Job title: Field Clinical Research Coordinator – M/F At Alliance For International Medical Action (alima)
Job description: The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an autonomous compassionate clinical NGO that was made in 2009 by experts of helpful medication. ALIMA’s main goal is to give clinical consideration in crisis circumstances or clinical catastrophes.
We are enlisting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Field Clinical Research Coordinator – M/F
Contract Term: Contract under French Law, a half year, renewable.
ALIMA in Nigeria
- Our Project Lassa is about Lassa fever (LF) is a viral illness that can prompt a condition of viral haemorrhagic fever (VHF). Lassa infection is disseminated all through West Africa.
- It is sent to human from the rat repository. The sickness was first announced in 1969 in the territory of Lassa in Borno State, Nigeria. Lassa fever is endemic and Nigeria and is encountering occasional resurgence during the dry season (December to May).
- Ribavirin (antiviral) has been the suggested treatment since the 1980s, however its viability stays feebly confirmed. Besides, it has antagonistic impacts and is expensive for endemic nations. There is as of now no immunization accessible. WHO consider lassa fever as a need illness for pressing exploration and development
- In expansion to counteraction and case the executives, the CORAL stage (ALIMA/Inserm) is right now partaking in the coordination of a few investigations to all the more likely comprehend the sickness to improve case the board: an observational accomplice concentrate since 2018 (LASCOPE) to depict the clinical, natural course, the executives and results of hospitalized patients with a conclusion of affirmed Lassa fever and another settled examination (Validate) zeroing in on the cardiovascular capacity and ribavirin pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in Lassa fever patients
- In expansion to these examinations, CORAL is at present setting up a helpful stage II clinical preliminary because of start in March 2021. This preliminary in organization with BNITM, a German exploration foundation, will survey the pharmacokinetics, security and bearableness of the antiviral medication Favipiravir against the standard ribavirin treatment. It is a significant advance towards a stage III preliminary to distinguish a solid medication against Lassa.
- Alima is at present working in 12 nations, among them Nigeria. The FCRC is overseen by the Owo Project Coordinator, and practically upheld Emerging irresistible sicknesses research unit (CORAL) in HQ situated in Dakar.
Mission and Objectives
- The FCRC is answerable for leading exploration exercises on Lassa fever in Owo.
- She/He is accountable for administering information assortment, guaranteeing study convention and systems are authorized, planning research HR and coordinations for the studies.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- FCRC works under the oversight of the Project Coordinator and the worldwide CORAL logical group and in close joint effort with the lab administrator and the clinic staff.
- Coordinate and direct crafted by the Clinical Research Team of the ICRC (Physicians and Nurses), guarantee that their work is done as per the convention and strategies of the studies
- Ensure the quality and progression of data trade between the VHFL and the ICRC (consistence with techniques, nature of correspondence between the two departments)
- Participate in the guiding board and the working council of the different studies
- Report to the coordination group any issues or troubles experienced in the field and examine approaches to determine them
- Ensure the nature of information assortment devices (CRFs, registers, data sets) and consistence with procedures
- Ensure that the conveyance of data to members and the assortment of assents is as per the clinical great practice, convention and systems of the investigation; Collect and secure all assent structures (onsite)
- Ensure information move (CRFs) to the Methodology Center (PACCI Abidjan), guaranteeing the musicality given by CORAL coordination
- Maintain the overall administration instruments of the examination (TMF and eTMF)
- Supervise the inward checking and play out the outer observing information; Ensure the authoritative administration of studies (compensations, motivating forces, HR management)
- Respect and uphold secrecy towards members in the diverse exploration projects
- Respect the working principles of the ICRC (cleanliness, contamination avoidance and control)
- Organize and work with the relations and the trading of data between the arising irresistible infections coordination group (Paris, Bordeaux), the patron of the investigations and the nigerian teammates on field
- Ensure successful cooperation with different divisions of the clinic (trauma center, dialysis unit, pediatrics, gynecology) concerning the lassa fever concentrates in Owo
- Participate in the Lassa fever reaction plan given by the ALIMA clinical group, under the management of the ALIMA clinical coordinator
Implements Prevention Measures Against Abuse of Power, Gender-Based And Sexual Violence
- Ensures that local area individuals know about the strategy and approach data (grumbling acceleration component, central point…).
- Participates on a case by case basis in the association of preparing and mindfulness sessions
- Applies the guidelines identified with the counteraction of maltreatment of force, sex based and sexual violence.
- Contributes to making and keeping a satisfying and defensive climate for his/her group, local area individuals and accomplices engaged with the project.
Protection Of Beneficiaries and Community Members:
- Level 3: The occupant is liable for the use of Research measures and might be needed to direct field visits.
- She/he. He/she may along these lines be in touch with youngsters and additionally weak adults.
- Therefore, a criminal record check or the introduction of a testament of acceptable conduct will be required.
- In circumstances where the difficulty of giving a criminal record or an endorsement of appropriate conduct is set up, an affirmation on honor will be requested.
Experiences and Competencies
- Health Diploma (Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist) is an advantage
- Master’s Degree in Public Health (Epidemiology or International Health)
- Complementary preparing in clinical examination is an advantage
- Experience with clinical global NGO, an asset.
- Team the board and oversight skills.
- Knowledge of Donors and involvement with Financial Reports.
- Perfect information on MS Office bundle, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of Saga (Finance programming) is appreciated
- Experience in clinical research
- Clinical care experience is an advantage
- Experience in a non-industrial nation and/or field experience.
- Rigorous, self-governance and organized
- Adapting Capacities and Proactivity
- Ability to work in multicultural context
- Risk Alert, and great communication
- Sense of communication
- Diplomacy and adaptability are essential
- Management abilities
- Spirit of initiative
- Teaching skills
- Rigor and association are essential.
- English mission based.
Depending on experience + perdiem
ALIMA pays for:
- Travel costs between the ostracize’s nation of beginning and the mission area Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the principal day of the agreement to a month after the date of takeoff from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified up-and-comers should:
- Applications are handled in the request for appearance and we claim all authority to close the proposal before the term at first demonstrated if a decent application is successful
- Only full applications (CV + answer to questions) will be taken into account
- Only acknowledged applications will be contacted
- Female applicants are emphatically urged to apply.
Job date: Fri, 21 May 2021 02:19:54 GMT