International Rescue Committee
Job title: Finance Assistant – Mubi
Company: International Rescue Committee
Job description: The International Rescue Committee has been in Nigeria since October 2012 and came in light of an inescapable flood debacle. IRC’s Emergency Response Team, with nearby accomplice, Civil Society Coalition for Poverty Eradication (CISCOPE), executed tasks to help food security, livelihoods, nourishment, and WASH in Kogi State. Start of January 2014, IRC moved geological area toward the Northeast, in Adamawa state to give helpful reaction to the contention influenced populaces. In the Northeast, IRC has three functional workplaces: Yola and Mubi field workplaces in Adamawa state and Maiduguri field office in Borno state-with the last office opened in October 2015. In the two states, IRC is offering philanthropic help to inside uprooted populaces facilitated in IDP camps, camp like settings, have networks and returnee populations.
The IRC Nigeria country program is carrying out multi-sectorial mediations in the areas of: Health and Nutrition; Environmental Health; Child Protection; Education; Women’s Protection and Empowerment; Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection. The majority of these projects are driven in association with vital neighborhood NGOs. As of now, the IRC is extending programs in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe state to address the necessities of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and host networks in as of late freed LGAs.
The Finance Assistant is to help the Finance official by dealing with the everyday tasks of the Finance Department, answerable for Cash handling and record keeping of the everyday exchanges as per IRC strategy and procedures.
- To help the Finance Officer in guaranteeing that opportune and exact installments are made.
- Ensure exactness and culmination of installment archives in consistence to IRC and Donor approaches and procedure
- Coordinate with region groups for advance issuance and their convenient change of advances and Training’s documentation.
- Ensure fulfillment of supporting reports in all regard which incorporates genuineness of marks, cross-checking participation sheets and confirming installments to be made
- Posting all vouchers into exchange accounting page on consistent schedule for survey by the Finance Officer. Guarantee that all data in the bookkeeping page is right and complete.
- Processing of trivial money exchanges on consistent schedule. Guarantee frivolous money is renewed on schedule to meet day by day cash needs. Do cash consider per the IRC strategy and timetable. Archive the money check sheets for records.
- Prepare all installments and ensure that they are appropriately coded and upheld with important essential documents.
- Assist Finance office in month to month bank and record reconciliation.
- Ensure every one of the monetary records are appropriately recorded and tagged.
- ‘Paid’ stepping of the multitude of solicitations and related reports before filing.
- Ensure opportune arrangement of expense and store into bank.
- Visit Bank for fundamental assortment and accommodation of monetary documents.
- Photocopies and filtering of every vital archive/Instrument.
- Perform some other undertaking dole out by the line manager.
- Act consistently as per nearby law and norms of bookkeeping practice.
- Review financial plan fully intent on acquiring an unmistakable comprehension of spending rules and instructions
- Review subsidizing assignments to empower legitimate direction to programs and appropriate coding.
- Provide preparing to program staff on finance issues.
- Produce month to month and quarterly reports to be explored by your supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Finance Officer
- Position straightforwardly oversees: None
- Indirect Reporting: Finance Manager
Education: HND or four year college education in Accounting from a perceived College/Institutions
- Minimum of Three (2) long stretches of expert bookkeeping experience.
- INGO Finance experience is exceptionally desired.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Able to work in a high-pressure circumstance, take care of issues and resolve conflicts.
- Able to autonomously put together work, focus on errands and oversee time.
- Strong relational abilities, ready to mentor and support others.
- Self-roused, genuine, profoundly dependable, and punctual.
- Computer proficient with huge information/experience in excel.
- Fluency in neighborhood setting language is exceptionally desirable.
- Excellent verbal and composed relational abilities, conversant in composed and communicated in English.
The position will be situated in Mubi.
The IRC and IRC laborers should cling to the qualities and standards illustrated in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. As per these qualities, the IRC works and authorizes strategies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all candidates dependent on merit regardless of race, sex, shading, public beginning, religion, sexual direction, age, conjugal status, veteran status or disability.
The IRC and IRC laborers should hold fast to the qualities and standards illustrated in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. As per these qualities, the IRC works and authorizes approaches on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la insurance des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la security de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de struggle, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
Location: Mubi, Adamawa State
Job date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 22:34:16 GMT