International Rescue Committee
Task title: Governance Officer – Damaturu, Yobe State
Company: International Rescue Committee
Task description: Company description The International Rescue Committee (IRC) reacts to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and assists individuals to endure and reconstruct …
Task Advertisement & Profile Description
Position: Governance Officer – Damaturu, Yobe State
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee, among the world’s biggest humanitarian firms, supporting victims of natural catastrophe, injustice, and violent dispute in over 40 nations to endure, recuperate, and gain control of their lives. IRC got in Nigeria in October 2012 in action to a prevalent flood catastrophe. Ever since, the IRC has actually broadened its scope and size of the programs in Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe States. The IRC’s action consists of incorporated health and nutrition services, reproductive healthcare and females security services, Environmental Health, Kid Security, Economic Recovery and Development, Education, General Security, and Governance. IRC’s shows in Northeast Nigeria is supported by a team of more than 700staff Together, we intend to provide the very best possible impact for a few of the most susceptible kids, females, and males. In all that we do, IRC aims to deliver through IRC’s core worths of Stability, Responsibility, Service and Equality.
Task Overview/Summary: The IRC is looking for a Governance Officer to lead Governance shows in Mubi, Adamawa/ Damaturu, Yobe. Governance shows looks for to amplify the voices of individuals whose lives have actually been impacted by dispute and crisis.We support them to gain back control of their future by promoting their right to affect the problems and shows that affect their communities.To accomplish this, we: (1) Reinforce the ability of individuals impacted by dispute and crisis to have a voice in how choices are made in their neighborhoods; (2) Enable federal governments, civil society companies, neighborhood agents, and the IRC to respond to their voices and provide reliable and inclusive services; and (3) Promote interactions in between leaders and individuals they represent so that actions are significant and lasting.As Governance Officer, you will deal with Governance staff based in Maiduguri and cross-sector staff based in Mubi/ Damaturu to organize and plan capability development activities for federal government, civil society, and neighborhood agents.
Total Project Quality and Strategy
- Supervise the effective delivery of the project and general governance shows within the field workplace.
- Communicate with staff from other IRC sectors to make sure pertinent support, tools and resources are being supplied and incorporated into project activities.
- Ensure activities remain in line with the concepts of social responsibility, catastrophe risk management, strength, and neighborhood led development.
- Supervise the development and application of community-led catastrophe risk management prepares within 1-2 neighborhoods, making sure active involvement and inputs from a varied series of neighborhood members.
Plan and Support the Assistance of Capability Development Activities
- Together with Advocacy Manager and Health Governance Manager, develop and implement capability building methods and activities, consisting of for liable leadership, excellent governance, and other technical and functional capability requirements.
- Keep excellent relationships with regional authorities and other beneficiaries/participants of the capability development activities.
- Manage logistical and monetary element of the activities and set-up the working environment for effective capability advancements and trainings.
- In partnership with the M&E Officer, make sure the tracking of the trainings.
Health System Conditioning
- Conduct a comprehensive capability and space analyses of State, Municipal, and Regional level health stars to much better comprehend where and how the project can support health system reinforcing.
- In partnership with the Mubi-based health team, develop action prepares to respond to spaces recognized.
- And all other tasks as appointed by the manager.
Secret Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Advocacy Manager, based in Maiduguri
Position straight monitors: n/a
Indirect Reporting: Governance Organizer, based in Maiduguri
Other Internal And/or External Contacts
- Internal: Supply Chain and Finance
- External: Service provider, Standard and Neighborhood Leaders, City Government Authorities, Federal Government Ministries/Agencies
Needed profile for task advertisement: Governance Officer – Damaturu, Yobe State
- Over 2 years of expert humanitarian/development experience;
- Experience in capability building and carrying out trainings needed.
- Experience with neighborhood engagement and participatory procedures.
- Knowledge of catastrophe risk management principles a plus.
- Experience with health system reinforcing shows extremely chosen.
- Strong presentation abilities and composing ability.
- Strong social abilities, autonomy, proactivity, and services orientated.
- Able to fix intricate issues through a mutual and consultative approach
- Prior experience dealing with federal government stars and/or neighborhood leaders is needed.
- Strong program/ technical and budget management abilities, preparation, reporting, keeping track of and examination abilities.
- You have a strong work principles and desire to work every day for the improvement of the lives of individuals we serve.
- Exceptional relationship-building, social abilities and the ability to successfully represent IRC at online forums and with donors.
- Strong settlement abilities necessary with experience in dispute resolution preferable.
- You have a favorable mindset towards work, and are a self-starter, extremely encouraged, motivated, and collective.
- You promote team effort, prosper in a multi-cultural environment, are versatile, and manage pressure with expert grace.
- You do not avoid a challenge and are delighted by the concept of piloting a brand-new method of operating in humanitarian contexts.
- You are patient with challenging procedures and take some time to gather feedback even if it decreases your work plan.
- Fluency in spoken and composed English and Hausa is needed
- Extra fluency in Kanuri is chosen.
- Complete expert proficiency in Microsoft Workplace Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Workplace: The IRC is a team- work environment and needs an individual who will deal with coworkers from numerous cultural backgrounds, comprehend and add to the company’s objectives, work well as a member of a group/team, and regard the ideas and viewpoints of others in theteam The security scenario in North East Nigeria continues to be unstable with security level presently at 3 (orange), though based on change
The IRC and IRC employees should abide by the worths and concepts detailed in IRC Method – Standards for Specialist Conduct. These are Stability, Service, and Responsibility. In accordance with these worths, the IRC runs and implements policies on Recipient Security from Exploitation and Abuse, Kid Safeguarding, Anti Office Harassment, Fiscal Stability, and Anti-Retaliation
Task requirements for task advertisement: Governance Officer – Damaturu, Yobe State Task classification:
Health and social occupations
Health, drug store, health centers, medical equipment
Long-term contract – Fixed-term contract
Anticipated salary: Remuneration is Attractive
Place: Damaturu, Yobe State
Task date: Tue, 31 May 2022 22:15:42 GMT
#Governance #Officer #Damaturu #Yobe #State.