Job title: Finance Officer At The International Rescue Committee
Job description: The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s biggest helpful offices, gives alleviation, restoration and post-struggle reproduction backing to casualties of catastrophic event, abuse and rough clash in 42 nations. The IRC is focused on strong administration, advancement and innovative associations. Dynamic in general wellbeing, instruction, jobs, ladies’ strengthening, youth advancement, and security and advancement of rights, IRC helps individuals from mischief to home.
We are selecting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Requisition ID: req15852
Location: Mubi North, Adamawa
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- The International Rescue Committee has been in Nigeria since October 2012 and came in light of a far and wide flood catastrophe. IRC’s Emergency Response Team, with neighborhood accomplice, Civil Society Coalition for Poverty Eradication (CISCOPE), executed activities to help food security, vocations, sustenance and WASH in Kogi State. Start of January 2014, IRC moved topographical area toward the North East, in Adamawa state to give compassionate reaction to the contention influenced populations.
- In the North East, IRC has three operational workplaces: Yola and Mubi field workplaces in Adamawa state and Maiduguri field office in Borno state-with the last office opened in October 2015. In the two states, IRC is offering compassionate help to inside uprooted populaces facilitated in IDP camps, camp like settings, have networks and returnee populations.
- The IRC Nigeria country program is executing multi-sectorial mediations in the areas of: Health and Nutrition; Environmental Health; Child Protection; Education; Women’s Protection and Empowerment; Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection. A large portion of these projects are driven in organization with key nearby NGOs. Presently, the IRC is extending programs in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe state to address the requirements of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and host networks in as of late freed LGAs.
- The Finance Officer reports to the Finance Manager in Mubi, She/he upholds the Finance Manager in dealing with all parts of everyday activities of bookkeeping office in the Mubi and Yola field workplaces, aiding the execution of Finance approaches, strategies and frameworks and guaranteeing consistence with IRC methods and guidelines.
- Supporting Finance Manager in dealing with all parts of everyday tasks of bookkeeping division in field office.
- Assist in the execution of Finance arrangements, techniques and systems.
- Ensure consistence with IRC methodology and guidelines.
- Supervise the Finance Assistant and guarantee duplicates of all account records are appropriately filed.
- Submit use worksheets to the Finance Head Office prior to third of each resulting month.
- Review all installment archives for legitimate and sufficient back up.
- Review consumption worksheets for exactness and completeness.
- Liaison with Logistics, Administration and Program, plan responsibility records each month for monetary commitments previously went into yet not caught in monetary reports.
- Prepare bank compromise for field office by second of each month.
- Liaison with field office bank on all banking issues.
- Ensure that legal derivations are paid on schedule to stay away from any penalty.
- Forward to the finance Administrator consistently, an extraordinary staff advances and charges identified with T7 for recuperation. Guarantee that advances required in a given month are exchanged appropriately.
- Conduct periodic time sheet reviews for field office.
- Assist Finance Manager with monetary record reconciliations.
- Help in after up advances’ liquidations.
- Manage Field Office Daily cash
- Serve as specialized asset individual for the bookkeeping department.
- Review all POs and PRs for legitimate coding and spending ampleness before approval.
- In contact with Supply Chain Officer plan responsibility records each month for monetary commitments previously went into however not caught in monetary reports
- Act consistently as per neighborhood law and norms of bookkeeping practice.
- Review with the goal of acquiring a reasonable agreement spending rule and instructions.
- Review subsidizing designations to empower appropriate direction to programs and legitimate coding.
- Provide preparing to program staff on money issues.
- Produce month to month and quarterly reports to be checked on by Finance Officer/Finance Controller.
- Communicate with Finance fundamental office on security issues inside the workplace and outside the office.
- Report to the Finance Officer/Finance Controller any abnormalities that happen inside the IRC office, staff compound and destinations on strategy and procedures.
- Perform different obligations as might be doled out by your supervisor
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from perceived College/Institutions
- Minimum of Three (3) long stretches of expert bookkeeping experience.
- Computer proficient with huge information/experience in excel.
- INGO Finance experience is exceptionally desired.
- Able to work in a high-pressure circumstance, tackle issues and resolve conflicts.
- Able to autonomously coordinate work, focus on assignments and oversee time.
- Strong relational abilities, ready to mentor and support others.
- Self-roused, genuine, profoundly dependable, and punctual.
- Excellent verbal and composed relational abilities, conversant in composed and communicated in English.
- Fluency in nearby setting language is profoundly desirable.
- The position will be situated in Mubi.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified competitors should:
Note: The IRC and IRC laborers should hold fast to the qualities and standards laid out in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. As per these qualities, the IRC works and authorizes strategies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Location: Mubi, Adamawa State
Job date: Sun, 23 May 2021 07:28:34 GMT