Job title: Gender Based Violence Technical Advisor At Medecins Du Monde (mdm)
Job description: Medecins du Monde (MdM) is a worldwide compassionate association whose mission is to give clinical consideration to the most weak populaces, the world over, including France. It looks to invigorate deliberate responsibility from specialists, other medical services suppliers, and from those whose mastery in different fields is required for its exercises, to enroll all able help needed for the accomplishment of its ventures, and to look for consistently to support close working associations with populaces in its consideration. MdM working in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are selecting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Based Violence Technical Advisor
- He/she will be capable of guaranteeing GBV exercises are coordinated inside the clinical benefits bundle conveyed to IDPs and host populace in MdM’s centers or upheld Ministry of Health PHCC. He/she will follow-up the smooth execution of MdM methodology for the reaction to GBV in Nigeria in close cooperation with the Program Coordinator, Health Coordinators and the MHPSS Technical Advisor.
- She/he will get the help of HQ Medical and GBV referents.
Support the arrangement of administrations to GBV survivors in MdM operational destinations (MdM centers, MOH PHCC):
- Based on the Borno state setting and in accordance with MdM by and large system for the reaction to GBV, carry out and recommend acclimations to MdM technique on GBV, in close joint effort with the GBV Desk Officer, the Health Coordinator, and MHPSS specialized advisor.
- Promote effectively the GBV segment inside MdM program group to guarantee that they impeccably hold fast to MdM procedure on GBV in light of a legitimate concern for the survivors.
- Advise the facility group (clinical, advocates, social laborers) on guaranteeing the execution of the arranged exercises, including crisis clinical consideration, psychological wellness and psychosocial support, and fitting reference instruments following rules and methodology, through the Health Coordinator
- Ensure the nature of exercises through normal checking and specialized help of facility group (clinical, instructors, social specialists), information assortment and the board, and give direction in the event of difficulties.
- Carry out and update a planning of all entertainers reacting to GBV and foster a solid organization to encourage data trade and synergies.
- Lead on coordination with different entertainers to guarantee safe reference for GBV survivors and ensure MdM inward reference pathway regard the core values of the reaction to GBV.
- Actively take part to coordination endeavors with GBV entertainers (ex: GBV sub-cluster).
- Coordinate with MdM’s public accomplice the execution of the refinement and mindfulness bringing segment up in Maiduguri and ensure the MoU is appropriately executed and renewed.
- In Damboa (where MdM doesn’t have an accomplice), with the help of MdM Community Outreach Supervisor, guarantee that sharpening and mindfulness exercises are appropriately conveyed out.
- Support and follow-up the local area assembly exercises in close joint effort with MdM group, MdM nearby accomplice, GBV entertainers just as different partners (ex: local area pioneers Е)
- In close coordinated effort with the Community Outreach Supervisor and the IEC Technical Advisors, characterize the correspondence procedure and correspondence mediums (radio, press, banners, leafletsЕ)
- Contribute to the meaning of the worldwide reference technique, in connect with Program office facilitators. Take part in the operational exploration executed in collaboration with the Population Council.
Human asset, limit building/preparing:
- Supervise the GBV specialized consultant delegates for the arrangement of on work specialized help to facility staff engaged with the arrangement of administrations to GBV survivors (clinical, advocates, social laborers) in Damboa and Maiduguri.
- Identify the limit constructing requirements of MdM and accomplice’s group identified with GBV and give trainings.
- Organize or potentially work with trainings on the reaction to GBV, in accordance with MdM preparing materials available.
- Provide specialized help to MdM accomplice for the smooth execution of sharpening and mindfulness raising exercises and the meaning of key messages.
- Collaborate with the Health Coordinator, MHPSS Technical Advisor (and group), to set up trainings and follow-up of the exercises (clinical and psychosocial care) towards casualties of GBV.
- Work towards the nationalization of the situation of GBV Technical Advisor through limit building and nonstop help of the distinguished staff.
Communication and backing:
- Participate in the improvement of outer and interior specialized instruments to advance MdM operational model for the reaction to GBV in compassionate settings.
- Take part, if important, with the MdM group, accomplices or different entertainers to support activities.
- Participate in the dispersal of MdM’s methodology, results and exercises learnt.
Reporting, data the board, coordination/portrayal:
- Make sure the GBV information assortment framework is set up, regard privacy and security and that GBV information assortment devices are appropriately utilized and markers observed (for both clinical and MHPSS aspects)
- Share to Quality Assurance Coordinator, Health Coordinator and Program Coordinator any challenges met in the field and propose arrangements or adjustments.
- Participate to inward MdM meetings.
- Participate to the GBV sub-areas gatherings and effectively add to coordination and regular revealing efforts.
- If required, take part to gatherings with the State Ministry of Health or different partners engaged with GBV.
- Contribute to MdM month to month sitrep.
- Contribute to the readiness of new proposition or reports to donors.
Hierarchical and Functional connections:
- The GBV Technical Advisor is straightforwardly under the obligation of the Health Services Quality Coordinator.
- S/he has specialized connections with the specialized counselors (under the Health Services Quality Coordinator), the Health Coordinator and Emergency Response Coordinator and Damboa clinical team.
- Demonstrated 2-3 years proficient involvement with philanthropic settings, including in any event 1 year of direct program the executives of GBV programs in the field.
- Excellent information on worldwide principles and rules on GBV in helpful settings and capacity to carry out GBV reaction as per the guidelines
- Master’s Degree in significant field (Public Health, Social Work, Development Studies, Humanitarian Affairs, or related Social Sciences disciplines).
- Knowledge, abilities, and involvement with giving/driving administrations to overcomers of sex based viciousness utilizing a survivor-focused and multi-sectoral approach.
- Knowledge, abilities, and involvement with executing essential anticipation of GBV, preferably in a joint effort with neighborhood organizations
- Good information on WHO moral information sharing guidelines
- Strong abilities in Microsoft Office.
Personal abilities required:
- Individual and gathering preparing abilities in GBV and SEA.
- Ability to step up, work autonomously and cultivate a group environment.
- Strong authoritative, oral and composed correspondence and coordination skills.
- Excellent project plan and proposition improvement abilities and creating devices for cross-authoritative sharing of best practices.
- Excellent scientific and critical thinking skills.
- Good feeling of strategy and comprehension of worldwide political issue
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants ought to send their CV and Cover Letter in one single connection through email to: unmistakably designate “Sexual orientation Based Violence Technical Advisor” as the subject of your application.
- Applications without the above subject won’t be treated.
- Because of the crisis alleviation nature of MDM work, working hours might be sporadic and representatives are relied upon to be adaptable in their way to deal with working hours under crisis conditions.
Job date: Sat, 29 May 2021 23:46:49 GMT