a quick scale up of its program intervention because area consisting of startup of programs outside the state capital, Maiduguri. IRC prepares for ongoing growth beyond Maiduguri which needs extra security tracking and management to make sure that IRC teams stay safe as they enter into recently available locations of NE Nigeria.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direct guidance of the Humanitarian Gain Access To Security and Security Manager (HASSM) & the Senior Area Manager, the Humanitarian Gain Access To Security & Security Officer (HASSO) need to help HASSC to maintain, improve and expand principled humanitarian access to and by conflict-affected populations in Borno state through helping the application of humanitarian gain access to and security management strategies in compliance with IRC’s strategy and in line with humanitarian concepts, humanitarian requirements, Responsibility of Care and Gender Equality concepts.
The post holder will provide professional advice to all IRC entities based in Monguno LGA, the shared services system, to help HASSM to determine modifications and patterns in the humanitarian gain access to and security environment in the locations of operations and will make sure that sufficient and up-to-date policies and treatments remain in location and make sure individuals have the info they require to manage operations, to determine concerns, and to recommend and implement procedures to reduce them.
- Humanitarian Gain Access To Management
- Help HASSM to develop and implement humanitarian gain access to methods and techniques customized to regional contexts in field sites throughout his locations of operations in Monguno LGA.
- Work to make sure that IRC, its objective, and operate in the locations of operations is understood and accepted.
- Work to encourage stakeholders to deal with the IRC in making sure that staff and programs are safe and permitted to continue humanitarian activities in locations of operations in Monguno LGA.
- Help HASSM to provide technical input and advice in evaluations to consider brand-new IRC programs in brand-new geographical locations, and routine assessment examines for existing areas.
- Help in the continued development of Humanitarian Gain Access To Security and Security teams and activities throughout locations of operations in Monguno LGA.
- Help HASSM to manage and advise on the application and evaluation of customized approval methods.
- Improve IRC image and approval within the neighborhood and among stakeholders by offering guidance on inclusive presence methods.
- Deal with suitable IRC systems, consisting of HR, to make sure prompt and suitable follow-up to infractions of IRC’s Standard procedure, in addition to functional breaches to humanitarian concepts.
- Security and Security Risk Management
- Help HASSM to organize regular monthly Security Focal Group (SFG) Meeting.
- Deal With HASSM to develop, combine and implement running treatments and contingency strategies.
- Help HASSM to develop and maintain a network of IRC Security Centerpieces at each field workplace and program sites boosting gender balance.
- Maintain record of security trainings for staff.
- Guarantee replenishment of hibernation set, emergency treatment set.
- Update security event database frequently.
- Work carefully with HASSM to perform risk evaluations of contracted and potential workplaces and homes.
- Intermediary, networking, analysis
- Help the HASSM to establish and maintain relations and networks in MMC, Jere, Magumeri, Mafa, Konduga to facilitate understanding and affects on humanitarian gain access to environment.
- Help the HASSM to develop and maintain contact lists, stakeholder analyses and humanitarian gain access to profiles in area of responsibility
- Help HASSM on daily operations associated to humanitarian gain access to and intermediary with authorities and other entities for administrative and substantive staff, program and organizational requirements.
Context Comprehending and Reporting
- Screen open sources to gather, assemble and report info consisting of occurrences and patterns essential to humanitarian gain access to in area of responsibility in Monguno LGA.
- Work carefully with IRC field management teams to help HASSM to make sure all occurrences are followed up with an authorities composed report.
- Help HASSM to keep an eye on the operating environment, determine brand-new hazards, examine IRC vulnerabilities and recommend possible actions.
- Add to local-level dispute level of sensitivity analysis and macro- level analysis of patterns within Monguno LGA.
Training and Capability Building
- Help HASSM to build up the capability, awareness and readiness of staff to deal with security- associated dangers, hazards and occurrences through the delivery of high quality, routine trainings/ rundowns to nationwide and worldwide staff and IRC visitors when considered required.
- Render administrative support to HASSM in offering routine trainings for IRC staff on security readiness, avoidance and action. Training( s) might consist of SOPs; Contingency Plans (CPs); Security Management; Occurrence Reporting; Avoidance and Reaction Systems; and Communications.
Secret Working Relationships:
Reports to: Senior Area Manager/Humanitarian Gain Access To Security and Security Manager.
Other relationships: FC, SAM, Field and support operations and programs teams, regional authorities, and NGO equivalents.
Needed profile for task advertisement: Humanitarian Gain access to, Security & Security Officer – Monguno
- A University Degree or Greater National Diploma in Security Management/Disaster Management/Military Science/social sciences/ public administration/ International relations or a field associated to humanitarian work or risk management.
- Computer system abilities (consisting of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gain access to, and web)
- Proficiency in utilizing and keeping field-based interactions systems (HF, VHF radios and Satellite phones).
- Fluency in English (composed, spoken, understanding). Knowledge of regional north east language is extremely wanted.
- Training in Emergency Treatment and Fire Security.
- Qualified report composing abilities.
- Catastrophe management and action training.
- Experience in the security Clothing will be an included advantage
- 1-2 years’ security- associated experience with UN/INGOs running in the North East Nigeria either in security and security or logistics.
- Experienced and well-informed in security associated topics, danger/risk assessment, security management, and personal and organizational physical security awareness.
- Previous services with any of the Nigerian Disciplined forces will be a preferredadvantage Certificate of discharge will be needed as evidence.
- Proven experience of working efficiently in complex security environments and circumstances.
- Experience in establishing security associated technical tools, standards, and systems
- Ability to work carefully, expertly, and constructively with all others no matter nationality, ethnic culture, gender, faith, race, people, or cultural background.
- Sound judgment and the ability to under very little guidance
- Strong assessment, assessment, analysis and preparation abilities
- Social communication and shown written/ presentation abilities
- Shown ability to work under difficult conditions
- Shown knowledge of the historic and socio-political context of Nigeria.
- Versatility and ability to work long hours.
- The positions lies in Monguno Base Workplace and residents are motivated to use.
- Female Prospects are similarly motivated to use.
The IRC and IRC employees should comply with the worths and concepts laid out in IRC Method – Standards for Specialist Conduct. These are Stability, Service, and Responsibility. In accordance with these worths, the IRC runs and imposes policies on Recipient Defense from Exploitation and Abuse, Kid Safeguarding, Anti Work Environment Harassment, Fiscal Stability, and Anti-Retaliation.
Task requirements for task advertisement: Humanitarian Gain access to, Security & Security Officer – Monguno Task classification:
Health and social occupations
Social, public and human services
Irreversible contract – Fixed-term contract
Anticipated salary: Remuneration is Attractive
Area: Monguno, Borno State
Task date: Wed, 11 May 2022 22:34:31 GMT
#Humanitarian #Access #Safety #Security #Officer #Monguno.