Job title: Grants Manager
Company: International Rescue Committee
Job description: IRC started working in Nigeria in October 2012 because of a broad flooding. From that point forward, IRC has extended its program degree and size fully intent on making the best conceivable commitment to addressing philanthropic requirements across North East Nigeria. IRC’s reaction incorporates coordinated wellbeing, conceptive wellbeing, sustenance, assurance including ladies’ security and strengthening administrations, kid insurance, ecological wellbeing, monetary recuperation and advancement, and instruction support. The nation program is as of now fostering another Strategic Action Plan, which will direct development in need topical and geographic areas.
Scope of work
Based in Maiduguri, Nigeria the Grants Manager will give award the executives, business improvement and announcing support across the Nigeria portfolio. The Grants Manager will work intimately with program, M&E money, tasks and senior supervisory group (SMT) staff to guarantee quality administration of both pre and post honor awards capacities. The Grants Manager will uphold benefactor consistence, ideal revealing, excellent proposition advancement, project record documenting, getting ready contributor briefs and giver/inner perceivability. The position holder will be directed by the Senior Grants Coordinator and will work intimately with different awards and associations managers.
Areas of responsibility
1. Data management
- Act as caretaker of documentation of institutional information and program exercises as a team with important area administrators and coordinators.
- Maintain complete electronic records for programs, and guarantee IRC associates and approach significant records and information.
2. Contributor relations and communications
- Liaise with givers and possible givers, and other operational accomplices, including through participation at gatherings, and addressing IRC and IRC’s inclinations by keeping up sure and productive relations.
- In coordination with applicable partners, react to demands from givers for consistence data and react to benefactor consistence inquiries as needed.
- Ensure that important staff individuals know about all benefactor correspondences, changes in guidelines, and gatherings or events.
- Facilitate and take part in giver visits and additionally meetings.
- Develop outer correspondence materials including factsheets and program updates
- Maintain cutting-edge complete information on contributor rules pertinent to the Nigeria portfolio, including however not restricted to: USAID, FCDO, ECHO, UNOCHA.
- Provide preparing to IRC staff on consistence and benefactor explicit consistence requirements.
- Closely screen awards for inside or benefactor consistence issues, and banner worries in an ideal manner.
3. Award management
- With the help of the Senior Grants Coordinator, arrange the improvement of value recommendations and account reports with applicable groups, including going about as lead author when necessary.
- Liaise with HQ units (Regional Unit, Awards Management Unit, Technical Units) to guarantee proposition satisfy inner guidelines and are receptive to benefactor requirements.
- Support program staff to survey subsidizing open doors in accordance with IRC Nigeria’s essential destinations and the nearby setting, exhorting on these as required.
- Work with program facilitators and directors to arrange the convenient advancement of top notch new financing recommendations and reports.
- Work intimately with different individuals from the awards unit to proactively uphold awards the executives measures across the portfolio.
- Monitor and backing the utilization of award/project the board devices to guarantee precise following of chances, revealing and automatic changes through the undertaking life cycle.
- Provide specialized direction on IRC and contributor guidelines to guarantee consistence across IRC Nigeria, proactively raising and settling issues.
- Manage all announcing cutoff times, and facilitate and combine reports as important to guarantee archives are of the greatest quality and in accordance with giver requirements.
- Act as a point of convergence for HQ awards organization and consistence associates, including keeping up entries on IRC’s online chance administration global positioning framework (OTIS).
- Contribute proactively to Project Cycle Meetings in a joint effort with pertinent venture prompts guarantee opportune, quality execution of project.
- Perform different obligations as might be relegated by the Senior Grants Coordinator and Senior Management Team.
- Bachelors certificate or comparable in foreign relations, advancement, worldwide political economy or other significant subject
- 2-3 years working in awards the board and proposition/business advancement/design
- Knowledge of giver consistence guidelines (BHA, USAID, ECHO, FCDO, GAC, etc)
- Proven past effective experience creating projects, composing recommendations and giver reports.
- Good communicator with solid authoritative, time the board and insightful skills
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- Strong composing and altering abilities with close regard for detail
- Demonstrated meticulousness, capacity to follow techniques yet in addition utilize own drive, fulfill time constraints, and work autonomously and helpfully with group members
- Flexibility to adjust to changing prerequisites and circumstances
- Ability to shuffle contending needs, comply with time constraints and work under tension in a shaky environment
- Aptitude to adjust to an alternate setting in regards to security, culture, environment or wellbeing issues
- Willingness to travel
- Commitment to ladies’ privileges and IRC’s vision, mission and qualities, including affectability to social settings
Specific security circumstance/housing
The Grants Manager will be situated in Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria with movement all through the locales where IRC has a presence. The security circumstance in North East Nigeria keeps on being unstable with security level at 3 (orange); up-and-comers ought to be set up to execute programming in uncertain conditions. This is a non-went with position.
Standards for proficient conduct
The IRC and IRC staff should stick to the qualities and standards illustrated in The IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. As per these qualities, the IRC works and upholds a scope of arrangements, remembering for Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Job date: Tue, 11 May 2021 22:58:47 GMT