International Rescue Committee
Task title: Education Organizer
Company: International Rescue Committee
Task description: Company description The International Rescue Committee (IRC) reacts to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and assists individuals to make it through and reconstruct …
Task Advertisement & Profile Description
Position: Education Organizer
The IRC has actually been present in Nigeria considering that 2012 when the company reacted to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014, the IRC moved into Adamawa State in Northeast Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, incorporated approach for dispute impacted populations. IRC Nigeria now runs a nation workplace in Abuja and field workplaces in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri, Gwoza and Monguno of Borno state and Damatru of Yobe State. The IRC is reacting at scale to the humanitarian circumstance throughout sectors consisting of Education, Kid Security, Health, Nutrition, Women Security and Empowerment, Environmental Health, Economic Recovery and Development, Security and Guideline of Law, and Governance.
The Education Organizer will provide tactical instructions, leadership and general technical and management support to education programs in Nigeria. He/she will be accountable for guaranteeing program quality, efficient and prompt execution of education jobs throughout BAY states and recognizing brand-new locations for Education program growth throughout the IRC operation geographical locations. The position is based in Maiduguri (Borno) with 30% travel to the field for technical support, and support.
Program Development and Style:
- Lead and/or add to project style procedures for brand-new or adjusted education shows, consisting of the development of spending plans, proposal stories, log frames, and other supporting files
- Make use of the IRC’s Results and Evidence Structure (OEF) and associated theories of change in project style and promote understanding of OEF tools amongst education staff
- Coordinate carefully and communicate frequently with the SPC, Deputy Director of Programs, and Grants System to guarantee quality grant management.
- Support the technical project team to produce premium reports and guarantee prompt submission.
- Coordinate with the M&E system to produce a robust M&E system for the sector.
- Make sure that crucial knowings are drawn out from education execution and integrate them in program and staff development procedures.
- Coordinate education program activities with other IRC sectors to guarantee program combination.
Program Application and Management:
- Lead the education team to implement prompt, efficient, and premium project activities in line with recognized requirements, donor requirements, and tactical goals and indications
- In close coordination with the SPC and Deputy Director of Field Management (DDFM), guarantee all education jobs have actually detailed execution strategies, in-depth budget, keeping an eye on strategies, and procurement strategies which are evaluated and upgraded regularly.
- Manage the jobs budget in coordination with SPC and Assistant Finance Controller
Display and manage project spending plans and efficiency and guarantee that jobs execution is on course based on the in-depth execution strategies and phased spending plans.
- In coordination with the SPC and DDFM, conduct budget tracking, suggest needed modifications, and prepare draft reports.
- Guarantee that the budget tracking reports are reacted to in time and with precise details.
- Lead and participate in the Project Cycle Management (PCM) of all education associated grants.
- Make sure that all jobs are carried out in accordance with worldwide technical standards and finest practices in the education sector.
- Communicate with Education Technical Advisors frequently and proactively, and pursue technical guidance as required.
- Stay abreast of advancements in the IRC Education Technical System and worldwide working groups associated with brand-new tools and standards.
- Identify, screen and report on unmet requirements and make educated suggestions to senior management on the capability of the IRC to address recognized requirements
- Provide technical support consisting of encouraging guidance to IRC and partner education staff.
- Add to the technical analysis of M&E data and use output and result indication findings to improve program quality
- Support the development and upkeep of a meaningful education strategy throughout IRC’s locations of intervention in Nigeria
HR & Team Management:
- Supervise and provide technical support to Education Supervisors, and other education staff to implement IRC education programs to a top quality requirement
- Make sure prompt recruitment, comprehensive on-boarding, and the basic growth and wellness of team members
- Maintain open and expert relations with associates, promoting a strong team spirit and supplying oversight and guidance to make it possible for staff to carry out in their positions effectively
- Ensure team members know task expectations and have clear efficiency goals; frequently evaluation efficiency and start restorative action as required
- Identify training requires and develop particular capability building prepares for education staff to promote progressive levels of management responsibility
- Comply With and act in accordance with the IRC Global HR Policies and Treatments
- Frequently go to technical working group conferences and other pertinent coordination structures to guarantee balanced execution techniques.
- Represent IRC in pertinent forums/clusters, consisting of with nationwide authorities and donors
Coordinate with the SPC, Deputy Director of Field Management (DDFM) and Deputy Director for Programs( DDP) to guarantee field issues and obstacles are given pertinent stakeholders for the development of enhanced requirements and treatments
- Proactively collaborate with other sector technical result in promote program combination and an outcome-based approach.
- Play an active role in the execution of the nation Strategic Action Plan.
Needed profile for task advertisement: Education Organizer
- Minimum of 7 years of expert experience in the management of education programs in emergency situations.
- Masters degree in Education or other pertinent locations.
- Strong knowledge of technical tools, resources, and requirements associated with education in emergency situations and post-conflict settings.
- Shown experience establishing training products and assisting in workshops and training for adult students
- Exceptional budget preparation and management abilities, previous experience establishing and efficiently handling multi-million, multi-donor grants needed
- Previous experience handling varied teams to deliver results on brief timelines, consisting of the development of budget, procurement strategies, and work strategies
- Strong spoken communication abilities and efficient in representation and intermediary with external stars
- Proven technical writing ability in English consisting of abilities in proposal and report writing
- Promotes team effort, comfy in a multi-cultural environment, versatile and able to deal with tension and pressure with expert grace
- Previous experience in an insecure or conflict-affected setting chosen
- Experience with remote management chosen.
- Ability to work under pressure in difficult working and living conditions
Secret Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Program Organizer, with technical oversight by Technical Consultant – Education
Position straight Monitors: All Education and Education M&E Staff in BAY States
Secret Internal Contacts: Grants System, Finance System, Supply Chain System, Elder Area Supervisors and other Program Technical Coordinators.
Secret External Contacts: MoE, SUBEB, SAME, other crucial education development stars (INGOs, LNGOs)
Standards of Expert Conduct: The IRC and IRC employees should comply with the worths and concepts detailed in the IRC Method – Standard Procedure. These are Stability, Equality, Service, and Responsibility. In accordance with these worths, the IRC runs and implements policies on Recipient Security from Exploitation and Abuse, Kid Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Work Environment, Fiscal Stability, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking face to faces and a number of others.
Gender Equality: IRC is dedicated to narrowing the gender space in leadership positions. We offer advantages that provide a making it possible for environment for females to participate in our labor force consisting of adult leave, gender-sensitive security procedures and other encouraging advantages and allowances.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC thinks about all candidates on the basis of benefit without regard to race, sex, color, nationwide origin, faith, sexual preference, age, marital status, veteran status or impairment.
Task requirements for task advertisement: Education Organizer Task classification:
Social, public and human services
Irreversible contract – Fixed-term contract
Anticipated salary: Remuneration is Attractive
Area: Maiduguri, Borno State
Task date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 22:38:03 GMT