Job title: Education Specialist At The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (unicef)
Job description: United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in a portion of the world’s hardest spots, to arrive at the world’s most burdened kids. To save their lives. To protect their privileges. To assist them with satisfying their latent capacity. Across 190 nations and regions, we work for each youngster, all over the place, each day, to assemble a superior world for everyone.
We are enlisting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Education Specialist
Job no: 540103
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Education, NO-3
Support to Program Development and Dlanning:
- Support the readiness, plan and refreshing of the circumstance examination for the training programs with an emphasis on non-formal schooling to guarantee that current and thorough information on admittance to elective learning and on instruction issues is accessible to direct UNICEF’s essential arrangement, promotion, intercession and improvement endeavors on schooling programmes.
- Assist Education Manager to set needs, methodologies, plan and execution plans. Stay informed concerning advancement patterns to improve program the executives, proficiency and delivery.
- Participate in essential program conversation on the arranging of training programs. Define, plan and get ready program recommendations for the area, guaranteeing arrangement with UNICEF’s Strategic Plans and Country Program and cognizance/joining with the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF), provincial techniques and public needs, plans and competencies.
- Establish explicit objectives, goals, systems and execution plans for the area utilizing results-based arranging wording and procedure (RBM). Get ready required documentations for program audit and approval.
- Work intently and cooperatively with inner associates and outer accomplices to examine techniques and philosophies, and to decide public needs to guarantee the accomplishment of concrete and maintainable results.
- Provide specialized and operational help all through all phases of programming measures and to guarantee mix, lucidness and harmonization of projects/projects with other UNICEF areas and accomplishment of results as arranged and allocated.
Program Management, Monitoring and Delivery of Results:
- Plan and team up with interior partners and outside accomplices to set up checking benchmarks, execution pointers and other UNICEF/UN framework markers to survey/fortify execution responsibility, soundness and conveyance of concrete and feasible outcomes for the doled out area on instruction programmes.
- Collaborate with Government and neighborhood accomplices to set up local area non-formal learning places and backing preparing and materials advancement for non-formal, incorporated Qur’anic schooling (IQE) and sped up education.
- Participate in observing and assessment works out, program surveys and yearly audits with the public authority and different partners to evaluate progress and to decide required activity/mediations to accomplish results.
- Prepare and survey checking and assessment reports to recognize holes, qualities and shortcomings in program management.
- Identify exercises learned and use information acquired for improvement arranging and ideal intercession to accomplish goals.
- Actively screen programs/projects through field visits and reviews, and trade data with partners to evaluate progress, distinguish bottlenecks and expected issues, and take convenient choices to determine issues or potentially allude to significant authorities for ideal resolution.
- Monitor and check the ideal and fitting utilization of sectoral program assets (monetary, managerial and different resources) affirming consistence with authoritative guidelines, guidelines/methodology and benefactor responsibilities, principles of responsibility and honesty, guaranteeing ideal revealing and liquidation of resources.
Technical and Operational Support to Program Implementation:
- Provide specialized direction and operational help to government partners, NGO accomplices, UN framework accomplices and country office accomplices and givers on translation, application and comprehension of UNICEF approaches, procedures, cycles and best practices and approaches on schooling and related issues to help program the executives, execution and conveyance of results.
- In joint effort with pertinent subject matter experts, give specialized administration to preparing advancement, including correction of existing preparing assets for instructors and facilitators on ALP, regardless of whether to be conveyed through the formal or non-formal training frameworks and settings.
- Arrange/organize accessibility of specialized specialists with Regional Office/HQ to guarantee opportune and suitable help all through the programming process.
- Participate in training program gatherings including program advancement and possibility intending to give specialized and operational data and investigation, counsel and support.
- Draft strategy papers, briefs and other vital program materials for the board use.
Networking and Partnership Building:
- Build and support successful close working associations with important government partners, public partners, worldwide accomplices, contributors, and the scholarly world through dynamic systems administration, support and powerful correspondence to fabricate limit, trade information/aptitude and to build up participation to accomplish reasonable and expansive outcomes on training programmes.
- Prepare correspondence and data materials for CO program promotion to advance mindfulness, set up associations and backing raising money for schooling programmes.
- Participate as well as address UNICEF in proper between office conversations on non-formal and IQE training and related issues to work together with between office accomplices/associates on the United Nations Sustainable Development Partnership Framework (UNSDPF)planning and readiness of projects/projects guaranteeing hierarchical position, interests and needs are completely thought of and coordinated in the UNSDPF interaction being developed arranging and plan setting.
- Conduct partner conversations around Non-Formal Education strategy, educational program, materials and move to formal education.
Innovation, Knowledge Management and Capacity Building:
- Apply and present creative methodologies and great practices to construct the limit of accomplices and partners and to help the execution and conveyance of concrete and economical program results.
- Keep side by side, examination, benchmark, and carry out prescribed procedures in training the executives. Evaluate, systematize and share best practices and information learned.
- Contribute to the turn of events and execution of approaches and strategies to guarantee ideal productivity and adequacy of maintainable projects and projects.
- Organize and carry out limit building drives to upgrade the skills of customers/partners to advance supportable outcomes on training and related projects/projects.
To qualify as a supporter for each youngster you will have…
- An progressed college degree in one of the accompanying fields is required: schooling, financial matters, brain science, social science, or another pertinent specialized field .
- A least of five years of expert and reformist involvement with instruction program arranging, the board, or potentially research is essential.
- Relevant experience in an I/NGO, UN framework organization is considered as a solid asset.
- Experience working in non-industrial nations and testing climate is considered as an asset.
- Developing nation work insight as well as knowledge of crisis is viewed as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Information on neighborhood language of the obligation station is considered as an asset.
For Every Child, You Demonstrate
UNICEF’s upsides of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and skills including:
- Builds and keeps up partnerships
- Demonstrates mindfulness and moral awareness
- Innovates and accepts change
- Drive to accomplish results for impact
- Manges vagueness and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works cooperatively with others
Click to study UNICEF’s qualities and competencies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified up-and-comers should:
- UNICEF is focused on variety and incorporation inside its labor force, and empowers all competitors, independent of sex, identity, strict and ethnic foundations, incorporating people living with incapacities, to apply to turn into a piece of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-resilience strategy on lead that is incongruent with the points and goals of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual misuse and misuse, inappropriate behavior, maltreatment of power and separation. UNICEF likewise holds fast to severe kid defending standards. All chose up-and-comers will be required to hold fast to these guidelines and standards and will thusly go through thorough reference and historical verifications. Personal investigations will incorporate the check of scholarly credential(s) and work history. Chosen up-and-comers might be needed to give extra data to lead a foundation check.
- Only shortlisted competitors will be reached and advance to the following phase of the choice process.
- Individuals connected with under a consultancy or individual agreement won’t be considered “staff individuals” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s approaches and systems, and won’t be qualified for benefits gave in that, (for example, leave privileges and clinical protection inclusion). Their states of administration will be represented by th