Job title: Government Liaison Adviser At Immap Nigeria
Job description: iMMAP is a global nongovernmental association that gives data the board administrations to compassionate and advancement associations. Through data the executives, we help our accomplices target help to the world’s most weak populaces. Our center way of thinking is that better information prompts better choices and that better choices lead to better results. iMMAP’s basic help to data esteem affixes assists with addressing operational and key difficulties of our accomplices in both crisis and advancement settings by empowering proof based dynamic for better outcomes.
We are enrolling to fill the position below:
Job Title: Government Liaison Adviser
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Type: Full Time
Status: National Employee
- NIF was set up in 2014 to work with the coordination and participation of compassionate and improvement INGO’s and among INGOs and outer partners including Government of Nigeria, Nigerian common society, UN organizations, conciliatory entertainers, and benefactors. NIF exists to work with individuals’ aggregate activity in the principled and powerful conveyance of much required help to save and improve the existences of poor and weak people.
- Through reinforcing coordination inside the Forum, expanding data sharing and encouraging associations with all entertainers, including the Government of Nigeria, United Nations, public NGOs and contributors, we function as the basic connection pushing for expanded productivity and adequacy in the conveyance and utilization of much required guide to influenced populations.
General Roles and Responsibilities
Role and responsibilities:
- The motivation behind the consultant position is to advance endeavors philanthropic coordination, and backing everyday execution of the Nigeria INGO Forum (NIF) project just as compassionate access efforts.
Generic Responsibilities (max 10):
These duties will be something very similar for all situations with a similar title. The obligations will be short and fundamental. Subtleties have a place in the Work and Development plan.
- Adherence to IMMAP approaches, direction and procedures
- Contribute to the improvement of NIF systems, start and partake in the advancement of significant NIF projects
- Coordinate and oversee NIF project execution (exercises, financial plan and task documentation) in accordance with proposition, techniques and giver requirements
- Support privately determined proof/information assortment to help Forum promotion and portrayal on need gives this incorporates media and issue checking, setting investigation, and drafting short briefs. Works intimately with the Policy Adviser on issues identified with public commitment and advocacy.
- Develop correspondence and data items to help NGO tasks and commitment in more extensive Forum exercises and to be routinely educated about the Nigeria context
- Implement specialized heading and guarantee high specialized nature of projects
- Provide customary advancement reports to the Deputy Director
- Ensure that activities target recipients most needing assurance, investigate and asses new and better approaches to assist
- Ensure limit working of undertaking staff and move key skills
- Liaise and team up with important nearby specialists and other key stakeholders
- Promote the privileges of IDPs/returnees in accordance with the backing strategy
- These duties will be adjusted to the particularities of the work area and setting, period of activity, key concentration and sort of mediation. This segment will be reexamined at whatever point another worker is employed or the setting changes significantly.
- Stay side by side of political turns of events and helpful patterns in Nigeria, with an accentuation on the philanthropic emergency in the NE, educating NIF individuals where relevant.
- Ensuring adequate limit and information to help strategy examination and vital arranging around the compassionate design and operational issues.
- Carry out customary partners’ commitment trainings and add to giver investigates results and yield of activities.
- Collaborate with the NIF Deputy Director to address NIF at gatherings with outer commitment targets.
- Support state delegates in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States to distinguish openings for commitment with experts on topical issues
- Stemming from needs recognized by NIF participation, the post holder is answerable for creating, refreshing and carrying out NIF impact and arrangement procedure for the benefit of/as a team with the NIF membership.
- Lead the way toward drafting NIF positions and related exchange techniques dependent on needs distinguished by NIF members
- Work with the Deputy Director to fortify commitment with Government substances in the upper east Nigeria e.g, Federal and State Inland Revenue, Nigeria Immigration Service, EFCC, SEMA, Ministry of RRR, BAY States organizing offices for compassionate and advancement exercises, Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and other Nigerian government structures as needed.
- Identify openings for viable commitment with public and neighborhood partners including NNGOs, LNGOs, conventional, strict and Community leaders
- Advise and add to and planning the improvement of NIF positions, overseeing different correspondence exercises, driving on the correspondence of NIF positions among key partners including, where fundamental, public and worldwide media, and the more extensive compassionate community
- ·Serves as co-seat and gives authority to the NIF Humanitarian stage and the execution of choices taken at these meetings
- Coordinate and screen Government’s commitment messages and drives to guarantee sway and that NIF outside Engagement is in accordance with great philanthropic and improvement principles
- Update the NIF Government commitment system in a joint effort with the NIF enrollment and Executive Committee, fostering a periodical audit and criticism of the execution of NIF Engagement activities
- Develop and carry out a yearly government Engagement methodology for the Forum in a joint effort with the enrollment with clear timetables and products
- Identify and lead (when proper) commitment drives for the enrollment through assembling individuals and through the production of joint affecting products
- Support in general Forum commitment endeavors through creating and working with important affecting items including strategy briefs, preparation notes, position papers and foundation papers. Lead the interaction as proper and get part agreement for sign on
- Foster associations with political partners, bring issues to light about the NIF Influencing and exchange technique and messages among political stakeholders
- Ensure more viable and steady correspondence and commitment with the UN, neighborhood specialists, common society, benefactors, consulates and other stakeholders
- Organize and work with NIF campaign subcommittee gatherings in the north-east Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
- Provide backing and warning to the NIF access group in government commitment for access promotion and operational related tasks
- Organize and work with workshops and other limit improvement, as necessary.
- Ensure INGO Forum government affecting and arrangement procedure is refreshed, is reasonable and actioned by Forum members
Context/Specific abilities, information and experience:
- University Degree in Conflict and Development, International Relations, International Humanitarian Law or related specialized field.
- Experience working with government establishments in upper east Nigeria
- Strong compelling relationship with Nigerian government and different partners in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states that can yield positive results
- Experience with creating and executing Access and AAP related key objectives
- Knowledge of the compassionate coordination framework and the orders of the entertainers involved.
- Good information on the security climate and monetary, socio-political elements in North East Nigeria, the Lake Chad Basin and Sahel district in general
- Strong information insightful and translation skills.
- Commitment to and comprehension of global philanthropic guidelines and principles.
- Ability to work autonomously in a speedy and regularly requesting environment.
- Exceptional relational abilities and involvement with helpful setting.
Generic expert capabilities:
- Experience from working inside specialized aptitude territory in a helpful/recuperation context
- Previous experience from working in unpredictable and unstable contexts
- Core skill expertise
- Documented results identified with the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both composed and verbal
- Spoken familiarity with Hausa or Kanuri
How to Apply
Interested and qualified up-and-comers ought to:
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Job date: Sun, 23 May 2021 05:34:04 GMT