Job title: Head Of Tax Compliance At Mastercard Foundation
Job description: Mastercard Foundation is a worldwide establishment based across four centers in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our projects advance monetary incorporation and advance training and learning in Africa, basically for youngsters, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was set up in 2006 through the liberality of Mastercard when it turned into a public organization. From beginning, the Foundation was intended to be a different substance and free from Mastercard. Our arrangements, tasks, and subsidizing choices are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation accepts that young work is vital to opening success, both for youth and their social orders. Empowering young ladies and men from hindered networks to get noble and satisfying work will guarantee comprehensive turn of events and financial development in Africa.
We are enrolling to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Tax Compliance
The Work at the Foundation
- We have entered an exceptionally energizing time at the Foundation as we increase our activities across Africa to understand our Young Africa Works system. Our job at the Mastercard Foundation is to be an impetus. Our Young Africa Works technique centers around working with others to spike fundamental change so youngsters have the chance to look for some kind of employment that is honorable and fulfilling.
- The Foundation has opened workplaces in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, fabricating a more extensive administration presence in Africa to foster explicit methodologies that help youth business. Inside a country, we work with governments, the private area, teachers and other funders to improve the nature of schooling and professional preparing, get ready youngsters for the work power, grow admittance to monetary administrations for business people and independent companies, and associate occupation searchers to stately and satisfying work.
- We are aggressive and driven. Our qualities rise above and transcend all the other things as our guide. We urge you to bring your strong thoughts, interest, and skill to your work. We giggle at ourselves and with one another. We are a group. Our excursion together has our effect considerably more meaningful.
- If you are a Tax proficient prepared to construct something new and increment your effect, read on!
- The Head of Tax Compliance will answer to the Global Controller and be liable for driving and dealing with the Foundation’s Tax Compliance work and guaranteeing that all expense guidelines are followed in all purviews that the Foundation works, including duty regarding personal duties, HST, VAT and retaining charge consistence up to an including all Corporate and nearby ward charge filings. Also, the Head of Tax Compliance will guarantee that duty controls and cycles are set up, planned viably and working effectively to guarantee charge assortment, installment and revealing prerequisites are met to work with the Foundation’s proceeded with capacity to give precise and ideal expense data, information and detailing, including charge filings.
- The fruitful competitor will be situated in any of our country workplaces in Africa (Kenya, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Uganda, Ghana, Nigeria and Senegal).
Ways You Can Contribute
- Provide aptitude to guarantee charge bookkeeping and assessment accumulations are exact and recorded fittingly in all jurisdictions.
- Responsible for oversight, arrangement and documenting of Corporate and multi-jurisdictional annual government forms which are exact and arranged and documented on a convenient basis.
- Develop and get ready assessment correspondence and documentation to help the Foundations charge consistence programs.
- Oversee and set up the turn of events, readiness, and documentation to help the Foundation’s expense positions in all jurisdictions.
- Working with the Country Finance leads, proactively oversee, and work with charge reviews that may happen, giving ideal and precise data as needed to the expense authorities.
- Establish associations with money, country heads, program, People and Culture, and lawful groups, as needed, to acquire a strong comprehension of the Foundation’s duty necessities needs and exercises with view to affect on charge consistence in different jurisdictions.
- With the Country Head as lead, and liaising with country money drives, set up and encourage connections, as needed, with charge experts in different jurisdictions.
- Establish and cultivate associations with charge specialists in different purviews to guarantee proactive administration of duty matters and stay up with the latest with changes in the administrative climate and effect on the Foundation and additionally country charge positions.
- Proactively set up charge consistence prerequisites and cycles for new wards as the Foundation develops and expands.
- Establish ordinary assessment bookkeeping announcing and cadence.
- Prepare standard assessment investigations, including examination, survey of compromises and differences to guarantee the exactness of records, assortments, and installment of taxes.
- Develop nonstop specialized abilities by staying state-of-the-art on patterns, new turns of events and expense authority choices and applying those learnings to refresh the Foundation’s expense consistence programs as required.
- Interpret and carry out new duty rules/corrections and train Finance and Accounting groups on the new principles and cycles required.
- Identify openings for proactive expense arranging .
- Support the turn of events and instructing of money experts and other staff individuals on charge matters.
- Report and prescribe to Senior Leadership on charge positions, reviews and assessment filings.
- Participate in senior administration gatherings remembering different discussions for a warning limit on charge compliance.
- Participate in and add to the fulfillment of group objectives.
- Maintain positive connections and steer joint efforts across the establishment’s capacities and partners including Finance, Operations and Programs, Country Heads, Legal and Compliance, and Assurance, as required.
- Resource arranging, execution assessment and staff commitment, either straightforwardly or in a roundabout way, including Foundation staff, advisors and other expense specialists, as required.
- Negotiations of merchant contracts for experts and specialists.
- Other obligations and obligations as required.
Who You Are
- 10+ years’ involvement with continuously senior expense account jobs, including charge revealing, consistence and bookkeeping with at any rate 10 years in such senior monetary jobs in a public organization in a multi-ward/global environment.
- A least of 6 years in an administrative capacity.
- Successfully finished four year college education in addition to proficient capability (CPA, CA or comparable bookkeeping/charge designation).
- Experience in Tax Compliance and managing Tax Authorities as a Key Leader.
- Previous work in the advancement area is a resource however not required.
- Experience building abilities and limit of a capacity in high development associations including multi-jurisdictional and multi-cash environments.
- Experience in introducing reports and proposals to senior initiative group including C-Suite.
- In profundity experience and specialized information on charge bookkeeping and revelations for bookkeeping purposes, including conceded charge, earlier year changes and several years, ready to hit the ground running.
- Ability to evaluate dangers and exercise judgment in making significant decisions.
- Proven People the board with a capacity to select, create and give training and authority to a group of money, activities and programs or comparable experience professionals.
- Strong relational abilities with exhibited experience working together with cross-useful groups and drawing in with a scope of stakeholders.
- Flexible, versatile, and ready to execute a scope of occupation obligations and changing priorities.
- Possess superb verbal, composed, and show abilities with the capacity to verbalize data to an assortment of constituents across cultures.
- Possess proficient development, affectability with various societies, and flawless trustworthiness that represent the Foundation’s values.
- You have a promise to Mastercard Foundation’s qualities and vision.
- French language and additionally nearby language abilities are an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants ought to:
Job date: Fri, 28 May 2021 01:18:24 GMT