Job title: Driver (maiduguri And Northern Nigeria) At The British High Commission (bhc)
Job description: The British Authorities is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill up the place below:
Job Title: Driver
Ref. No.: 01/21 MDR
Locations: Abuja, Maiduguri & Northern Nigeria
Type of Place: Permanent
Type of Post: British High Commission
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Evolution Business office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Corporate Services Back up
Start Date: 1 July 2021.
Working hours per week: 40 hours
Number of vacancies: 1
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main Purpose of Job:
- To supply transportation services for staff and visitors of the British High Commission (1HMG) to and from assigned destinations within Maiduguri, Abuja and Northern Nigeria Part in a safe, efficient and courteous mode observing all route traffic rules and post security regulations.
- Perform administrative duties as may be required to back up the effective running of the Abuja business office and Transportation operations in the Nigeria Network.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Transportation Services – 60%:
- Handle transportation booking requests and communicate effectively with customers and other stakeholders
- Drive 1HMG staff and visitors to meetings and functions within Maiduguri, Abuja and Northern Nigeria.
- Conduct Airport runs to pick upwards/drib off 1HMG staff and visitors. Liaise with Airport officials as essential.
- Undertake journeys to other states within Nigeria as essential
- Perform duties in line with post security regulations
- Finish accurate journeying tape sheets for all journeys in official vehicles.
Vehicle Maintenance and Direction – 20%:
- Maintain accurate records of vehicle mileage, fuel consumption and maintenance work/costs
- Perform daily inspections to ensure that all official vehicles are route worthy and in good working tell.
- Launder/Make clean official vehicles ensuring they are kept tidy and parked in a secured area.
- Finish vehicle inspection checklists and promptly study whatsoever defects, faults or incidents that occur to the Transportation Manager
- Bank check that all vehicle equipment and tools are secured safely and are functioning correctly.
- Handle a working stock of spares (held in stores with restricted access) for the fleet based in Maiduguri in line with FCDO / BHC policy.
Administrative Back up – 20%:
- Provide administrative back up for the daytime to daytime running of the Maiduguri / Abuja business office
- Assist the Deputy Transportation Manager / Squad Leaders and liaise with other Corporate Services staff based in Maidugguri/Abuja as essential
- Update transportation related information using Microsoft Business office IT systems and maintain other records as may be delegated by the business office / transportation manager
- Maintain adequate records for all the operations of the Maiduguri transportation unit required for audit purposes e.g. Journeying records, Stores, Vehicle maintenance checklists, Fuel Consumption, etc.
Fundamental Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Total valid Nigerian driving licence
- Minimum of 3 years verifiable preceding driving experience
- Qualified and experience of driving Armoured Vehicles
- Good working knowledge (and driving experience) of Maiduguri, Abuja and Northern Nigeria
- Basic Computer skills – Microsoft Business office tools
- Must possess minimum of SSCE with 5 credits obtained in one sitting
- Must be able to relate and speak fluently with locals
- Only candidates living total time in Maiduguri will be shortlisted.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience of driving for other Embassies or NGOs.
Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Lineament Service, Delivering at Pace.
Other Benefits and Conditions of Work
Learning and evolution opportunities (and whatsoever specific grooming courses to be completed):
- Imperative FCDO e-learning
- Access to FCDO e-learning opportunities and formal/casual learning and evolution opportunities at the British High Commission
- Drivers must work shifts rather than touchstone business office hours. The nature of the job will require flexible working patterns. There is a requirement to work on a rotational basis sometimes in the eve and on weekends. Overtime will be paid for additional hours worked.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Please finish the application shape in total as the information if is used during screening. Please cheque your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made in one case submitted.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local work law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the emptiness with the right visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibleness lies on the successful candidate to;
- Access the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Create arrangements to relocate
- See the costs to relocation
- The British Deputy High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits apart from where it may be local exercise to do so.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income revenue enhancement on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income revenue enhancement amount.
- Information in relation to the Foreign and Commonwealth Business office Competency Framework can be found on this link:
Please annotation: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5 * Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
- The British Deputy High Commission will never asking whatsoever payment or fees to apply for a place.
Expected salary: 223596 per month
Location: Maiduguri, Borno Province
Job date: Sat, 29 May 2021 03:30:14 GMT