Job title: Gender Fairness and Social Inclusion/Youth Specialist, OtL, Nigeria
Company: FHI 360
Job description: FHI 360 is a global evolution organization, with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human evolution. Our squad of professionals includes experts in wellness, nutrition, education, economical evolution, civil society, surroundings and research. FHI 360 operates from over 60 offices with to a greater extent than 4000 employees in the the States and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at all levels and our multi-disciplinary approach allows us to have a lasting impact on the people, communities and countries we serve by improving the lives of millions of them. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the place of Gender Fairness and Social Inclusion/Youth (GESI/Y/Y) Specialist for an upcoming USAID-funded opportunity in Northeast Nigeria entitled the USAID/Northeast Nigeria Opportunities to Learn (OtL). This place will be based in Northeast Nigeria and is contingent upon accolade.
The anticipated Northeast Nigeria OtL will improve foundational reading, writing, math, and social and emotional skills acquisition for children and youth, as good as increment retention and transition rates from primary to lower secondary in rural Northeast Nigeria. Additionally, the anticipated five-year activity will back up youth transition to the marketplace location, and increment engagement with communities and families to back up foundational skills practise exterior of school as good as enrollment, attendance, and transitions in school. ERA will emphasize the inclusion of marginalized groups such as out-of-school, marginalized, and disenfranchised children and youth, girls, and learners with disabilities. Given the context of on-going spontaneous violent clash for school-aged children and youth in Northeast Nigeria, the GESI/Y specialist will be able to devise effective programming for children and youth caught upwards in a cycle of violence, place ways to insulate them from those factors that are specific to the Northeast Nigerian context, and work with the MEL Managing director to place feasible measurements and critical assessments to back up those children and youth.
The GESI/Y Specialist will work closely with the Master of Political party and Technical Leads, as good as the Managing director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning to ensure that principles of gender equality and social inclusion are integrated into all aspects of projection plan and implementation. S/he will provide programmatic and technical back up to the projection squad, regime counterparts, and other stakeholders on effective integration of GESI/Y considerations, specifically emphasizing the fairness and inclusion of marginalized groups such as indigenous children and youth, girls, and learners with disabilities. S/he will work closely with projection staff to ensure integration of GESI/Y elements in the M&E programme. The GESI/Y Specialist will also provide essential guidance related to GESI/Y mainstreaming within the projection’s internal operations and processes, including in recruitment and HR policies. The GESI/Y specialist will have a strong grip on best positive youth evolution practices, and how to apply them to the Northeast Nigerian context.
- Provide GESI/Y technical guidance related to the projection’s objectives to the CoP, Managing director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning, and other key technical staff.
- Take and/or collaborate with a headquarters-based GESI/Y Specialists as good as the Research and Evaluation squad to conduct a GESI/Y analysis at the offset of the projection, leading to a projection GESI/Y strategy.
- Back up the COP to supervise the integration of GESI/Y activities into the projection work programme and M&E programme and adjust activities to be responsive to GESI/Y issues identified during the GESI/Y analysis.
- Provide technical guidance across the various components of the projection to ensure GESI/Y integration in projection interventions and trainings.
- Back up the MEL Managing director to rails and study against GESI/Y-related indicators and disaggregating information appropriately to analyze results within each projection factor (intermediate final result).
- In collaboration with the MEL Managing director, conduct annual GESI/Y assessments to degree progress and adjust and/or refine projection activities.
- In collaboration with a headquarters-based Gender/GESI/Y Specialist (whether needed), mentor and develop projection staff, partners, and stakeholders, including Ministry building of Education officials, on GESI/Y integration and mainstreaming issues, tools, policies, and practices as relate to projection objectives.
- Prepare and deliver grooming content on gender- and socially inclusive pedagogy and curricula as good as safe school methodologies to preclude and bring down school-related gender-based violence.
- Back up technical projection staff to ensure that grooming materials and participant engagement are gender- and social inclusion-sensitive.
- Provide technical back up to education system stakeholders on the character implementation of gender- and socially inclusive pedagogy and safe school methodologies.
- Provide overarching GESI/Y technical back up to projection stakeholders,
- Review and provide technical feedback on results and projection reports required by funders to ensure character and total compliance with donor GESI/Y policies and progress toward achieving GESI/Y integration in the projection.
- Develop tools, frameworks, and resources to enable superior GESI/Y integration in the projection.
- Place successful practices in the projection that can be showcased in publications, communication materials, and conferences.
- Prepare communications materials that highlight the projection’s GESI/Y programming, successes, and lessons learned.
- A Original’s grade in the relevant subject area(s), preferably in gender, social work, education, international evolution, or community evolution required.
- 5 to 8 years of experience designing, managing, and implementing activities to promote gender equality and social inclusion.
- Strong understanding of issues related to gender equality in education, including gender- and socially inclusive pedagogy and safe learning environments, and disability inclusion required.
- Experience ensuring GESI/Y integration in projection plan, implementation and M&E required.
- Experience developing and delivering GESI/Y-themed content in grooming and education materials as good as GESI/Y-focused assessments, grooming, and organizational capacity-building preferred.
- Experience in the field of education, and knowledge of sexual and reproductive wellness and menstrual hygiene direction with target population and age-group preferred.
- Power to navigate politically sensitive subjects and maintain constructive relationships with a various grouping of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated power to think strategically and transmit her/his vision to partners and colleagues.
- Power to influence, motivate, and collaborate with others.
- Experience in the education sector in Northeast Nigeria or the part strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
We offering competitive compensation and a parcel of exceptional benefits. Please see the FHI 360 Career Centre at for a listing of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an employer with equal opportunity and affirmative activeness. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal job opportunities regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status in policies, programs, or activities.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in whatever way to stand for a contract of job. Direction reserves the right to review and revise this document at whatever time.
FHI 360 is an whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against whatever individual employed or seeking job based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected experienced status, or whatever other characteristic protected under relevant law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and wellness of its workforce through a , professional person evolution and policies and programs that back up a salubrious work/life balance. Bring together our global workforce to create a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click to go along searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno Province
Job date: Fri, 28 May 2021 22:55:20 GMT